Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New York Magazine: Do You Believe Her Now? It’s time to reexamine the evidence that Clarence Thomas lied to get onto the Supreme Court — and to talk seriously about impeachment.

PeterMP

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The R fringe would support impeaching anyone that Trump tells them to, regardless of all other factors. Im not going to defend Thomas’ alleged behavior, but the politics of impeaching him suck for the Dems, as @Predicto correctly noted. Plus he’s like 70, by the time Dems take power again, he’ll be approaching the end of his tenure. 

Honestly he might just retire.  Guy doesn't seem to derive any great pleasure from being on the bench.  Sandra Day O' Connor retired at 76, Thomas might step down before that age.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

The Republican "fringe" would support impeaching somebody over clearly falsified evidence of guilt or evidence...

If its on Facebook it is not falsified. There are laws against that you know. My baby boomer parents told me so.

/sarcasm

4 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Honestly he might just retire.  Guy doesn't seem to derive any great pleasure from being on the bench.  Sandra Day O' Connor retired at 76, Thomas might step down before that age.

Souter retired at 70. 

We’ve had the discussion at my firm whether anyone is likely to retire during Trump’s tenure. Thomas and Kennedy are old enough and could step dowm to give Trump a chance to get another younger conservative in there.  RBG will die on the bench if she has to. 

9 hours ago, zoony said:

I think we should take another look at the evidence against ted kennedy, too.  Also, loved how Paula Jones was dismissed.  Wait, theyre democrats, nevermind.

You guys are straight up partisan hacks nowadays, its pretty pathetic.

You’ve got 20,000 posts, have been here for 14 years, and have achieved mod status so I’m assuming there was a time where you did more than pop into a thread calling everyone pathetic whiney ******* while offering either no substance, or occasionally providing some content, but it’s pretty damn dumb when you do.

So what happened?

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

RBG will die on the bench if she has to. 

The flip side of that is if Thomas does make it to 2020 and the Democrats are in control of the government then, I could see Thomas having a similar attitude as RBG, which makes impeaching that much more valuable to people looking to restructure the Supreme Court.

Removing Thomas in 2020 might actually mean preventing another conservative being appointed on the court to fill 40 years after Thomas if Thomas take the same attitude as RBG and makes it to the next conservative administration.

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You’ve got 20,000 posts, have been here for 14 years, and have achieved mod status so I’m assuming there was a time where you did more than pop into a thread calling everyone pathetic whiney ******* while offering either no substance, or occasionally providing some content, but it’s pretty damn dumb when you do.

So what happened?

A bunch of pathetic whiney *******'s took up residence?

Just a guess :ols:

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You’ve got 20,000 posts, have been here for 14 years, and have achieved mod status so I’m assuming there was a time where you did more than pop into a thread calling everyone pathetic whiney ******* while offering either no substance, or occasionally providing some content

Have you ever met TK? I think this was zoony's primary qualification. ☺️

You would have LOVED Art.

Archived