Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I think the comparison is a bit of a stretch. Zeke is a beast between the tackles. Barkley has yet to show that. On the flip side Barkley is better outside of the tackles than Zeke is. They are pretty different backs in all honesty.

I agree. Like I said earlier I see a faster Shady McCoy. 

I'm also intrigued by Derrius Guice. The rb class looks like it is going to be pretty good again this year with Scarborough and Chubb potentially coming out too.

I hope that Samaje gets some run this season because I liked him the draft and I want to see what we have in him.

1 hour ago, Gregpeck99 said:

The search for a franchise QB goes on ... checking out Luke Falk today ... Beavers at Cougs.

Looking for Luke to throw his usual 4-5 TDs in the first half.

Watched him last week. Color me highly unimpressed. Actually got yanked.

Falk puts up numbers because of Leach's system. Would not touch him were I a GM.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20723858

Great play here from Mason Rudolph. Not sure what his prospects are for the next level but he did a good job keeping his eyes downfield and evading the rush. Nice throw for a td.

Sorry, don't know how to embed vids.

Edit: Looking around for some info on Rudolph and found this on nfl.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843195/article/college-football-qb-power-rankings-for-week-3-rosen-no-1

Edit #2: Also found this mock that has us taking Rudolph at 16

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/way-too-early-2018-nfl-mock-draft-its-all-about-the-franchise-quarterbacks/

16. Washington Redskins

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State: Is Kick Cousins staying? Is he going? The Redskins cover their bases by drafting Rudolph, who has 55 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in college.

17. New York Giants

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State: Barkley averaged 5.7 yards per carry and he'll be another weapon for Eli Manning, joining Odell Beckham and 2017 first-rounder Evan Engram.

I included 17 in there too since its the Giants and we have been talking about Barkley. God I hope they don't get that guy.

Rosen has been impressive in this game. That INT was horrid though. So has Ferguson from Memphis. That guy can play. and he has great size and escapability. They both look like sure NFL QB's to me.

That was a DIME from Rosen from his own endzone. Good lord the gun on Rosen! Just beautiful

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Rosen has been impressive in this game. That INT was horrid though. So has Ferguson from Memphis. That guy can play. and he has great size and escapability. They both look like sure NFL QB's to me.

Wild entertaining game to watch.   Rosen is cool in the pocket and throws well on the move.  Smooth delivery and his footwork looks excellent.   Part of the question about Rosen is his makeup -- another Cutler type?  Although his brand of personality is different from Cutler's style but he has the rep of not being loved by his teammates. 

Ferguson has a good arm and mobility but I wonder about the system -- seems to be heavy read option and he seems to lock in on one read versus going through progressions much.

And I'm watching the QBs under protest. :)  I got zilch excitement about starting over at the position.  But I recognize with the contract, etc -- a new QB might be reality.  

11 hours ago, Long n Left said:

UCLA lost because their defense couldn't stop a high school team.

No... Their defense was expecting to give up 40+... Rosen threw 2 backbreaking INT's, both under pressure/on run, that were inexcusable and game changing. Basically threw a third under pressure on final drive that his WR had to take 15 yard penalty to prevent to extend game and ultimately ended drive.

1 hour ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Luke Falk did it again ... 4 Tds before the half ... 6 for the game.

Watch Goff today ... Falk is a better prospect, IMO.

Greg what do you make about last week when Falk got benched? 

I've seen some projections that have him in the first. Not sure if he's worth that based on the air raid stigma and benching.

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

No... Their defense was expecting to give up 40+... Rosen threw 2 backbreaking INT's, both under pressure/on run, that were inexcusable and game changing. Basically threw a third under pressure on final drive that his WR had to take 15 yard penalty to prevent to extend game and ultimately ended drive.

A ranked power 5 school "expecting" to give up 40+ points to freaking Memphis? If that's the case, little Mora should be gone yesterday!

When your D can't stop  anybody, that puts unrealistic pressure on any QB to score every time. Not making excuses for Rosen, he threw some dumb passes (and I like Darnold and Rudolph far more), but kid can throw some darts. Certainly not going to make excuses for one of the worst defenses I've ever seen from a supposedly good power 5 team.

Watched a ton of USC vs Texas game last night, and next to Darnold, the best player on the field was Malik Jefferson from Texas. Dude was a heat seeking missle, all over the field. Great vision and instincts, and when he got to the attack point, he brought a bucket of pain. Could not stop gushing over the kid. Guess it's because I'm an old LB.

8 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

While we're talking about Quarterback.

The kid has an arm for sure, but after the first 5 clips, I could predict exactly where he was going to throw it. He stares down every target. He does however seem to excel in keeping his eyes downfield under pressure.

I actually like Lualetta a lot. And I disagree about him staring down his receiver. What I see is a guy reading the safety and delivering to the open man. He also shows excellent pocket awareness and has a decent arm. I wouldnt call it an elite arm though.  This draft is going to end up being the deepest QB draft in history IMO. Of course it will end up depending on how many Juniors decide to come out. But there are potentially 8-10 NFL starters in this upcoming draft. Crazy deep.

Archived