Rdskns2000

Presidential Election :11/3/2020- Trump the Impeached vs Superplanner Lizzie, Shake Your Booty Pete & some other Dems

Recommended Posts

 

The best way to get the black vote is 100% to blame it on black people homophobia and not some of the **** that you have been responsible for in your authority as mayor. Super smart. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

The best way to get the black vote is 100% to blame it on black people homophobia and not some of the **** that you have been responsible for in your authority as mayor. Super smart. 

 

 

 

Dang bigots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

The best way to get the black vote is 100% to blame it on black people homophobia and not some of the **** that you have been responsible for in your authority as mayor. Super smart. 

 

 

 

Wait a minute.  You're blaming his campaign for how the focus groups answered questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dan T. said:

 

Wait a minute.  You're blaming his campaign for how the focus groups answered questions?


I'm blaming him and his campaign for a lazy conclusion. In the link they even quote multiple black people who say it isnt a problem and should have nothing to do with it. Seems to me they found an easy excuse and went with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I assume it's not going to be Pete with the nom.  Not between the single-digit poll numbers, and the levels of hate I'm seeing in here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Llevron said:


I'm blaming him and his campaign for a lazy conclusion. In the link they even quote multiple black people who say it isnt a problem and should have nothing to do with it. Seems to me they found an easy excuse and went with it. 

 

You do realize the campaign didn't write the article you quoted?  Or the report that summarizing the focus group?  I really don't get your criticism here.  The firm hired by the campaign found this attitude among some of the focus group, among other findings.  That was noted in their final written report, as reported by this South Carolina newspaper. The campaign isn't using that as an "excuse" in any way.  The article mentioned other potential pitfalls facing Buttigieg mentioned by the focus group, - his youth, inexperience and lack of name recognition.

 

In any case do you realize that there is a higher percentage of anti-homosexual sentiment among American blacks than among whites and Hispanics? Is it wrong to be aware of that fact as a gay candidate?

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

 

You do realize the campaign didn't write the article you quoted?  Or the report that summarizing the focus group?  I really don't get your criticism here.  

 

No I assumed they were using direct quotes from the conclusions gathered. I guess I don't understand how this works. You seem to be telling me that his campaign has nothing to do with the conclusions gathered here.....I find that hard to believe but accept the fact I am wrong about this stuff often. 

 

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

In any case do you realize that there is a higher percentage of anti-homosexual sentiment among American blacks than among whites and Hispanics? Is it wrong to acknowledge that fact as a gay candidate?

 

I dont think its wrong to acknowledge that. I think its wrong to consider yourself a gay candidate and then come to the conclusion that as a gay candidate you cant win these people because of your sexuality when these same people are telling you it shouldn't matter. And asking why it was even mentioned. 

 

I guess im just taking the assertion that black people are against him because of his sexuality and nothing else, personal. I dont want to think we are that shallow, especially when every conversation I have had on the current field has literally left him out entirely. And I dont want others to based off of this information when it doesnt match my reality. 

19 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, I assume it's not going to be Pete with the nom.  Not between the single-digit poll numbers, and the levels of hate I'm seeing in here.  

 

I hope you dont mean me, last thing im trying to do is be/ come off hateful here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I got from the article is that his homosexuality might be a stumbling block for some segment of the voting constituency. Not the only factor... his young age, inexperience, and lack of name recognition were other factors listed. 
 

I see the whole exercise as an effort on the part of the campaign to find out what they are up against so they can fashion strategies to overcome those obstacles. 
 

I think acknowledging that his homosexuality is a negative among some voters isn’t the same as using it as an excuse for lack of support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

 

In any case do you realize that there is a higher percentage of anti-homosexual sentiment among American blacks than among whites and Hispanics? Is it wrong to be aware of that fact as a gay candidate?

Evidence?

46 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I think acknowledging that his homosexuality is a negative among some voters isn’t the same as using it as an excuse for lack of support

Except he isn’t polling well with black people and leaked this.

 

Im sure he did focus groups with other segments of the population, why not share those? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like super anti-LGBTQIA+ Donald Trump is president and black people didn’t vote for him at all, yet somehow we are the group that’s most homophobic? This is what people believe.

 

This country is homophobic, lol. 

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Evidence?

 

Look right in the article that started this conversation:

 

Approval of same-sex marriage has steadily risen among all Americans over the past two decades. But a national Pew Research survey conducted last spring found that support among blacks (51%) still lagged behind whites (62%) and Hispanics (58%)

 

39 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Like super anti-LGBTQIA+ Donald Trump is president and black people didn’t vote for him at all, yet somehow we are the group that’s most homophobic? This is what people believe.

 

This country is homophobic, lol. 

 

This country IS still homophobic.  Which the campaign readily acknowledges, per the article:

The Buttigieg campaign has known from the beginning that decades of deep-seeded discrimination, from Americans of all races and backgrounds, against the gay community could hinder his longshot 2020 bid. And many voters in the South still hold different cultural and religious beliefs from those who live above the Mason-Dixon line and on the coasts.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Look right in the article that started this conversation:

 

Approval of same-sex marriage has steadily risen among all Americans over the past two decades. But a national Pew Research survey conducted last spring found that support among blacks (51%) still lagged behind whites (62%) and Hispanics (58%)


I don’t think this says black People are more homophobic. 
 

My only point is we live in a country that is homophobic, it’s effed up to scapegoat black people for the problems of this country. It happens all the time and it’s effed up each time.

 

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Look, Mayor Pete might be the whitest guy in America. No way around it. He's trying though:

 

https://peteforamerica.com/policies/douglass-plan/

 

I would be curious about people's views on that proposal.

 

I think I shared it when it came out last spring. It’s a good plan but the point I’m making about Buttigieg is he doesn’t seem like he interacts with black people that much. The black People in his city has a problem with him and black People nationally seem to feel he has the same problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:


I don’t think this says black People are more homophobic. 
 

My only point is we live in a country that is homophobic, it’s effed up to scapegoat black people for the problems of this country. It happens all the time and it’s effed up each time.

Polls have shown otherwise for a while now. 
 

not to mention what drove the repeal in CA years ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Polls have shown otherwise for a while now. 
 

not to mention what drove the repeal in CA years ago...

 

Are they homophobic though or just morally opposed?

 

Does it matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, twa said:

 

Are they homophobic though or just morally opposed?

 

Does it matter?

 

I don't know if they are homophobic or just morally opposed. I don't know that I've ever seen a poll that attempts to distinguish, only that they were against gay marriage, or did not support gay marriage, or supported repealing gay marriage.

 

I know that if I were to say I was against gay marriage, right now, that I would be called homophobic. And that the people who would call me that wouldn't care about any distinction between being homophobic and being morally opposed. And you and I know who would be doing it. 

 

I guess it matters if we're going to focus specifically on the word homophobic. I'm not really interested in that specific conversation because I don't know that we have any polls to work with on that specific conversation.

 

I don't think it matters in the context of the actual conversation about support for Pete and what polls show about how certain segments of the population feel about gay marriage, gay rights, etc. And in that context we have a lot of data that suggests something very specific, even if some people don't want to hear it.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Look, Mayor Pete might be the whitest guy in America. No way around it. He's trying though:

 

https://peteforamerica.com/policies/douglass-plan/

 

I would be curious about people's views on that proposal.

 

the rhetoric makes me cringe but general idea of acknowledging how healthcare, education, economic opportunity, and the criminal justice system have created disproportionate outcomes and opportunities is a real thing that needs to be discussed and combated.

 

especially if you're like me and you think that the crime and victimization statistics are what they are because of the disproportionate quality of certain groups living conditions and how they're brought up.  i'm reminded of the school lunch thread and the research i posted from an NPR segment. If just giving kids in poor (mostly minority) school districts free breakfast improves test scores 20%... the possible dividends earned on the investment of some eggs bacon and pancakes is kind of absurd.

 

 

16 hours ago, twa said:

 

 

Shameless pandering for votes.....he might go far

 

This is not a good look. I realize you don't care, but categorizing a candidates attempt at thoughtfully bringing inequality issues to the public conversation as "shameless pandering for votes" is just a really, really ****ty look.

 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.