Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Star Trek Series?

Ron78

What is your favorite Star Trek Series?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Trek Series?

• The Original Series
    • The Animated Series
    • The Next Generation
    • Deep Space 9
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise

2 hours ago, China said:

I voted for TOS, because many of the stories were true original sci-fi even if the acting was overdone, and the special effects dated.

If you want an episode to laugh at, go for Spock's Brain:

db7e8d1532bc023dfe964c4908d3f6f9--star-t

Then there's other Star Trek memes that I've loved:  

insp_sexual_tension.jpg

65601b7cb1db0fafa8f260ceed49d6e5--funny-

52 minutes ago, Keith Huddleston said:

TOS had a lot of crazy, stupid or just plain dull episodes in its three season run. But the good ones were gems: "The Galileo Seven", "Space Seed", "The Doomsday Machine" were a few that I can think of off the top of my head. 

They were much better delivering their moral messages too  - addressing race hatred, interracial relationships, cultural clashes, cold war,  etc. The later TNG series was completely inept in this aspect (probably because the idea was they had achieved perfection/utopia already).     

On 7/31/2017 at 11:07 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

Kirk vs Gorm

What the **** was that? And what the **** is this? Another ****ing Star Trek thread? When did this message board turn into ExtremeDorks? Maybe we can start another forum for these kinds of threads? You got the Stadium, the Tailgate, and the ______ (what's a football reference for a place where a bunch of sexless nerds congregate? ).

Anyway I'm just messing with you guys. I'll try to contribute... I've never seen it but I hear the the Clone Wars cartoons are pretty good. No option for that?

The best was the original, without it; there would be nothing else.  Was it perfect no, but it set the tone for everything.

Star Trek -  At it's best, it gave us some of the best sci-fi TV ever.   Also, gave us some stupid **** too.  There was about it, that wouldn't die. It was more popular in syndication; than it ever was on NBC.  That popularity spawned fan conventions and eventually led us to now 5 TV series and 14 movies.

The Next Generation -  Horrible start. I think they literally used some of the same scripts from the original show. I remember not many of my college friends liking the show. It premiered during my sophomore year.  It wasn't until the third season; the show finally found it's footing and really took off.  It could've slayed on the air for another 3-4 years easily but Paramount wanted them to be the new movie franchise.  I don't feel the TNG cast was really suited for a movie portrayal but  I loved First Contact.

Deep Space 9 -  It was a different kind a Trek. Grittier. I had problems with this show.  Of the sequels, this series probably had the least problems with it.

Voyager -  It was used to launch the UPN network.   It was alright.   Star Trek meets Lost in Space.  It had potential, but I felt it failed on that mission.

Enterprise - It started okay but then got bogged down. By the time, they improved the show; it was too late.

I'll watch Star Trek: Discovery. My roommate already prescribes to CBS All-Access.  I don't have much faith in the show, right now.

My Rankings:

1. Star Trek

2.  TNG

3.  DS9

4.  Voyager

5.  Enterprise

I have never seen the animated series.

9 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Is this a trick question?  The Original Series in a landslide!

It's no landslide.  The original series had a certain charm, and the most classic characters, but it is seriously dated.

Next generation for me.  I was never much of a Star Trek guy, but my father watched this one a lot when I was a kid, so it was what I watched.  I've seen some episodes of the original, and almost none of the other, more recent ones.  So for me, it's Picard, Riker, Worf, etc...and everyone else a far second.

I think I've seen maybe two of the movies, and that includes the recent reboot with Joe Flacco, so no real basis to compare them.

Archived