Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it Possible? Terrelle Pryor as #3QB and we keep another player on the 53? M.E.T.

18 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

False. Colt McCoy signed a three year contract in 2016.

I assume you are aware of the nature of NFL contracts. Particularly the final years.  Skins can save $3m against the cap by releasing Colt after this season.  Not small change.

42 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I assume you are aware of the nature of NFL contracts. Particularly the final years.  Skins can save $3m against the cap by releasing Colt after this season.  Not small change.

Well aware. $3 million for a backup that can start if needed, is actually small change, in my opinion, and if he is our starter in 2018, $3 million is a bargain.

Regardless if we agree, or disagree on Colt McCoys ability vs salary, your statement still remains false.

In 2018, the Redskins have two quarterbacks under contract.

On 6/8/2017 at 10:24 AM, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Well aware. $3 million for a backup that can start if needed, is actually small change, in my opinion, and if he is our starter in 2018, $3 million is a bargain.

Regardless if we agree, or disagree on Colt McCoys ability vs salary, your statement still remains false.

In 2018, the Redskins have two quarterbacks under contract.

Under contract for 2018 and on 2018's roster, which will be released in August of 2018 are two totally different things.  You need to read a bit more carefully.

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Under contract for 2018 and on 2018's roster, which will be released in August of 2018 are two totally different things.  You need to read a bit more carefully.

Well, with that logic, how are you sure that a 6th round pick from 2015, with absolutely ZERO passes thrown in the regular season, would make the 2018 roster over a backup that we have now signed to two contracts? McCoy has been here since out head coach has, and has actually been a starter in our offense.

So maybe I'm not "reading carefully".

You initially said, and I quote:

"Of all of the potential QBs, the only one we know will be in the 2018 roster is Nate Sudfeld.  This includes Pryor."

I responded, that we have two quarterbacks under contract for 2018.

Is Colt McCoy not a "potential QB" for 2018? Why would he not be? He is under contract. He has been in the league for a while. He has been a starter. He has won games in our offense. He is not expensive.

Now Nate Sudfeld was a 6th round pick. He has never started a game for us. He has never even thrown a regular season pass. You know how many games Nate Sudfeld was actually active for last year, his only season in the NFL?

Zero.

So what you meant to say is, we only have two quarterbacks under contract next year, but somehow some way, the Redskins will cut our #2 QB, in lieu of Nate Sudfeld, who has never taken a snap in the NFL, the save roughly $2.8 million dollars.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:46 AM, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Much like Brian Mitchell, can Pryer give us another player on the 53 by being the 3rd QB? Maybe be able to keep another WR? We would have to cut McCoy *I* know...

Secondly, is Pryer fixable as a viable QB? Kinda of a RG3 re-boot but have Gruden coach him up?  Most of his problems were similar to RG3, 1st read/run. But given time as a WR and knowing the routes, can he be a "project". He's faster than RG3 is now since he didn't get injured...

I am curious if this might be an option if Cousins doesn't sign a LTD. Pryer MAY be more conducive to coaching (sans EGO)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2037649-what-went-wrong-for-terrelle-pryor-in-oakland

This IS FAR REACHING *I* know..and may be in fact a stupid idea...what do you think???

I am not a fan of cutting Nate Sudfeld loose.  You never know how he might pan out in the future, and we don't even know if our starter will be back next season.  There was a time when the Redskins drafted quarterbacks to hold a clipboard and then developed them for future use. 

On 6/8/2017 at 11:17 PM, c slag said:

I really hope Prior can step up this season and be a key deep threat 

That is why we signed him.  After letting Jackson go, we definitely need him to deliver.

2 hours ago, Ron78 said:

That is why we signed him.  After letting Jackson go, we definitely need him to deliver.

We do - but he's a very different receiver than Jackson. I think looking for him to do the things Jackson did as a deep threat is a mistake. He has elite speed but is more of a long strider than Jackson and he does not have that quick twitch ability to hit another gear immediately to separate from a DB. He will make DBs respect him deep but not in the way Jackson did. 

He averaged just over 13 yards a reception last season. Now that was with some godawful QB play but still compare that to Jackson with an 18 yard per reception average. But Pryor will be able to do things Jackson didn't - like run digs or skinny posts and challenge the area between the hashes in front of the safeties. He's a much bigger body which should show up in the red zone. 

I think he can do some of the things Jackson did in terms of making DBs respect his speed and dictate coverage but not to the extent Jackson did. He will also be able to do some of the dirty work Garcon did. Be a much more complete receiver than Jackson.

I think we can reasonably hope Pryor replaces Jackson's production - but that production will come in different ways to Jackson.

Archived