Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What If I Told You The Browns Spend More Money On Defense Than The Redskins?

KingGibbs

29 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

That adds up to $128M.  The league wide salary cap is $155M. Where are we spending the other $27M?

Over The Cap should lay it all out. Dead money plus our cap this year is slightly higher bc we rolled over some unused cap space from last year. Right now we are about 15 mil under our cap, which I love bc we can roll that over to next year and have ..... 

Image result for mo money

6 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

As I understand it, we don't have to roll the extra cap space over.  Snyder can just keep his money.

Dan Snyder is not Peter Angelos. I want nothing more than to see Dan Snyder dance to House of Pain every single Sunday (I thought that was awesome by the way .. Go Dan, Go Dan). 

But yes, Im sure we could just pull a Jaguars and just roll money over to next year and never actually spend it. 

7 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Dan Snyder is not Peter Angelos. I want nothing more than to see Dan Snyder dance to House of Pain every single Sunday (I thought that was awesome by the way .. Go Dan, Go Dan). 

But yes, Im sure we could just pull a Jaguars and just roll money over to next year and never actually spend it. 

He can also choose to not roll over the extra cap, or not roll all of it over.

Defense m-a-y win championships, but Dan Snyder as a businessman knows that prolific offenses will help him to fill the empty seats.  That may also be why Wade Philips' request wasn't granted, and he went elsewhere.  (No doubt, Barry was more willing to accommodate the "offense first" flavor of rebuild.)

But maybe Snyder has a point.  As a product, the Redskins games have been interesting to watch -- most were closely fought to the end, mainly because the Skins offense now has the potential to put up more points than the struggling Skins defense gives up.  It's been a wild ride this season!

And in Scott's defense, let's remember that, at one time, Galette and Hall were penciled in as starters on this team -- they might have improved the quality of the defense a bit.  (That said, perhaps Scott could have found a better solution than Kendall Reyes; I'm suspecting that Barry stood up on the table for that selection.)

I suspect once the contracts of the QB, WRs and TE get settled,  you'll see more money and high level draft picks spent on landing quality ILBs and D-line.

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

<grinning>. That's so cold, Wildbunny.

We probably won't ever find out whether Hall could have gotten better at FS -- and we won't know about Galette until next season. 

You really think it's because of Dan?

Last season he wasn't allowed to make a decision about pant color.

Move on.

Archived