Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD Week 12: Thanksgiving in Dallas Edition. Welcomes the restless, drunken, die hard fans!!

LetThePointsSoar

Sorry zskins, I know you usually handle these, but I'm already feeling like I can't and won't sleep tonight!!  Haven't been this amped for a game in a long time. 

So ready for kickoff and beating down the Turds after hearing the BS slobbering of the national media for months will be so sweet. 

It's our time to show we are contenders and not pretenders. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, KingGibbs said:

Shoot. I got up at 2:50 this morning. So the insomnia has already started. First time in years. We're eating at 1:00 so I'll be good to go and I am so pumped. **** DallAss!

Yeah, I was awake at like 3:30, had to just lay there for 2 hours till I could reasonably slide outta bed.  I picked up everything for tomorrow from Boston Market, my 10 Elite is clean & ready.   New blood pressure med might get put to the test.  I can't wait...about to launch myself out the window or something...HTTR!:1386:

I'm cooking  Cornish Game Hen, dressing, have pre-made mashed potatoes, will make gravy. I just put a pumpkin custard in the oven. My mom always made pumpkin pie, I don't like crust, so custard it is. Smells delicious, will cool in the fridge overnight. Going to inject the bird with some mojo for that Cuban touch.

Looking forward to the game! Go Skins!

Sounds delicious LSF.

Lunch with the fam tomorrow so I've got zero responsibility like I'm a kid again.  I'm pitching in by making one single side, so I'm going easy and making some cinnamon pecan apples in the slow cooker.  Ingredients are already prepped, all I have to do tomorrow is throw them in, turn it on, and WAIT.  While the minutes creep by like HOURS until game time.

26 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

OMG, being from the Apple Capital, I love that idea!

I'm a foodie, don't get me started, we'll derail the thread in a hurry. :)

Just now, campfodder said:

Does anyone else not feel nervous about the outcome anymore?

I don't really either, feel pretty confident.  But ready to find out if it's a false sense.  I've sorta been wrong once or twice before, and ummmm....I'm a lifelong Skins fan so I MIIIIIGHT have once said before, and I'll say it again, but...."this FEELS different this time." :silly: :rofl89::dallas_sucks:

3 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Sorry zskins, I know you usually handle these, but I'm already feeling like I can't and won't sleep tonight!!  Haven't been this amped for a game in a long time. 

So ready for kickoff and beating down the Turds after hearing the BS slobbering of the national media for months will be so sweet. 

It's our time to show we are contenders and not pretenders. 

Hail. 

Never be sorry to start my drunken thread. :)

With our offense and their D I really don't see how we can lose. We need to hit them first and hit them hard. If they score before us and often then it might be a long day. 

I want the cowgirls to start losing rest of their season after they get a beat down by the Skins! :beavisnbutthead:

I WANT THE ****ING DIVISION AND NOT JUST A WILD-CARD!

HTTR!!!

Huge opportunity tomorrow, division/conference/playoff implications aside. An opportunity to REALLY raise some eyebrows, make a statement, assert ourselves as a contender this season and beyond. 

I hate the short turnaround, to be playing on the road on a Thursday after a late Sunday game feels unfair. But, it is what it is... Nothing we can do about that.

I'm at a point where I am incredibly confident in the offense, so much so that it worries me and I'm half-expecting the ultimate letdown game. We may sputter at times, but all in all, I'm completely sure that the offense will move the ball, figure out what defenses are doing, attack it and find success.

Our defense worries me sick... I haven't watched a lot of Dallas' offense but it seems like they're excellent at what we're not. 

We need to somehow get out to a lead, control the clock and make Dak uncomfortable. Zeke will get his, but we need to avoid the big play.

A turnover or two in our favor will go a long, long way to deciding the game too.

I'm still buzzing off of Sunday, looking forward to tomorrow, spending time with family, great food and meaningful football.

Things have and are changing around these parts and it's really, really fun!

Hoping for the best.

HTTR

Establish the run and pound the rock to keep their offense off the field. Their defense is weak up front and it will set up the play action pass for the league's best play action passer against a banged up secondary. Fat Rob and Thompson should combine for 30+ carries. Sprinkle some read option in too. 

I hate these guys so much let's keep this ball rolling. I want to see the Dan dance in Jerry's house. 

Archived