Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

5 minutes ago, twa said:

Long as they are not voting for segregation or such.

Remember ......how they vote.

I'd vote for Hillary if assured she would vote as I wish....and no better option :kickcan:

So, if a candidate was a literal Nazi but anti abortion you'd vote for them over a pro choice candidate if that was your only option? Someone better page Richard Spencer.

I will only vote for the people who vote the way I wish. Here's the process by which I determine how it is I wish them to vote.

1. Really rich people decide what's in their best interest and tell the GOP to make it happen.

2. The GOP crafts its policies based on that or on issues that they know they can use to influence a vulnerable population that is easily misled.

3. They tell me how I want them to vote and then I do want that.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

So, if a candidate was a literal Nazi but anti abortion you'd vote for them over a pro choice candidate if that was your only option? Someone better page Richard Spencer.

I'm not a single issue voter, but I certainly overlook flaws for the greater good.

Isn't that the thing ya'll have been pushing for ages? :ols:

1 hour ago, twa said:

But the murder is legal, so not murder.

Now if he made it illegal and then encouraged it there would be a serious problem.

I would look for a better option to vote for .....still better than someone that supports it for all.

OK.  So, on this day, twa:  

1)  Defended a anti-abortion politician who pressured people into having abortions, by arguing that abortion isn;t murder if it's lecal. 

2)  And argued that supporting banning abortion, but not for himself, is better than letting less important people have them.  

Just now, Larry said:

OK.  So, on this day, twa:  

1)  Defended a anti-abortion politician who pressured people into having abortions, by arguing that abortion isn;t murder if it's lecal. 

2)  And argued that supporting banning abortion, but not for himself, is better than letting less important people have them.  

On this day Larry pulled another post out of his ass and christened it. :ols:

Results do matter over idealism.

or as Predicto says....don't let the perfect.....:silly:

8 minutes ago, twa said:

I'm not a single issue voter, but I certainly overlook flaws for the greater good.

Isn't that the thing ya'll have been pushing for ages? :ols:

Back to square one. Certain flaws should be deal breakers. Like being a segregationist wouldn't fly with me.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Back to square one. Certain flaws should be deal breakers. Like being a segregationist wouldn't fly with me.

A private segregationist that keeps it to themselves is acceptable to me if they do as I wish.

I'm electing a representative, not a role model.

It is like musicians....I overlook most things for a great tune....since I'm there for the tunes.

Just now, Larry said:

I quoted your entire post.  And you said every single thing that I said you said.  

The quote is fine, the interpretation, spelling and such leave something to be desired though. ;)

18 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Putting the ticket together :)

So, will it be Biden/Kasich 2020 or Kasich/Biden 2020?

I think that question will be what dooms it.

Whoever is at the top has SCOTUS pick power, agency appointment power, etc. et.c.  Unless they can somehow overcome that hurdle, I don't think it could actually go anywhere and govern.  One would have to, by design, be subservient.

I suppose I could envision a sort of co-Presidency strategy, where the top of the ticket was Pres but all decisions were joint, but you can't really enforce something like that if it goes south.

21 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I think that question will be what dooms it.

Whoever is at the top has SCOTUS pick power, agency appointment power, etc. et.c.  Unless they can somehow overcome that hurdle, I don't think it could actually go anywhere and govern.  One would have to, by design, be subservient.

I suppose I could envision a sort of co-Presidency strategy, where the top of the ticket was Pres but all decisions were joint, but you can't really enforce something like that if it goes south.

All very good points. I was stuck on the subservience aspect, as you said. I was leaning toward Biden at the top. No matter, that ticket really would make for some dynamic discussion, realignments, and gridlocks...but we would have leadership and integrity in the White House.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/rep-tim-murphy-resigns-from-congress-after-allegedly-asking-woman-to-have-abortion/2017/10/05/7a68a414-aa08-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html?utm_term=.72333894c179

I'll give him credit for leaving when he got called out.  Too many dudes just sort of hang around, ride it out, get re-elected anyway, and must serve as a reminder to the rest of the country how you can be a terrible person and still get elected to Congress.

20 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/rep-tim-murphy-resigns-from-congress-after-allegedly-asking-woman-to-have-abortion/2017/10/05/7a68a414-aa08-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html?utm_term=.72333894c179

I'll give him credit for leaving when he got called out.  Too many dudes just sort of hang around, ride it out, get re-elected anyway, and must serve as a reminder to the rest of the country how you can be a terrible person and still get elected to Congress.

He gets zero credit. He was exposed as a scam artist. Taking money from people of certain beliefs he didn't share to help get elected. I don't feel bad the anti-choice crowd got shafted there. I'd still sue him for that money they "donated".  Also, he should resign immediately. Not in a few weeks when he's had time to arrange a softer landing for himself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

He gets zero credit. He was exposed as a scam artist. Taking money from people of certain beliefs he didn't share to help get elected. I don't feel bad the anti-choice crowd got shafted there. I'd still sue him for that money they "donated".  Also, he should resign immediately. Not in a few weeks when he's had time to arrange a softer landing for himself.

I agree with just about all of that, though I will say I'm glad we don't have another David Vitter on our hands.

That guy was a joke played on the Senate for a dang decade.

N.H. Representative Carol Shea-Porter unexpectedly announces she’ll retire

New Hampshire US Representative Carol Shea-Porter announced Friday she will not seek re-election in 2018, saying that “the time has come in my life to pause and decide on a different path.”

Over the course of the past decade, Shea-Porter, 64, has served four times in the House of Representatives, winning, then losing, then reclaiming her seat. Her decision is a political bombshell with national implications. At a time when Democrats are looking to win back a majority in the House, Shea-Porter is one of the few Democrats holding office in a district that Republican Donald Trump won last year.
New Hampshire’s First Congressional District, which includes Manchester and the state’s Seacoast and Lakes Region, is the most hotly contested in all of New England.
Edited by Gallen5862