Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

.. He's small though for the position....

The only reason he's not talked about much. He can run and cover though and in the games I watched he wasn't afraid to come up and hit. Even blitzed some.

He'll get a chance to shine Saturday, lets see if he sinks or becomes a 1st rounder.

How about Jake Replogle from Purdue ? I like him in the 4th-5th round area.

Just now, TheShredSkinz said:

The only reason he's not talked about much. He can run and cover though and in the games I watched he wasn't afraid to come up and hit. Even blitzed some.

He'll get a chance to shine Saturday, lets see if he sinks or becomes a 1st rounder.

To this point, looks like free safeties can be had in this draft in the first and 2nd.

I have no doubt we will be able to land a FS with pro bowl potential in the first 3 rounds. These safeties are GOOD. I love watching Evans from A&M, he has an infectious swagger. However, I see him more of a SS, so he probably won't end up with us seeing Su'a will be locking that down.

My only worry is a big safety run at the end of round 1-early round 2. It's really early, but I wouldn't hate moving back in round 1 to acquire more picks in mid rounds, and use that ammunition to move up if Scot wants his guy in round 2 or 3. Although this past draft hasn't had a huge impact this year, I still have the utmost confidence in Scot with the draft. I'm looking forward to seeing the haul he brings in

27 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

I love watching Evans from A&M, he has an infectious swagger. However, I see him more of a SS, so he probably won't end up with us seeing Su'a will be locking that down.

How do you see him as more of a SS?  He'll have a run fit where instead of going into the gap, he'll stop and wait 5-6 yards down the field and try and catch the RB.  Will Blackmon does that on our team and it's maddening.

22 hours ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

@UK SKINS FAN '74 I think both go in 2nd round, Dawkins a little higher than Feeney. I've seen a bit of Dawkins and not a whole lot on Feeney. Dawkins projects as a good RT at next level, but I can see him playing guard as well. He came to Temple as a DL so he has the versatility to play a few different positions along the Oline

Dawkins seems to have the measurables we look for. As does Taylor Moton.

Not sure how much Lauvao has left in the tank. I think we will go OL in within our first 3 or 4 picks. 

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

How do you see him as more of a SS?  He'll have a run fit where instead of going into the gap, he'll stop and wait 5-6 yards down the field and try and catch the RB.  Will Blackmon does that on our team and it's maddening.

Evans is absolutely a FS. Would be happy to draft him. "Ideally" we draft a FS high and sign an elite FS. Base package has Cravens and FA as starters. Pass downs, Cravens moves to the box and rookie comes in for our 3 safety set.

SP4L, I've seen the off-field issues and it's up to Scot to determine his character. Maybe other teams will knock him for it that'll let him fall. I highly doubt it. I saw someone compare him to playing like Ziggy Ansah at the next level. I can see it, obviously that'd be a huge get wherever we draft in the 20's

A couple guys I'm watching today:

Gerald Everett - Impressive TE from what I've seen. If we want two Jordan Reed's on the field he'll have to be selected in the 3rd.

Taco Charlton- Probably will be a first round pick, and has the frame to pack on some weight and be a 5-tech menace. Athletic enough to rush the passer out of a base 4-3. I like him a lot

2 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Taco Charlton- Probably will be a first round pick, and has the frame to pack on some weight and be a 5-tech menace. Athletic enough to rush the passer out of a base 4-3. I like him a lot

Curious to know what you make of Charlton. Was someone that stood out to me as a fit in the range we'd potentially be picking.

@UK SKINS FAN '74 I think where we pick we'll be able to find better. I have Taco in the 28-35 range, he is uber talented and has freak athleticism, but he's a bit of a tweener for a 3-4. He's listed as 6-6 275 but I think he's closer to 260,imo. We do run a lot of nickel, so I can justify the pick with that, but he won't be an effective 5-tech until he puts on some weight. He absolutely has the frame to do it. I think he's a guy who won't wow people his rookie year, but will develop into a key piece on a defense around his 3rd or 4th year. 

25 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

A couple guys I'm watching today:

Gerald Everett - Impressive TE from what I've seen. If we want two Jordan Reed's on the field he'll have to be selected in the 3rd.

I've liked Taco just think we got three of him already. We need a mini Taco, a chulupa , and some burritos

If we want an edge guy,(like corner) we'll have plenty to choose from. Only Barnett, and Williams(flagged) right now seem to be proper value for pick 18-20ish.

I hope that Scot doesn't care about perceived value because IMO getting one of Foster,Cunny,and Davis is crucial to our success in this draft if we don't upgrade in FA.

Archived