Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Milwaukee police in standoff with crowd after fatal shooting

visionary

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this an armed man, evading the police, after committing a crime?

Shot by a Black Cop...."lengthy criminal record."

The fact he was armed wasn't in the Headline (like when they are unarmed right CNN?)

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe I don't have the whole story, or I've been told the wrong story, but isn't this the wrong police killing to hitch your wagon to?

I work not to far from where this is happening, and live to the south of Milwaukee. Don't fully understand the events myself. When my kids asked my why this is happening, I have given them some of the articles that Visionary has posted, that Larry has pointed out. It's the best I can come up with at the moment.

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe I don't have the whole story, or I've been told the wrong story, but isn't this the wrong police killing to hitch your wagon to?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this an armed man, evading the police, after committing a crime?

Can you think of one time ever when the police came out and said "the victim was unarmed and we totally screwed up."  There's no real reason to believe anything the police force says in the immediate aftermath of incidents like these. Alternatively, you could chose to live in a chosen reality where every PD presser is gospel and major news orgs are part of a huge global plot to undermine Donald Trumps campaign...see you at InfoWars!

White Reporter Pulls Out Of Milwaukee Because Of Racial Threats [VIDEO]

But Pool, who said he has some Korean heritage but is usually perceived as white, said he decided to leave Wisconsin’s largest city after he saw an 18-year-old white man just after he had been shot in the neck.

“There’s enough people that are screaming things about white people and reporters being attacked…that I think that for those that are perceivably white it is not safe to be here,” said Pool.

“I feel like it’s not safe or smart to be here.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/15/white-reporter-pulls-out-of-milwaukee-because-of-racial-threats-video/

Again if we don't deal with the whole truth, nothing will change

And the Liberal (Mainstream) Media covering things up just kicks the can

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Can you think of one time ever when the police came out and said "the victim was unarmed and we totally screwed up."  ...........Alternatively, you could chose to live in a chosen reality

Los Angeles Police Admitted They Killed an Unarmed, Innocent Man

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/08/10/la_police_admitted_they_killed_an_innocent_man.html

Six days ago Bud

Ill choose the reality that doesn't equate a Clean Cop on the Beat with a Known Criminal

However I could be wrong selectively......like you seem to be daily

7 minutes ago, IHOPSkins said:

Los Angeles Police Admitted They Killed an Unarmed, Innocent Man

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/08/10/la_police_admitted_they_killed_an_innocent_man.html

Six days ago Bud

Ill choose the reality that doesn't equate a Clean Cop on the Beat with a Known Criminal

However I could be wrong selectively......like you seem to be daily

Interesting how you removed "immediate aftermath" from my quote.  I thought you were all about integrity?  Anyway, giving a presser two weeks after the murder, when everybody knows you murdered an unarmed guy, to say "yeah, he was unarmed...sorry" doesn't really apply here.  

So, I have to ask...are you for real or are you committing to some elaborate troll job.  BTW, did you know Hillary Clinton once defended a child molester?

32 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Can you think of one time ever when the police came out and said "the victim was unarmed and we totally screwed up."  There's no real reason to believe anything the police force says in the immediate aftermath of incidents like these. Alternatively, you could chose to live in a chosen reality where every PD presser is gospel and major news orgs are part of a huge global plot to undermine Donald Trumps campaign...see you at InfoWars!

I mean, it's pretty cynical to discredit anything a PD says following an incident like this.  At the end of the day, these are men and women who perform an increasingly thankless and dangerous job.  I still believe that the vast majority of these officers perform their job professionally and I don't think that they would willing put false information out there so that they don't look bad.

I am thinking that with all the questionable incidents involving police force and/or killings going on, what ends up happening is the justified situations are tossed in with the other ones.  There ends up being a general mistrust of police due to everything that is taking place.

For example, if you don't live in these communities and your general experience with law enforcement has been pleasant then you probably have no reason to mistrust or second guess a police press conference.  However, if you do see daily incidents of excessive force, abuse of power, etc etc....then when an incident comes along where the police actually were justified, I think there is still going to be that initial rebuke or skepticism that they are telling the truth about how everything went down.  There are plenty of examples and precedent out there of police embellishing, exaggerating, and/or straight up making up things in order to make themselves look in the right.  The collateral damage of this is building up an overall mistrust with the community so when the time comes where you actually are in a life or death situation people aren't going to buy it.

The Cop who cried Thug.

1 hour ago, grego said:

More of a general statement about what media chooses to put out. 

Outrage sells.

And yet, they chose to broadcast the call for peace, chose not to broadcast the call for violence, and are being criticized for it. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I don't think that FLEEING the police justifies shooting somebody. 

But it I agree with you. We've certainly seen a lot of things that are a whole lot more deserving of outrage. (Or which make for better political tools. Depending on which you're looking for). 

1 hour ago, IHOPSkins said:

Fixed it for you Larry

First, Does CNN even mention "Race Riot"?....or is it just a Protest?

2nd, Doesn't it just Postpone the issue?......we need to deal with the whole truth....not just the selective item CNN WANTS you to see

3rd, I find it hard to defend Manipulation whenever it happens, and CNN saying it "aint so bad" smacks of Pre-election CLINTON support

CNN...... Doing the work the DNC can't

You didn't "fix it for me". You fixed it for YOU. 

You wanted to use this event to attack CNN. 

I pointed out that you're attacking them for doing something that MIGHT actually be the responsible thing to do. 

And you couldn't dispute that. So you invented what you'd rather hear. AND then pointed out that the reason for your outrage is because you think it will help your political party. (Really?  Your crusade is because you think you can use it against Clinton?)

3 hours ago, Larry said:

I'm maybe (probably?) misinterpreting your point.  Are you seriously trying to say that a TV network choosing not to air someone advising rioters as to where they really ought to be rioting is an attempt to cause a race riot? 

They didn't choose not to air it.  That's what they did the night before with videos showing racial violence and possible hate crimes.  What CNN did this time is misconstrue what a person said entirely.  A person directed a crowd to turn their rage elsewhere and they reported it falsely as a general condemnation of violence.  

CNN shouldn't be sanitizing the news.  

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I mean, it's pretty cynical to discredit anything a PD says following an incident like this.  At the end of the day, these are men and women who perform an increasingly thankless and dangerous job.  I still believe that the vast majority of these officers perform their job professionally and I don't think that they would willing put false information out there so that they don't look bad.

I whole-heartedly agree with this entire post.  I'm not advocating "discrediting" the PD.  I'm advocating skepticism of PD info in the immediate aftermath.  Not because of any bias I might hold, but because of plain historical fact.  Remember, this entire movement, this entire conflict is the result of one thing...the cheap and common availability of mobile video recorders/iPhones.  We have multiple recent instances of incontrovertible video evidence that completely/partially refutes the official story.  The days of the PD capping guys in the back or crushing tracheas in broad daylight and washing it clean with a falsified police report are coming to an end....and it's a very difficult transition for some of us.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

You're dealing with a group that still claims Micheal Brown was shot unjustly. 

What do you expect? 

20 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I whole-heartedly agree with this entire post.  I'm not advocating "discrediting" the PD.  I'm advocating skepticism of PD info in the immediate aftermath.  Not because of any bias I might hold, but because of plain historical fact.  Remember, this entire movement, this entire conflict is the result of one thing...the cheap and common availability of mobile video recorders/iPhones.  We have multiple recent instances of incontrovertible video evidence that completely/partially refutes the official story.  The days of the PD capping guys in the back or crushing tracheas in broad daylight and washing it clean with a falsified police report are coming to an end....and it's a very difficult transition for some of us.

Indeed.  I don't see any fault in this.

One thing that I would like to mention is that often times cell phone footage gives little context and I think people often forget that.

28 minutes ago, grego said:

What do you expect? 

To me this is a problem.  A segment of our society holds this viewpoint.  Correct or incorrect, they feel as if they're being murdered for no good reason by the people hired to protect them.

We can't exist when a large amount of people treat law enforcement with disdain and disrespect.  Where a large number of people think they can break the law without consequence.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

To me this is a problem.  A segment of our society holds this viewpoint.  Correct or incorrect, they feel as if they're being murdered for no good reason by the people hired to protect them.

We can't exist when a large amount of people treat law enforcement with disdain and disrespect.  Where a large number of people think they can break the law without consequence.

Or where they feel that it doesn't matter whether they break the law or not, that they'll be targeted in either case.  

I've seen some people say this lately, using it as justification to, "fight back" since they or people they know are going to be shot anyway.

6 hours ago, grego said:

Facts have little use at this point.   Every police shooting is another excuse to pop off regardless of the circumstances.  A shooting happens, the media reacts accordingly, the mob reacts accordingly, gas stations burn and cars blow up.  

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

5 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Facts have little use at this point.   Every police shooting is another excuse to pop off regardless of the circumstances.  A shooting happens, the media reacts accordingly, the mob reacts accordingly, gas stations burn and cars blow up.  

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

Yeah.  Every police shooting is followed by "gas stations burn and cars blow up". 

Because "facts have little use at this point". 

48 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

Dude, there's been 591 fatal police shootings this year.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/

The media has picked up on maybe 10 of them?  And essentially all of those received coverage after the fact due to one of two circumstances.  Folks marched and/or damning cellphone video.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have heard about any of them...not a single damn one.  Your viewpoint is so detached from reality, it's almost impossible to conceive.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Dude, there's been 591 fatal police shootings this year.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/

The media has picked up on maybe 10 of them?  And essentially all of those received coverage after the fact due to one of two circumstances.  Folks marched and/or damning cellphone video.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have heard about any of them...not a single damn one.  Your viewpoint is so detached from reality, it's almost impossible to conceive.

Yet many of those cellphone videos are not damning at all, but the reaction is.

As for your last statement, Painkiller could say the same thing for you.

11 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Yet many of those cellphone videos are not damning at all, but the reaction is.

As for your last statement, Painkiller could say the same thing for you.

Im not following.  Painkiller said "Every police shooting is an excuse to pop off...".  I clearly demonstrated that was false.  So false, in fact, that THE ONLY police shootings we hear about are the ones that provoke response or produce compelling/viral/damning video.  IOW, blaming the media is laughable. 

So, what exactly are you trying to say?  And how am I detached from reality when I assert that most police killings receive almost no media coverage at all?  And, since you're an expert on it, if the coverage of "the reaction" is damning, should I blame the media? 

Archived