Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Milwaukee police in standoff with crowd after fatal shooting

visionary

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.  But, if you're able, would you care to explain why the video is hash tagged "#BlackLivesMatter"?  It's just a random mish-mash of barely visible cell phone footage with one camera guy shouting about "white people".  And how exactly does it play into any liberal media?

I'm not defending his Hash Tagged BLM

I'm taking YOU to task for bagging on "Fox Narrative".....like its a non-issue

If you don't want to deal with the HATE on BOTH sides of this issue.....you aint going to solve anything

And just because FOX covers something that CNN refuses to....doesn't make it any less truthful....and could make CNN the propaganda outlet for NOT covering something

3 minutes ago, IHOPSkins said:

If you don't want to deal with the HATE on BOTH sides of this issue.....you aint going to solve anything

And just because FOX covers something that CNN refuses to....doesn't make it any less truthful....and could make CNN the propaganda outlet for NOT covering something

I still don't know what you're talking about.  I calmly recommended that we should wait until more details come in before we start sniping at each other.  You posted a heavily edited phone vid compilation from PRISON PLANET.  At no point in this thread has anyone mentioned Fox or CNN except you.  You're not making a bit of sense and you're borderline irrational.  If you don't want to get called out for linking to PP or InfoWars...don't link to it.  Simple as that.

17 minutes ago, IHOPSkins said:

I think people are too quick today (can't necessarily blame them, still) to dismiss any information that comes from an 'enemy' source. 

A few weeks ago, when looking into black lives matter, there was information that I only found on right wing websites that I otherwise have little in common with. Yet, it wasn't 'false'. 

Not unlike criticism of bad ideas within religious ideology - people on the left are being labeled racists and bigots for pointing out actual bigotry. 

There is either far left or far right. No middle. 

Selective reporting on a click driven world. 

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I still don't know what you're talking about.  I calmly recommended that we should wait until more details come in before we start sniping at each other.  You posted a heavily edited phone vid compilation from PRISON PLANET.  At no point in this thread has anyone mentioned Fox or CNN except you.  You're not making a bit of sense and you're borderline irrational.  If you don't want to get called out for linking to PP or InfoWars...don't link to it.  Simple as that.

Another poster belittled Fox for coverage

I replied

You belittled the Prison Planet post I made

Here is where I will explain a little more....I also posted an item from Heavy.com at the same time (which you apparently ignored). It appears that Heavy.com is a balanced (fair?) posting as it deals with the larger social justice issue. I posted BOTH knowing some will be critical of the source. I try to include a LIBERAL or NEUTRAL site when I post as SO many times the opposing side will denounce the SOURCE (as if this ALWAYS devalues the Argument). I post multiple sources to beef up the event as having occurred.

That you were selective in denouncing "INFO WARS" but NOT the truth of the fact (as represented in the other link) led me to believe you supported the original poster who talked about the Fox issue.

Ill direct you to the post I originally quoted (not in full) that mentioned FOX as a clear example of Your misunderstanding

5 minutes ago, IHOPSkins said:

Another poster belittled Fox for coverage

I replied

You belittled the Prison Planet post I made

Here is where I will explain a little more....I also posted an item from Heavy.com at the same time (which you apparently ignored). It appears that Heavy.com is a balanced (fair?) posting as it deals with the larger social justice issue. I posted BOTH knowing some will be critical of the source. I try an include a LIBERAL or NEUTRAL site when I post as SO many times the opposing side will denounce the SOURCE (as if this ALWAYS devalues the Argument). I post multiple source to beef up the event as having occurred.

That you were selective in denouncing "INFO WARS" but NOT the truth of the fact (as represented in the other link) led me to believe you supported the original poster who talked about the Fox issue.

Ill direct you to the post I originally quoted (not in full) that mentioned FOX as a clear example of Your misunderstanding

Fair enough, I missed Riggo lamenting the fact that the mob response feeds the Fox News crew.  And I'm well aware that Heavy is a site that collects media from other sources.  What is "the truth of the fact" that the Prison Planet Twitter vid purports to show?

7 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

That's odd, normally you're one of the first ones to rush to judgement when the situations are reversed. 

Really?  Care to back that up?

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

.....  What is "the truth of the fact" that the Prison Planet Twitter vid purports to show?

The Black on White hate and racism, that might be covered by lesser outlets.....and since not an ANNOINTED source... will be disregarded.

When the left said that the "Tea Party" spit...it was taken as fact by the liberal media...and used in the anti-tea party narrative

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/20/AR2010032002556.html

But when "Protestors" who might be motivated by the BLM movement... use Racist language/actions...its defended by the media (Not the BLM!), or not covered.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/us/milwaukee-violence-police-shooting/index.html

Notice the LACK of detail concerning Black on White racist actions.

But there is THIS quote that provides absolution for the protestors......

"What happened tonight may not have been right and I am not justifying that but no one can deny the fact that there are problems, racial problems in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, that need to be rectified," Rainey said. "This community of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has become the worst place to live for African Americans in the entire country."

The reader is left to create their own facts on the "Powder Keg" and the Reaction afterwards

Again this is in reaction to the Mocking of the "Fox Narrative" and should not be construed as saying there was no Social justice issues before the shooting.

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

IHOPSkins out here fighting for the real victims...

At least you read the post this time...instead of making stuff up

Of course that doesn't stop a jab that doesn't further the topic.

Insults work easier for you than the truth hugh?

13 minutes ago, IHOPSkins said:

At least you read the post this time...instead of making stuff up

Of course that doesn't stop a jab that doesn't further the topic.

Insults work easier for you than the truth hugh?

Congrats on making a post that doesn't portray you as a victim of the media.  It's a small step forward, but it's progress nonetheless.

And thanks for keeping us in the loop at Prison Planet, Hugh!

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

IHOPSkins out here fighting for the real victims...The Tea Party!

it would be sad if it weren't so hilarious.

Direct question:  Are videos that seem to show hate crimes and racially motivated violence from the riots in Milwaukee last night newsworthy? 

I've seen the videos and I don't follow prison planet (because Alex Jones is insane).  It's all over twitter, facebook, and the internet in general.  It's here in this thread.  Drudge is making sure you can't miss it, naturally.  I haven't, however, seen it on CNN or any of the many mainstream media articles I've read.  The omission in coverage is hard to miss and I'd like to know why that is.  I'm hoping the answer is that the footage could not be verified, though that would still fall short of explaining why it didn't receive any mention at all. 

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Direct question:  Are videos that seem to show hate crimes and racially motivated violence from the riots in Milwaukee last night newsworthy? 

I've seen the videos and I don't follow prison planet (because Alex Jones is insane).  It's all over twitter, facebook, and the internet in general.  It's here in this thread.  Drudge is making sure you can't miss it, naturally.  I haven't, however, seen it on CNN or any of the many mainstream media articles I've read.  The disparity in coverage is hard to miss.  

I only watched the link that IHOP posted.  I didn't find it newsworthy and it wasn't meant to be newsworthy.  It was meant to be incendiary...hence the BLM hashtag.

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It was meant to be incendiary...hence the BLM hashtag.

It could definitely be used in that way. But I think many underestimate the extent to which these types of things are used by the media - what gets pushed and what doesn't - by both sides. 

First example, if we do the math on police shootings, why do we only see some of them? We know there are more - we can find them if we look. 

3 hours ago, Destino said:

I'm hoping the answer is that the footage could not be verified

That would be a cop out. The major cable news stations, CNN in particular, lost any integrity when it came to verifying information (especially footage) a long time ago.

I think one issue we have to be careful about too when taking in all the information found on the internet is when every random video of angry black folks is being hash tagged with #BLM regardless of whether they have any actual association with BLM.  Folks getting angry about police force justified or not has been going on for a long time.  Large gatherings forming quick, rushing to judgement, etc etc has nothing to do with BLM really, but you can see how some of these "news" sources will take the opportunity every single time to discredit an actual organization looking for a solution by saying "Hey everyone, look at THIS"

Archived