Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Former Saints DE Will Smith Shot and Killed

CRobi21

This is the other side of the story from the perspective of Will Smith's attorney and witnesses.  This is truly getting very strange.  I'm sorry, but the defense's claim that Cardell was not the aggressor....well, he certainly DID become a heinous, cold blooded, ruthless killer, and ultimate aggressor at some point in these events.  If he truly stood over Will's dead body cowering and yelling, well just wow.  

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/04/will_smith_death_family_attorn.html

gotta love defense attorneys lol.

a man gets nudged on his rear bumper, chases the other car, smashes it, ignores a pleading woman, SHOOTS the woman, then shoots a man 8 TIMES in the back.....and this guy calls it "justifiable homicide"

I have no words

Based on what I've read so far and entirely subject o change:

This case seems like it's going to come down to who pulled a gun first in anger. If Smith did, getting shot in the back doesnt absolve him. An angry guy with a gun that's threatened a person doesn't automatically cease to be a threat if he turns around to look at something, that's just not how things work. If Smith was going for his gun in response to the killer pulling his or threatening his life, then he was murdered. If Smith was shot simply while speaking with his wife, again he was murdered.

I say that last one because we've not heard evidence that Smith had the gun on him. But friends can move evidence after the fact as well so where it was found doesn't mean that is where it was all along. Remember Aaron Hernandez's gun vanished because cops believe his girlfriend disposed of it, it's not beyond people to involve themselves in this way.

Impartial witnesses will be important. Smiths wife and the killers friend are defending their people. I'm interested to know if anyone walking around saw what happened or if any video exists. The police charged 2nd degree murder quick implying they felt hey had a strong case, but the timing of reports of a second gun being found seems to imply they'd made up their mind on charges before they found it.

This one certainly isn't boring.

My gut tells me Smith was angry when he stepped out of the car and pro ball players aren't known for their angelic personalities and non threatening natures. Being drunk would explain why he didn't stop after the initial accident and is more believable than "we didn't notice we hit anyone." (On a side not, the only time I've ever seen a person hit another car and fail to notice, they were absolutely hammered) I don't think he pulled a gun, I think he was guilty of being a jerk and was talking to his wife when the other guy opened fire and hit them both. He may have mentioned he had a gun.

So I think he murdered them. We'll see if my gut is right or if it's just them tacos I ate earlier.

• 1 month later...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15878625/will-smith-blood-alcohol-content-nearly-three-s-legal-limit-was-fatally-shot

NEW ORLEANS -- Former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith's blood alcohol content was nearly three times the legal limit on the night he was shot and killed, a source confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

Smith's BAC was 0.235 according to the source, as first reported by NOLA.com. The legal limit in Louisiana is 0.08.

The assumption he was drunk proved true. I said before this would explain the hit and run portion of what took place. Now they just need to figure out everything else that happened, because someone being drunk isn't a reason to shoot them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15878625/will-smith-blood-alcohol-content-nearly-three-s-legal-limit-was-fatally-shot

The assumption he was drunk proved true. I said before this would explain the hit and run portion of what took place. Now they just need to figure out everything else that happened, because someone being drunk isn't a reason to shoot them.

Wow.  I bet it takes a lot of alcohol to get a guy of his size and metabolism to that BAC. 

Archived