Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 ES GMs mock draft - and we're spent.

Epochalypse

I would like to point out that move did show I would have turned the keys over to Cousins, and we all see how that turned out.

Imagine our offense last year, and a defense with a Dline that had both Watt and Aaron Donald who I also traded for.

I was building a juggernaut.  A juggernaut I tell you!

Alas, it was not to be and I will not allow myself that power this year.  Although I did submit those moves to the Redskins FO in case they were interested in copying my moves.

Never heard back unfortunately...

Man, like you wouldn't believe .....

..... I was beginning to regret this my first day here when I out ran this Zenner kid on the practice field!

Hail.

I went back and looked at the dallas draft last year. Yeah lol.

And if you outran zenner you also outran your first rounder...

I would like to point out that move did show I would have turned the keys over to Cousins, and we all see how that turned out.

Imagine our offense last year, and a defense with a Dline that had both Watt and Aaron Donald who I also traded for.

I was building a juggernaut. A juggernaut I tell you!

Alas, it was not to be and I will not allow myself that power this year. Although I did submit those moves to the Redskins FO in case they were interested in copying my moves.

Never heard back unfortunately...

Lol! Ironically, I had forgotten this was an actual proposed trade from last year...

Thanks, I'm gonna need it... Feel like with 74M of bucks to spend, my actual roster will look totally different when we'll start.

Expecting Alex Mack, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Eric Weddle, Janoris Jenkins all signed by tomorrow 5 pm.

And George Iloka by 6 pm.

The Rams big board went from heavy emphasis on offensive retooling to heavy emphasis on secondary starters after god damn "Rodney McLeod to the Eagles" (unexpected loss of a GREAT safety) and "Janoris Jenkins to the Giants" (which was expected).  

Ugh.

Rams front office better make moves.... I need dat stopgap QB. I need some Fitzmagic or RG3 for a year. I need an excuse not to spend a draft pick on a QB this year....

McLeod was one of the few players I HOPED the Rams would spend money on to keep.

Your secondary is ****ed up?

Wanna trade up in the draft maybe? I hold a pretty #5th pick that will give you access to some great guy, really. Maybe even the best player in this draft, as obviously picks 1, 2, 3 and 4 will be messed up anyway.

That'w hy I don't have a board ready by now. I'm just getting to know prospect, stuff like that... In a week or two, it'll be time to settle for a strategy and a board.

Really? I thought by the state your draft last year you just stuck a pin in to a group of names and hoped for the best .....

Hail.

Alright so based on one website I saw, the owners' meeting this year is going to be 20-23 Mar.  I would expect that the comp picks will be finalized during that time so I am looking at starting our mock likely on the 26th.  If we don't hear about comp picks by then we'll adjust accordingly but I can't imagine that not being the case.

The first 5 picks are:

Titans - TheShredSkinz

Browns - NIKKI8

Chargers - Baughlin'

Cowboys - daveakl

Jaguars - Wildbunny

I'd like to hear back from at least those folks to see if they are readily available and at what time on the 26th to get a good start to this year's mock draft.  As I did last year, I will update the OP with the full draft order, as well as keep track of picks and trades in the OP.  Also as I did last year, I plan to create a thread in the mock draft forum that will mirror the OP, but as last year, DO NOT POST in that thread.  It is purely for a quick one stop look if you are like me and your phone only goes to the last post when you open a thread.  It also serves as an easy placeholder for when the mock draft is finished for the mods to move the thread from the Stadium to the mock draft forum (should they be so inclined).

Hopefully y'all have been tracking the free agency moves, trades (Eagles and Dolphins particularly), league moves (Chiefs got Mara'd) etc.  This will go best if you all come informed and check the site at least daily, especially if you are in the next few picks.  As a reminder I send out PMs when your pick is up or you are on deck to help facilitate.  Stay sharp, folks, the day is almost upon us.

Best period for me is the evening, which is something like 1pm eastern and beyond. Otherwise, I still have a good idea what will be available at 5, so I'll just hands off the pick if needed, but I'd prefer to do it myself.

Hopefully y'all have been tracking the free agency moves, trades (Eagles and Dolphins particularly), league moves (Chiefs got Mara'd) etc.  This will go best if you all come informed and check the site at least daily, especially if you are in the next few picks.  As a reminder I send out PMs when your pick is up or you are on deck to help facilitate.  Stay sharp, folks, the day is almost upon us.

Yeah make sure to check your mails, make sure you'd got notification on your phone and stuff like that to be aware of where we're at. Epoch sends mails regularly, as well as others to keep everyone in touch.

Archived