Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Two U.S. Navy boats in Iranian custody but crew will be returned ‘promptly’

JMS

What a cluster funk

That the US Navy would have gunboats operating in Iranian waters that would display that kind of judgement in a pressure situation is just embarrassing.

The Lieutenant is being disciplined and rightfully so but this nods to go farther, much farther, up the chain. What a joke

What a cluster funk

That the US Navy would have gunboats operating in Iranian waters that would display that kind of judgement in a pressure situation is just embarrassing.

The Lieutenant is being disciplined and rightfully so but this nods to go farther, much farther, up the chain. What a joke

Well they weren't operating in Iranian waters. They were in international waters and drifted into waters that were grey area for who they belonged to. My big concern was the Sailors not following the code of conduct.

Edit: also, as a Navy Chief I am bothered by no one addressing the guy wearing white socks in uniform.

Well they weren't operating in Iranian waters. They were in international waters and drifted into waters that were grey area for who they belonged to. My big concern was the Sailors not following the code of conduct.

Edit: also, as a Navy Chief I am bothered by no one addressing the guy wearing white socks in uniform.

great so you are good with gunboat crews operating within a few miles of Iranian commandos with no contingency plans.

Just, the boat broke down so it's not their fault they surrendered

It is a failure of leadership period.

And further apparently the officer in charge didn't know the legalities of the water he was in

That's just a well oiled machine right there. I wonder if they had toy guns too

Well I think it could have been planned better but they were transiting in international waters. And their failure to even attempt to take a defensive posture is also a failure. Lots of failures all around. But in my opinion not following the code of conduct was the worst. It would be wrong of me to say this shows we have gotten too soft. So I won't say that but.......

Well I think it could have been planned better but they were transiting in international waters. And their failure to even attempt to take a defensive posture is also a failure. Lots of failures all around. But in my opinion not following the code of conduct was the worst. It would be wrong of me to say this shows we have gotten too soft. So I won't say that but.......

It started way back when we elected Taft. ****ing ****.

Archived