Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

Saw this article. It's important to know that Mexican men (and families) were invited under a government program to save U.S.agriculture during and after WWII. The Bracero Program.

https://americanhistory.si.edu/bracero/introduction

1 minute ago, twa said:

Looking forward to those defending not deporting those already ordered deported.

Looking forward to the propaganda regarding more mistreatment of born human beings by the Republicans.

56 minutes ago, Burgold said:

How did we get here? How did this rationalization become palatable to the right?

I think it's a spin-off of the "well, stress p

I think it's a spin-off of the "Stress positions aren't the worst form of torture ever created, therefore they are perfectly acceptable ways of treating prisoners" "reasoning".  

As long as our concentration camps kill three million people or less, no one is allowed to point out all of the other similarities.  And anyone who complains that we are becoming a totalitarian state should be rounded up.  

- - - - - 

Now, having said that?  I'm pretty sure that accused illegal immigrants get trials.  I think the "without trial" part of the analogy is at least a distortion.