Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Burgold's Book Tour: Going back to Mars Con (Williamsburg, VA) on Jan 13

Burgold

And remember, if you don't buy my book you are probably a Philly fan ;)

Well, if you would have it translated in french, I would probably buy it. Not that I wouldn't be able to read english books, but I'm just too lazy to do it :P (Well, that would help my english level I know). That should be doable, you already had it translated for R2D2.

Congratulations anyhow on going all the way through it.

I used to write some years ago, but never went to the end of it. I like Heroic Fantasy style, and had what I thought was a nice story, that look way too complicated in the end. And I haven't found the will to go back to it and rewrite it as a whole.

Still, seeing you making through it might light a small fire in me. Having kids makes me feel like I want to tell them stories. Stories that makes them dream.

Congratulations once again Burg!

Thanks, Wildbunny. You should actually write it in order to write the French translation! You'd be far more effective than Google translate I suspect ;) On an entirely different note, if you bought a copy my book would be an international seller! How cool would that be?

I do think you should write. If there's a story bubbling up in you have at it. The world needs our voices. If you do play with something feel free to PM me a draft and I'll lend you an eye.

In the meantiime, here's a review of my book on Baynet. I was pretty pleased with it :)

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1115/book-review-a-tasty-halo.html

This review on Amazon touched me. I wanted to share it. (Heck, most of them have because I'm a sap, but this one surprised me)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A22PGDPFWF9UAH/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp?ie=UTF8

ByTheory Jameson November 22, 2015
I am stunned and I mean that. This is my first Andrew Hiller read and I have to comment on his talent first. This guy has a way with words. It's a smart and unique story that is only matched by Hillers, poetic story-telling ability. There is this tone to the work and lures you in right from the Prologue, where he is merely speaking of a cat… yes, a cat that sucked me right in. Don’t laugh, you will see just what I am talking about. I know this is a fantasy, but I am telling you right now, the writing skill is such that it allows anyone who appreciates an imaginative and out of the box creative visionary to be entertained if not entirely impressed with exceptional writing.

A Halo of Mushrooms has three main characters off of which are well-developed, distinct, and relatable. My favorite being Laura because there is an ease about her, a realness. There are tons of twists and turns and moments where you think you know where it’s going only to be wrong… which I think is great! The ending is thoughtful, it digs its way in and settles within to live far beyond the last page. Becoming, at least a little bit, a part of the reader. It left me satisfied yet somehow wanting more of this fascinating story. Though I was given a ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, I am now a fan and will be purchasing whatever is next!

Amazon is having a 30% discount on books right now. It's a great opportunity to buy a book at a slight discount. Just use the promocode HOLIDAY30.

It works on books other than Halo of Mushrooms, but if you were thinking about buying the book... it's a nice way to do so at a little cheaper price.

Not my cup of tea so I probably won't purchase, but I did want to stick my head in here and offer you a heartfelt congratulations. Following you over the years, I know you're unrelenting in your work ethic and following your dreams and I have a ton of respect for that. I hope that you'll get your due on this book and keep kicking ass.

Be proud, Burg. 

Congratulations!

Thanks, Wildbunny. You should actually write it in order to write the French translation! You'd be far more effective than Google translate I suspect ;) On an entirely different note, if you bought a copy my book would be an international seller! How cool would that be?

I do think you should write. If there's a story bubbling up in you have at it. The world needs our voices. If you do play with something feel free to PM me a draft and I'll lend you an eye.

First and foremost, I hope your sale are on the rise.

Then, the more I think of it, the idea of buying it and translating it might be fun to do. It'll probably take some time, but it would be worth it I guess. I need to perfect my english anyway.

Once again, congratulations, and hope it will go as you foresaw it.

KDawg, it might not be your type of reading, but I'm pretty sure it may be someone's kind of you know, or your kids if you have some :)

It's Xmas time soon, it should be a good present I think :)

With tongue and cheek I remind readers of ES... that if you haven't bought my book chances are you are rooting for Dallas this Monday. So far, in its three weeks out... on good sales weeks we have won and on the bad one we lost.

Coincidence? I think not!

O:)

My first ES Amazon review? Thanks!

ByKindle Customeron December 3, 2015
A very enjoyable novel, well worth reading. I would recommend this book to fantasy enthusiast who would like something a bit different

I'm not sure if it's from here because it's verified and anonymous (what a strange combo)

Right now, I have it available only at Amazon. I could make it available at brick and mortars, but chances are you'd still have to go to the brick and mortar and order it. I doubt they would shelve it at this point. Competition is pretty fierce and dominated by major publishers. Small imprints often find themselves on the outs.

Are there many who would want the book available at Barnes and Nobles, Books a Million or elsewhere? 

Shelf space costs money.  You can order from any brick and mortar and pick it up.

Burg seriously research schools.  I gave one copy to our librarian.  I will hear about it next week.  That will blow this thing up.  School Systems follow suit and word spreads like wildfire.  Hey, I am a teacher and both my Aunt (ret) and Cousin were / are librarians.  This is how you get famous.

Hell, send it to NBC Today Show for a review and interview....  think big... think huge mate.

Send it to the ELLEN Show and write your own personal story...

Archived