Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GIF Breakdown: Bashaud Breeland vs Jets

thehbrwhammer

Here is my GIF Breakdown on Bashaud Breeland versus the Jets!

Even though, the Redskins lost to the Jets last Sunday in Metlife Stadium, Bashaud Breeland kept the Redskins in the game for the first half by making spectacular plays for the first half. Breeland totaled 4 tackles (3 solo) along with an interception, two pass deflections, a forced fumble, and two fumble recoveries on the day.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Love the intensity he plays with, great instinct, great adjustment speed. Definitely has sky high potential...

Even the 2 TDs, he was in great position and good position for both against top level WR talent. Secondary has potential, still bothers me Mitchell was heisted from us. The 'what if' is something I'm curious to find out about. 

The strip on Marshall was a beautiful play. Breeland simply imposed his will on him & ripped right out of his hands.

Agree with the article that the Ivory run was more on the Safety taking a really bad angle.

It's fun to watch a draft pick mature in front of you into a straight up baller.

The strip on Marshall was a beautiful play. Breeland simply imposed his will on him & ripped right out of his hands.

Agree with the article that the Ivory run was more on the Safety taking a really bad angle.

It's fun to watch a draft pick mature in front of you into a straight up baller.

The run GIF, to me at least, shows two wrong fits by the defense. One is the 5-tech, I think in this instance it's Hatcher. He appears to hold up his man instead of play his gap responsibility and read the play. He chooses wrong and gets in the same gap as Perry.

The other is Breeland. In my estimation, he has outside gap responsibility and should be forcing things back in towards his posse. When the TE comes back to the weak side, he is essentially creating an extra gap by inserting himself between tackle and guard. The safety is in good position to the outside of 81, while keenan is in good position to the inside. The DE over there has outside responsibility and is doing an adequate job. Hatcher and Breeland appear to be the issue.

If I knew anything about inserting pictures I would do it. I have the gif perfectly stopped, took a screen shot, added arros, and now am sitting here wondering how to upload it. Anyone any clues?

Edit: thanks TK!

How it should work:

http://s882.photobucket.com/user/rsim123456789/media/skins%201_zpswtnefdtv.png.html?sort=3&o=1

How it did work:

http://s882.photobucket.com/user/rsim123456789/media/skins%202_zpsp97uoh4a.png.html?sort=3&o=0[/lmg]

^^ Interesting stuff, and it fits what Barry (or was it Gruden?) said about how they may have over-emphasized to the team to gang-tackle Ivory... which is what caused them to get too aggressive and leave their gap responsibilities.

Shows you what a talented player can do to confound things.     

^^ Interesting stuff, and it fits what Barry (or was it Gruden?) said about how they may have over-emphasized to the team to gang-tackle Ivory... which is what caused them to get too aggressive and leave their gap responsibilities.

Shows you what a talented player can do to confound things.     

Could be.  I haven't gone back and looked at the All-22, but it seemed to me that Perry Riley was taking particularly bad angles/simply out of position/not getting off blocks for most of the afternoon.  On several runs, I think that really hurt us.  I think the Jets saw something on tape and really worked to exploit it.  I also think the lack of stunts can sometimes make it easier for an opposing teams running game.  You will occasionally get burned on stunts in the run game, but mixing them in can help keep the playcallers honest on the other side and allow the defense to plug unexpected gaps.  We seemed a bit too static on defense generally last Sunday.  I'd like to see us utilize some more movement along the D-line and really keep the offense, and the QB in particular, guessing.

Archived