Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

Just now, Larry said:

Fixed that one for you, too.  

Obviously, the problem is the ideas.  

Keep holding out for those ideas that haven’t been implemented for 10 years.

maybe we’ll get them sometime in the next 10 years. 

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well the rest of you have gotten zero ideas put in place

at least some of us are willing to try something different that can actually be put in place. 

I mean you’re saying the same thing I just said. We’ve been listening to group A over group B. Group A’s ideas are **** and have created more problems. Kids are dying. Let’s keep listening to group A regardless of the results because that’s who we’ve been listening to.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean you’re saying the same thing I just said. We’ve been listening to group A over group B. Group A’s ideas are **** and have created more problems. Kids are dying. Let’s keep listening to group A regardless of the results because that’s who we’ve been listening to.

No. 

The rest of you have ideas i like but no political capital to implement them. None. And there’s no reason to believe that’s going to change any time soon. 

None. Zero. You cannot get anything meaningful passed anywhere. Courts are striking down what controls have been put in place left and right. Gun rights have been expanding over the last 10 years not contracting.  While school shootings have become more frequent and deadly, gun rights have been expanding under Bush and Obama. 

When that changes I’ll be all about your ideas. 

But so so long as your ideas are nothing more than ideas, yeah I’m willing to try some of the things people that actually have political capital to do are throwing out there. 

But you guys keep on staying steadfast in your resistance to those ideas so that you can keep telling us about your ideas that no one’s done anything with for over 10 years. It’s done wonders so far so I’m encouraged by what you can get done this year. It’s only May. Plenty of time to get some gun control in for 2019. Looks good we should all be positive about it. Right?

We’ll get together at the end of the year and see how it went. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

But so so long as your ideas are nothing more than ideas, yeah I’m willing to try some of the things people that actually have political capital to do are throwing out there. 

But you guys keep on staying steadfast in your resistance to those ideas so that you can keep telling us about your ideas that no one’s done anything with for over 10 years.

I’ll keep staying steadfast to my ideas because I believe they’re right.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’ll keep staying steadfast to my ideas because I believe they’re right.

Cool. That’ll do everyone lots of good. We can add it to the thoughts and prayers. 

Just now, tshile said:

Cool. That’ll do everyone lots of good. We can add it to the thoughts and prayers. 

What the **** do you want me to do? Support something that I know to be wrong just because the **** GOP has a majority? My right ideas that aren’t being implemented aren’t doing a lot of good. Not doing nearly as much bad as the **** ideas that are though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What the **** do you want me to do? Support something that I know to be wrong just because the **** GOP has a majority? My right ideas that aren’t being implemented aren’t doing a lot of good. Not doing nearly as much bad as the **** ideas that are though.

Idk look at the **** you guys say whenever someone lays out why it’s better than not doing anything. Look at what you call those people. 

Maybe learn to be pragmatic  

or just keep ****ting all over them while you get exactly 0 done. 

Maybe one one day we’ll have enough school shootings you’ll get the public support you need for gun control. Maybe. Maybe it’ll take 10 years. Maybe 2. We’ll see. 

Meanwhile every other idea you just **** all over. And not just the idea, but the people too. 

So here, get **** on yourself. See how it feels. And to boot your ideas have zero political capital. 

Well played. It’s a great situation we’ve put ourselves in. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Well played. It’s a great situation we’ve put ourselves in. 

Sorry but your point is absurd. Next time you complain about anything that’s status quo, no matter how horrible the norm is or how valid your point, I’m going to blow you up, tell you to quit whining and support it just because that’s the way it is.

And I don’t **** on every other idea. Arming teachers is an idea worth ****ting on though. It’s idiotic.

i look forward to you trying to blow me up over not being pragmatic. Should be fun. 

Do you think it’ll happen before or after you get your gun control?

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh, I think you’ll get your way. You can do a little jig in my face as their carrying the next batch of bodies out.

Ill just ask you where your gun control is. 

Serious question: if you were forced to bet your house on the year that meaningful gun control was passed, what year would you pick?

Just now, tshile said:

Ill just ask you where your gun control is. 

Serious question: if you were forced to bet your house on the year that meaningful gun control was passed, what year would you pick?

Yeah, I understand that. I’m not going to support more bad ideas that are going to lead to more loss of life in the meantime.

Serious question, what were the chances of the person you voted for in the last presidential election actually winning?

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah, I understand that. I’m not going to support more bad ideas that are going to lead to more loss of life in the meantime.

Serious question, what were the chances of the person you voted for in the last presidential election actually winning?

You didn’t answer my question. 

To answer yours: 0. But I knew that and was fine with it and did it on purpose.  Clinton won my state which was easily predictable. 

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

There’s been plenty of support to show how it’s better than doing nothing. 

You opt for doing nothing because its use its not what you want implemented. 

When you get your political capital to enact gun control I’ll be right there with you supporting it. 

Its a shame you cant get your head out of your ass and support something that might help and can actually be done now in the meantime. 

You didn’t answer my question. 

To answer yours: 0. But I knew that and was fine with it and did it on purpose.  Clinton won my state which was easily predictable. 

That is the answer to your question. What you’re really asking me is what I think the chances are of meaningful gun control legislation passing anytime soon.

0. And I’m still fine with my position.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That is the answer to your question. What you’re really asking me is what I think the chances are of meaningful gun control legislation passing anytime soon.

0. And I’m still fine with my position.

And you’re fine with refusing to support other ideas that can be passed and implemented and might work. 

Sweet. Glad you’re at lease aware you’re part of the gridlock problem. 

C'mon, folks. 

The NRA (and tshile) has rejected every proposal except "throw thousands of guns at it, and hope that the collateral damage which their plan is guaranteed to produce will be less than the positive result that might or might not happen at all". 

Why are all of you folks being so unreasonable?  

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ugh... no.

I don’t think it might work. I think it’s a terrible idea.

Yeah i know you don’t. Plenty others do. 

And just because you don’t think it might work doesn’t mean it won’t work. 

You’re either part of solving things or you’re a barrier. People like you are a barrier on this one. And you exist on both sides. 

You want to **** on everyone on the other side. And that’s fine they deserve it. So do you. And you’re cool with it. Not sure what else to say. Awful situation and both sides causing it are happy to be doing what they’re doing. 

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

There’s been plenty of support to show how it’s better than doing nothing. 

Perhaps you could provide some of that, instead of repeating "The NRA will reject any attempt at a bipartisan measure, therefore everybody but the NRA is causing the problem" another five times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

You’re either part of solving things or you’re a barrier. People like you are a barrier on this one. And you exist on both sides.

That’s just dumb dude. You just ****ing said that you voted for someone even though they had no chance of winning. I guess you’re a barrier too then.

Given the binary options you listed, you’d be a barrier on the gun problem too. You sure as **** haven’t been part of the solution.

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

You want to **** on everyone on the other side. And that’s fine they deserve it. So do you.

BECAUSE I THINK ARMING TEACHERS IS IDIOTIC?!?!

Oh man... 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That’s just dumb dude. You just ****ing said that you voted for someone even though they had no chance of winning. I guess you’re a barrier too then.

Given the binary options you listed, you’d be a barrier on the gun problem too. You sure as **** haven’t been part of the solution.

I voted for them to show my disapproval of the two options. And I’d do it again. My hope was that one side might realize the mistake they made but neither seems to have felt like they made a mistake at all. 

I suppose I was wrong in thinking my protest vote might mean something. Ultimately Clinton won my state as predicted. 

You, on the other hand, what do you have to show for where you stand?

and in the face of all that nothing, your gut is to keep the course. 

I hope someday soon you can rub it all in my face and I can tell you I was wrong and you were right. 

Your own admission about the prospects of gun control make me sad that I don’t think it’s likely at all. 

We’ll just keep on keeping on. 10+ years of it. Why stop now?

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

Perhaps you could provide some of that,

Why? It’s been provided. It wasn’t accepted. If you’re going to ask people to dance for you then maybe pay better attention. 

Petermp went into a long post about his personal experiences on the matter and how it changed his mind. It was when I changed my mind on it. 

The control crowd laughed it off. 

Fast forward and teachers are getting guns and we’ll see if it helps. 

Wheres your gun control?

Edited by tshile

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

I voted for them to show my disapproval of the two options. And I’d do it again. My hope was that one side might realize the mistake they made but neither seems to have felt like they made a mistake at all. 

I suppose I was wrong in thinking my protest vote might mean something. Ultimately Clinton won my state as predicted. 

You, on the other hand, what do you have to show for where you stand?

I don't understand you dude.

Me: I refuse to support the stupidest version yet of the same "solution" that has continued to make the problem worse over and over again.

You: I voted for a 3rd party candidate that I knew wouldn't win because I disapproved of the choices. I hoped it would make a difference but sadly, it didn't. You on the other hand, what do you have to show for it?

Me: What do you mean "on the other hand?" You literally just said that you voted for someone you knew wouldn't win and have nothing to show for it.

You: Oh yeah? Well... it's different when I do it. Where's your gun control?? 😝

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

I’m definitely considering voting for any candidate the dems put up. 

Any. I don’t know that I will, I have limits with the liberal agenda, but I’m currently open to any. 

Much like the gun problem, I’m open to pretty much any solution. Even abolishing the 2nd amendment. Might not support that but I’m open to it. 

You? Nope your way or no way. 

Im being pragmatic, as I usually try to be. You’re being petulant. 

I recognize the reality of guns and gun control in his country right now. Do you? You either do and don’t care, or are oblivious and don’t get it despite being a part of the every day political conversation.  I’m not sure which is worse to be honest. 

You? Nope your way or no way. 

Im being pragmatic, as I usually try to be. You’re being petulant.

You're so full of **** dude. I refuse to support ONE idea... because it's stupid.

You put forth an idea that has a chance of passing and might help... I'll support it.