Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Tebow to sign with Eagles

TheGreatBuzz

I may be wrong and Chip could look a football genius after this year but I just don't see it.  I really don't understand WTF he is doing.  Down here I don't have any die hard Philly fans to ask their thoughts.  I wonder how they view it.

These moves leave very little grey area. He'll either be laughing his ass off at his detractors, or this will blow up in his face like a 7th grade science project, and he'll have his eyes set firmly on any high level job openings in college.

That all depends on whether or not you actually think Mariotta is going to be any good in the NFL.

I do not, so I'm perfectly happy if the Eagles trade all those players and picks this year and the next few to move up 18 spots.

Good luck with that, Chip.

I don't think Mariotta is going to be good in the NFL either, but as Redskins fans we should know that isn't even a factor.  We let teams snap losing streaks, let records happen, weak NFC East.  I'm not a hater either, I'm just going into this season extremely humble because of the fool I made myself look like to my friends in RG3's rookie year.  

LMFAO about this.

There's a passionate Iggles fan at work and I walked up to him yesterday and Tebowed. He just sputtered and didn't know what to do while the other guy there, a Pats fan, howled with laughter.

Stupid move but it should be a lot of fun for us Skins fans.

I can't even watch it once lol...

Assuming because it's unavailable now? Was not when I linked it. And damn it I can't find it on youtube... it's a 10 second video of Tebow throwing the ball in practice as a Bronco, it comes wobbling out of his hand, lands 15 yards downfield with no receivers around him, and the camera follows the ball as it slowly rolls out of bounds. 

It's a low risk/medium reward vet minimum signing. We were bad at punching the ball in close to the goal line and getting a yard or two when we needed a first down. The one thing Tebow can do is run with some power. I am thinking that Chipper wants to look at a designed package or two where a 250 pound jacked running QB can gain a few yards in short yardage situations or punch in a few 2 pt conversions. Chip's dream scenario is probably getting Mariotta, having Sanchez be back up, a limited but usable Tebow as 3rd string, and Bradford and Barkley gone.

They also say Tebow has decent hands and can catch. Maybe Chip has something else up his sleeve...who knows? Other than the scenario I laid out, I'm as lost as the rest of the NFL on this signing.

Chip is setting himself up to be fired easily. Either he is ahead of the curb and innovative with thinking or has too much control in his young career.

It could take one bad season and it will all backfire. brdawk20, you better pray that your Eagles won't head down the path we took because it is looking like it.

The Tebow signing is actually low risk, but maybe too much publicity. Now rumor is trading Bradford for Manziel. Still trying to figure out the Foles/Bradford trade.

Archived