Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - How many pieces were the Redskins away from the Superbowl in 2014 Article

TexasSkinsFan

Do you mean a historically successful coach and a historically successful and experienced QB? Exactly where would you find those available? If they are not available (and in the case of Brady, available under the salary cap), aren't you just making a roster with imaginary players and coaches on it?

No. I mean a QB who is good enough to be considered a legitimate franchise QB and a head coach who shows himself adept at game planning, motivation, instilling discipline and a cohesiveness of team and coaches/assistants. No "historically" needed...

Sorry but I'm more inclined to believe in Gruden than our idiot fan base. 

And NO I don't want the guy who made the dumbest play call in Super Bowl history. (What kind of moron calls a pass in that position with plenty of time on the clock and a timeout when you have beast mode revved up and ready to pound it in?)

Special teams are built with DEPTH. And the clearest indicator to anyone who understands the game that we have lacked a boatload of talent for years.

You can believe in him. Even the troll Reid said he looked overmatched.  I suggest you re listen to his pressers and look at his results. Perhaps the idiot fanbase moniker is closer to home to you.

If you are going to make statements like this, at least know the name of the OC that you are talking about. Not knowing his name discredits your post and even if you can't think of it (I sometimes forget names in my old age), you can look it up.

Darrell Bevell BTW.

I know his name. Just because I didnt post it does not mean I didnt know it. Your illogical assumptions discredit you.

Sorry but I'm more inclined to believe in Gruden than our idiot fan base. 

And NO I don't want the guy who made the dumbest play call in Super Bowl history. (What kind of moron calls a pass in that position with plenty of time on the clock and a timeout when you have beast mode revved up and ready to pound it in?)

Special teams are built with DEPTH. And the clearest indicator to anyone who understands the game that we have lacked a boatload of talent for years.

Yes. Dumbest call in SB history.But He won it last year and made it to the 1.5 yrd line this year. You would rather have Gruden than that guy? Really? The guy who wants to build around Colt McCoy? For a guy whose offense made it to two SBs and won one. For an arena coach who sucks? Makes no sense. sorry...

Speaking of Belicheck, Take note of how fast he dumps even big name players if they don't produce enough to justify a contract. And by that I mean, at the first sign of a drop in talent. How many players do you think would still be here after Belicheck was the coach for two years? Not many.

I wonder if Belichick would still be there if they never unearthed Tom Brady? He seems like an amazing coach but I wonder if that's due to Tom?

You can believe in him. Even the troll Reid said he looked overmatched.  I suggest you re listen to his pressers and look at his results. Perhaps the idiot fanbase moniker is closer to home to you.

Yes. Dumbest call in SB history.But He won it last year and made it to the 1.5 yrd line this year. You would rather have Gruden than that guy? Really? The guy who wants to build around Colt McCoy? For a guy whose offense made it to two SBs and won one. For an arena coach who sucks? Makes no sense. sorry...

Not once by dead or word has Gruden EVER suggested he wants to build around McCoy. That you would say such a thing exposes you. You are out of touch with reality and your opinion is worthless.

I swear, I'm going to be merciless on more than a few of you when this thing gets turned around without another damn coaching change because we finally brought in some real talent. 

Whatever.  The proof of that eval is on the field performance.  Skins suck.

After watching the Superbowl it really makes me realize how far away the Skins are -- light years man.  Light years.

Really? So we were bad and therefore any evaluation of our players as bad is automatically correct? That's brilliant.

You can believe in him. Even the troll Reid said he looked overmatched. I suggest you re listen to his pressers and look at his results. Perhaps the idiot fanbase moniker is closer to home to you.

I know his name. Just because I didnt post it does not mean I didnt know it. Your illogical assumptions discredit you.

Yes. Dumbest call in SB history.But He won it last year and made it to the 1.5 yrd line this year. You would rather have Gruden than that guy? Really? The guy who wants to build around Colt McCoy? For a guy whose offense made it to two SBs and won one. For an arena coach who sucks? Makes no sense. sorry...

Gruden is clutch in the playoffs, you should know this.

Not once by dead or word has Gruden EVER suggested he wants to build around McCoy. That you would say such a thing exposes you. You are out of touch with reality and your opinion is worthless.

I swear, I'm going to be merciless on more than a few of you when this thing gets turned around without another damn coaching change because we finally brought in some real talent. 

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/07/washington-redskins-jay-gruden-colt-mccoy

"You don’t want to have competition at that position all the time,” Gruden said. “You’d like to have a guy you can say, ‘Hey, this is our quarterback, fellas. Let’s build our team around him!’ And then you have the competition between No. 2 and 3. We’ll see what happens these last four games. Then as a staff we’ll have to talk about the future of the position — whether we’re going to build around Colt, whether we’re going to have a competition between Colt and Robert and Kirk.”"

There is definite implications of Gruden's desire to build around Colt. Are you sure youre on the right board?

Gruden is clutch in the playoffs, you should know this.

Who cares about playoff victories. We like Good pressers where an idiot coach bumbles around incoherently- but he does it honestly and gruffly with no polish.

The guy who called "rocket screen"?

I have to agree 100% with Scot McCloughan, that a big step in this process is player development... one that we are headed in that direction. Good teams such as the Seahawks, Packers, and Pats have this in place. It may not, in years to come, result in our being a championship caliber team, but I would at least like us to get back to where fans from other teams go from saying "We play the Redskins next week? W"... to "We play the Redskins next week? Hmmm, I don't know."

I have to agree 100% with Scot McCloughan, that a big step in this process is player development... one that we are headed in that direction. Good teams such as the Seahawks, Packers, and Pats have this in place. It may not, in years to come, result in our being a championship caliber team, but I would at least like us to get back to where fans from other teams go from saying "We play the Redskins next week? W"... to "We play the Redskins next week? Hmmm, I don't know."

I do admit I am concerned if Gruden has an interest in "player development"

Some head coaches are teachers and develop and raise players, others win by getting great players and having them execute their schemes.

I think Gruden is the later, which isn't a bad thing per say, but requires real legit talent. I don't think a Jay Gruden coaching staff turns Russell Wilson into a QB that wins the Superbowl and returns to another one, nor turns Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman into all pro players.

Bottom line though is the team is light years away talent wise. In my opinion there are only 5 players on this team who are "Superbowl players" those being Trent, Alf, Ryan Kerrigan, Keenan and Breeland.

Everyone else is garbage

There is an older business saying: How do you become a millionaire? Be a billionaire and invest in the airline industry.

How do the redskins win a playoff game? Assemble a SB Team and have Jay Gruden coach them.

Even the troll Reid can see this guy is overmatched.

Archived