Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

T @TMM75 2h2 hours ago

.@MarkBullockNFL reminds us of a simpler time w an RG3 write-up that addresses his play on field, not tweets off it http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2015/02/11/reviewing-the-play-of-the-redskins-quarterbacks/?postshare=4071423675931523 

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 1h1 hour ago

@TMM75 Well, if he was playing well or the team was winning, nobody would be bothered about the tweets off it.

Spotrac Stats & Info @SpotracStatInfo 3h3 hours ago

#Redskins had one of the five worst Pts/50Plays differential last year and are the only team with <$40M cap space

B9lhxJfCcAAB0fx.png

Washington Redskins @Redskins 2h2 hours ago

New wave of mock drafts means new theories on #Redskins No. 5 pick. #MockDraftMadness | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2gvya 

B9lyLK8IIAY8Q2w.jpg

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 16s16 seconds ago

RT @AdamSchefter: Let games begin: Steelers will play Vikings in 2015 preseason Hall of Fame Game, Sun. Aug 9.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 16m16 minutes ago

3,962 rushing yards. 28 TDs. 1f48e.png@Trey_Deuces #CombineFlashback photos | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2gsrp 

B9lwtluIUAAC0wn.jpg

Kid will never get it. He should reading a playbook while dragging 18 Caterpillar tires behind him. 

GAWR

You cant learn to read a playbook, until you know how to write one.  If he were serious, he would be writing a playbook, while dragging 18 Caterpillar tires filled with linemen, while reading another playbook with his eyes.

Hes clearly just lazy...

The over-the-top and never-ending mocking of things we hate on this board has always annoyed me just as much as the thing being mocked/complained about/etc.

In this instance it's the Griffin supporters (for lack of a better term) managing to sarcastically drag Griffin and his critics into every imaginable topic--Will Compton tweets? Someone obsessed with Griffin quotes it asking why fans don't hate him for tweeting. Griffin tweets this picture of him working out? A troupe of comedians appear to go overboard mimicking his critics.

Another good example would be the sarcastic blaming of Mara for everything for about three years after the Salary Cap penalty.

The over-the-top and never-ending mocking of things we hate on this board has always annoyed me just as much as the thing being mocked/complained about/etc.

In this instance it's the Griffin supporters (for lack of a better term) managing to sarcastically drag Griffin and his critics into every imaginable topic--Will Compton tweets? Someone obsessed with Griffin quotes it asking why fans don't hate him for tweeting. Griffin tweets this picture of him working out? A troupe of comedians appear to go overboard mimicking his critics.

Another good example would be the sarcastic blaming of Mara for everything for about three years after the Salary Cap penalty.

I agree totally. I was just about to post about this. I'm not sure what's worse, the lack of self-awareness Robert exhibits consistently in the media/public eye and the overly sensational coverage of it that follows, or the sarcastic mocking of it you mentioned in your post here by the fans trying to make a point about it.

That being said, this last statement of yours here that I bolded I just have to disagree with, lol. I'm sorry, Conn, Mara deserves eternal vengeance from Skins fans and if it means we have to suffer through the sarcastic blaming he receives from fans so be it. He and Lurie should never be forgiven for it (unless they openly apologize about it and work to correct their mistake) and it certainly shouldn't be forgotten. :)

Twitter is a cesspool filled with raging lunatics. It allows you to use someone as your personal punching bag with little to no consequence. It's an bullies playground.

And as far as the jokes you're referring to, they're just that, jokes. Just some lighthearted humor, nothing more nothing less. No need to over analyze something just because it annoys you personally.

And as far as the jokes you're referring to, they're just that, jokes. Just some lighthearted humor, nothing more nothing less. No need to over analyze something just because it annoys you personally.

I'm not over-analyzing anything, just commenting on something I see a lot here. And I guarantee you others will agree. One person already has, and I'm sure we're not alone.

Others will also agree that the behavior I'm describing is often not "just some lighthearted humor". This type of borderline obsessive behavior can reveal how people really feel about something. In the same way that someone in your day-to-day life might make continuous jokes or sarcastic remarks about something and immediately follow it with "just kidding" or "just joking", it's a dead giveaway. The mind can linger on certain things and some can't help but harp on the things that bother them. They see what they want to in any situation and find a way to connect it back to their issue.

Twitter is a cesspool filled with raging lunatics. It allows you to use someone as your personal punching bag with little to no consequence. It's an bullies playground.

Which, in a way, says something about those who are so willing to invite all those types into their lives, right? 

I mean, it's not like twitter has such awesome mods like here, you know? :D

Archived