Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stat of the Day: Monday Night Football

ExoDus84

After last night's defeat, the Washington Redskins are now 1-13 on Monday Night Football home games since 1998.

That's not a misprint.

1-13.

This is an unbelievable stat. I'm guessing it's because primetime games are usually against good opponents, and the level of suck this franchise has endured makes it impossible to beat good teams. But 1-13, at home?

That's the most horrific stat I've read in a while.

Game Detail:

2014: Lose 27-17 vs. Seattle

2013: Lose 33-27 vs. PHI

2013: Lose 27-6 vs. SF

2012: Win, 17-16 vs. NYG

2010: Lose, 59-28 vs. PHI

2009: Lose, 27-17 vs. PHI

2009: Lose, 45-12 vs NYG

2008: Lose, 23-6 vs. PIT

2006: Lose, 19-16 vs. MIN

2004: Lose, 21-18 vs. DAL

2002: Lose, 37-7 vs. PHI

2000: Lose, 27-21 vs. DAL

2000: Lose, 27-21 vs. TEN

1998: Lose, 45-10 vs. SF

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Record: 1-13, 223 PF, 433 PA

Average PF: 15.9, Average PA: 31

Average Margin of Defeat: 16.2 points

The only reason they give us Monday Night games is because of how large our viewing market is. This is why we have just as many Primetime games as we had wins last year.

It's not like we're making a special request to get blasted on National television every year. Kind of tired of seeing us get these games with the setup for us to be expected to win then find out the media collective agreed we were going to get blown out anyway then blast us for it.

I don't like getting embarrased like this on National TV, but I've come to accept that we were 3-13 last year and to chill out on the immediate expected turn-around (which is way easier said then done).

People vainly argue the point but you can make a very convincing case for the Redskins being the worst team in football the past two decades or so.

A VERY convincing case.

Hail.

I wouldn't go that far. As painfully mediocre as we've been, the Browns, Jaguars, and Raiders still take the cake.

I wouldn't go that far. As painfully mediocre as we've been, the Browns, Jaguars, and Raiders still take the cake.

Raiders made a super bowl, Jax made a afc championship game.

Sadly, as dave pointed out, even the perennial worst franchises have come closer to tasting glory than we have since the last Lombardi. And without looking, I'll wager there's next to no difference in Browns winning seasons/ one and done playoff appearances than ours. We've had what, 2 double digit win seasons for a start since # 4. Throw in lil' Danny and Cerrato's FF years, and all the off field problems, and we rank as bad if not worse as ANYTHING league wide without question for me. Sad as it is to admit that.

Sighs. Nobody said being a fan of a sports team was ever going to be easy.

Hail.

How about Monday night football games on the road? Is it better? Or around the same?

I just ran through the our records from 1996-2014, and we are 3-3 in MNF away games.

The best of those of which is the 14-13 Monday Night Miracle against Dallass.

nope, november 6th 2005 was a sunday. the 1 Monday Night Football win at FedEx Field came in RG3s rookie season (2012) when we beat the giants 17-16.

Wow. Now I know why there isn't a single Skins highlight in the MNF intro. Kinda don't deserve it.

That is truly a sickening stat. I must be in some sort of denial of how bad of a franchise we've really become. Because I've been a fan for so long and seen the Gibbs glory years, I really never look at us as one of the worst teams/franchises in the league. But when you break down the past twenty one years, wow, we're as bad as anyone.

Just as a little side note, how about that stat of us being the worst team in the league and Seattle being the best team in the league--including a SB title-- since our playoff game in 2012? Who would've thought that that would be even remotely possible at that time? Maybe we really are a cursed team. 

that was an away game though. this stat is for monday night football games at FedEx Field. which, as i stated above, the 1 win came 2 seasons ago against the giants in a 17-16 win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Monday_Night_Football_results_(2010%E2%80%93present)

idk man, i dont see it here.

The only ABC/ESPN home game we won during that time period was against the Jets in 2003, Spurrier's 2nd season.

That was a Thursday Night season opener.

edit: i forgot the Giants game.

@ OP: If the stat is for MNF home games since we've been playing at FedEx Field, the only one you should add is from 1997 when we beat the Cowboys 21-16 in week 7 on october 13th, so that would make our record at FedEx Field on MNF 2-13. otherwise, good looking up the info. i mean, its sad to look at...but good job anyway

2012 was the only season in recent memory where we looked good in front of national audiences -- the Dallas Thanksgiving thrashing and the Baltimore comeback were both primetime too iirc, probably some others.  Rookie RG3 magic.

the game against the ravens in 2012 was a 1 pm game, but yeah that was a great game. the dallas game too, wow. 2 great games to watch.

Archived