Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just got back from Philadelphia and the Stink (Thoughts and Observations)

Boss_Hogg

just a quick note.  That pi on biggers was on mathews and was 100 percent legit.  Don't let homerism interfere with how u watch the game.

I agree with everything you say about the eagles fans, but i would agree with everything u said about any fan base.  Ive never met a fanbase other than the skins that I liked .  I've been to two away games in my life.  Dolphins and giants .  Both times i found my self on the verge of taking on a mob of the home team fans because of the stuff going on in the game.

U want a good live sporting experience?  Watch your team at home.  Want a horrible fan experience ?  Watch your team on the road .  This goes for all teams in all sports.

Exactly why I stayed my ass home.

Septa sucks ass on a regular day so I couldn't imagine how it was today.

Also I've heard a lot of stories of racism up there towards blacks. I'm black and I really don't feel like getting arrested because of those clowns

Are you sure?   I see Septa commercials online all the time, and the folks seem so happy  ;)

I think if you want a good live football experience, watch the game at your house.  The NFL in-game experience blows compared to other sports.  It is getting harder and harder to justify standing a parking lot with a bunch of dudes for four hours waiting for the game and then attending the game, standing around between plays with the same bunch of dudes.  Way too much time for way too little action.  This is why the fighting doesn't make sense to me.  I just feel like I'm part of some big, fake TV production that is built upon the fans, who actually cares what happens to the team, as opposed to management, that cares how people fork over their dough.  

Two things.

There is no jail at the Linc.  

Eagles fans boo injured defensive opponents because they suspect (and correctly quite often) that the player is trying to slow down the game.   

They have holding cells and a court room.  Please don't talk about things you know nothing about.

The main problem is people that can't handle their booze. Philadelphia has a lot of south Jersey trash. DC is hardly a welcoming place to come to as a visiting fan. Tailgating is the best American institution ever but it has it consequences

Yo bro... I'm from South Jersey and I like to know how you can categorize nearly 'all the trash' to that one demographic.

Are you even from America originally? I don't know based on screen name.

But I went to game and MULTIPLE Philly/Skins games. Frankly, I wouldn't distinguish South Jersey/Philly fan. I like to know how you are so astute. But honestly, I think other people from South Jersey would find this comical.

Two things.

There is no jail at the Linc.  

Eagles fans boo injured defensive opponents because they suspect (and correctly quite often) that the player is trying to slow down the game.   

This is true, and actually, I think that teams that do that deserved to be booed.

I don't think that any of the 'Skins injuries yesterday fell into that category.  Hall tore his Achilles.  Kory L. left the game and I don't believe ever game back.  The one questionable one was Orakpo, but it looks like he had his middle-finger twisted backwards.

That said, last year, it was CLEAR that the Giants, the cheating ****s, tried to fake injuries to slow down the Eagles. It was definitely part of the gameplan. 

* Quick comment from someone who lived in Philadelphia most of his life and was a season ticket holder before moving to Maryland.

Just like any other fan base and region - the fan base is diverse. The 100 level and club level seating which is 70% of the seats are not anything like the stereotype that is applied to "all" Eagles fans. The 200 level at the Linc is still very much like the 700 level of the Vet.

Bottom line - people who can't afford to put food on their table for their kids will pay for Eagles season tickets and alcohol and they act like complete rejects. No excusing it. I have a 2 and 4 year old now and neither will attend a game of my favorite team until they are much older and even then - we will be in club box seats.

In summary - awesome game yesterday. Toe to toe and could have gone either way. If Cousins is really legit - you guys will be right there at the end. As an Eagles fan - we are rooting hard for RG3 to come back soon.

I think if you want a good live football experience, watch the game at your house.  The NFL in-game experience blows compared to other sports.  It is getting harder and harder to justify standing a parking lot with a bunch of dudes for four hours waiting for the game and then attending the game, standing around between plays with the same bunch of dudes.  Way too much time for way too little action.  This is why the fighting doesn't make sense to me.  I just feel like I'm part of some big, fake TV production that is built upon the fans, who actually cares what happens to the team, as opposed to management, that cares how people fork over their dough.  

amen.  My last skins game was the rams game we lost.  Ill never go again unless i get free tickets.  Its too damn expensive and I just like watching from my home way more.  

Been to Redskins-Eagles games twice in Philly

1995 at the Vet

2008 at the Linc

95 was eons ago and I was 18 years old; it was a rowdy crowd, one guy even set a Redskins hat on fire in our section. However, I didn't feel uncomfortable or threatened that day.

In 2008 I was shocked... Was with my wife who was pregnant at the time and I was a bit nervous. Got the normal pre-game ribbing walking in, but nothing abnormal. I had good seats that day so maybe I missed the riff-raff, but I had ZERO issues with Eagles fan. Nothing even bordered on inappropriate. After the game (we won) they were much more mad at their own and didn't say much of anything to me or the other Skins fans I saw.

I've seen us play at Philly, Tampa, SF, Dallas, Giants, Broncos, Packers, Rams, etc and I've been to FedEx and RFK. It's all about the same with the Texas crowds (Houston, Dallas) being the friendliest and most tame and the other NFC East crowds (including Skins) being edgier. But I'm pretty convinced that the only real trouble that finds you at games is trouble you're looking for.

I was there also. Section 113, so sitting mostly with season ticket holders. Besides the name calling and getting yelled every time I stood up to cheer (which is expected), overall had a good time. 

There was 1 clown sitting behind me that I got in to a disagreement with. About 5 minutes in to the 3rd quarter we had a handful of players go down on 1 drive. This guy was screaming that we were tired and trying to slow the offense down, and faking injuries (and screaming to drag their "p**sy a**" off the field). If it were the 4th quarter and they were running high tempo, I could understand feeling that way. But this is 5 minutes after halftime on their 1st or 2nd possession. I kindly told him that I disagreed with his assessment, to which he took offense to and which lead to more name calling. 

But like I said, overall a good time and despite the outcome, a great game. 

It all sounds pretty much like SOP for a day in Philly (when both teams have something to play for). Any stable minded opposing fan should be able to handle it.

I've found them to be much nastier at the two early season games I attended at the Stink 03/04. They were far more subdued at the Dec match-ups when they were out of contention, and we were in win or die scenarios 05/12. 

It is just not worth going to any DC vs Philly sporting event, even in DC. I am so glad the Phillies are awful and those bandwagon idiots from Philly no longer come down here for games. Those were awful 

pretty much ruined the nats from about 06-09.  That ish was vulgar as hell. 

They have holding cells and a court room. Please don't talk about things you know nothing about.

If they do in fact have cells they still wouldn't be the only stadium. I've seen the cells in Raymlnd James Stadium first hand due to a friend of mine.

It was a misunderstanding and they let us right back to our seats for our win in Tampa two years ago but they exist nonetheless.

-The EJ Biggers pass interference call was 100% baloney. It happened right in front of me. That beetlejuice looking mofo (Maclin) fell on his own.  It was PI

-Fecal fans boo injured Redskins players.

They boo all injuries becuase of their up-tempo offense, many times opposing teams fall on purpose.  Yes the REdskins had legit injuries, but they were booing because it was a defender down while the team was driving.

-The Fecal fans threw trash and other debris at Chris Baker as he was leaving the field.

Chris only stated some sauce was thrown at him, i didn't see the other debris.  But I can see this happening in most other stadiums.

-Halett looked just as confused and lost as he does at FedEx Field.

Not sure on comment...

-That stadium is loud, not sure if it's the acoustics or if the team pumped in crowd noise.

I'm in the same boat as you, the fans are loud there, but not sure if its pumped in.  I'd almsot say no because of the quietness at certain times...but still, not sure.

-Orakpo played better in the second half.

him, as well as others, just coudln't get there quick enough, but the pressure was close.

-Desean Jackson received the most heat (obviously).

-The Iggles fanbase is 99.9% Caucasian. Not that it matters, I'm just used to the diverse crowds at FedEx. Just an observation.

This ahs been said before, I find its strange! 

-Eagles had wide receivers running free down field all day. Foles missed a few wide open players.

-Kirk made some good throws, but he also missed on a few wide open receivers as well.

-Eagles did a great job stopping Alfred Morris, Josh LeRiebus really struggled with run blocking.

It became an air it out game so running was removed mostly!

I was at the game yesterday and it was one of the worst experiences at a sporting event. I took the ribbing from the fans but when they're constantly berating you with numerous curse words and racially insensitive remarks, and it get very annoying, very fast. I was physically threatened numerous times because people were mad that I was cheering for my team, why the hell wouldn't I cheer when DJax just caught a 80 yard bomb on you. Didn't back down to these stupid threats because they were all these skinny people acting like they would actually do something, and I'm a big guy so I didn't feel very threatened by them. They're probably the most classless people I've ever encountered but that should be expected when sitting 5 rows from the top. 

Archived