Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just got back from Philadelphia and the Stink (Thoughts and Observations)

Boss_Hogg

I remember watching that game and the announcers commenting and saying how its not too often you see fans fighting amongst themselves. If memory serves me correctly it was an Eagles blow out either 02 or 03. Skins fans act as if they are buying opposing fans beers and giving them hugs. We all know that drunk fans problems regardless of what team they are cheering for. 

No, your memory doesn't serve you correctly. It was in 2003 & the Fecals won by 2 points 27-25. Andy Reid & McScab tried to give the game away but Patrick Ramsey tossed a last minute interception in the end zone. 

And, no, I'm not acting as if I'm buying opposing fans beers and giving them hugs at FedEx. Which, as you know, Fecal fans at the Stink are famous for doing. 

The stuff about Philly fans being extra rowdy and dangerous ended in like 2002.  Have you been to the Linc?  It is one of the worst homefield advantages in the NFL for a marquee team and the fighting/bad behavior is way, way down compared to the Vet.  For every outrageous Philly story (like the fan who puked on another fan - at a Phils game BTW), there are ten equally awful if not worse stories from other cities that rarely get the level of attention as Philly does.  But that's OK - ESPN has like 5 networks and incredible amounts of hours to fill; same with talk radio; and the stories are sometimes both comical and tragic.  We Philly fans are used to it from the morons at ESPN and Fox.  But for those of us in the know, who actually attend games at the Linc and elsewhere, we know the story is dated and no longer true.  

There are only two groups of people that talk about rowdy Philly fans and the dangers they pose - the national media, and out-of-town football fans who love to go to Philly and pretend that they stared down the beast.  The whole thing about Philly fans being worse than others is total and complete BS.  Simply an urban legend at this point.

I personally have experienced both great and terrible philly fans at Fed-Ex.  I have talked to many families there decked out in Philly gear that were awesome.  A few different folks (during the McNugget heyday) were pretty cool.  I head a few say, well it's our turn to win since you guys kicked our butts for about 20 years.

Circa 2008, I also saw a group of Philly fans brutally assault a lone skins fan who did nothing to them.  The melee started when one of the philly fans chucked a beer bottle at the back of the head of the skins fan as he was walking in front of them.  I was about 30 feet away.  The guy dropped to the ground and covered his head as these three thugs kicked and punched him while he was in the fetal position.  My group and about 3 ither groups of Skins fans yelled out and rushed to his aid and the Philly fans quickly ran away while one of them kept yelling "Whats up now B-----s?"

Chase ensued, cops got involved and arrested all three.  The skins fan had to go to the ER.  When we got back to the guy on the ground, before the ambulance got there.  He said that he was just on his way back to his car.  Didn't ever talk to the Eagles fans, they just jumped him for no reason.

No, your memory doesn't serve you correctly. It was in 2003 & the Fecals won by 2 points 27-25. Andy Reid & McScab tried to give the game away but Patrick Ramsey tossed a last minute interception in the end zone. 

And, no, I'm not acting as if I'm buying opposing fans beers and giving them hugs at FedEx. Which, as you know, Fecal fans at the Stink are famous for doing. 

The mace game I think was in 2002 and the Eagles did blow us out that game, an early season Monday nigher.  They blew us out late in the 2003 season here as well. The game you're thinking about was either 2003 at the Linc, which we lost by 2 when we couldn't the 2-pt conversion at the end, or the 2004 one here, where Ramsey threw the INT at the end and we lost 17-14.

One time in the early 2000s I actually did have a Philly fan in line at the bar at FedEx turn around and buy my mother and I drinks.  There are good apples out there.

That sounds like a lie. If true, it would have been all over the news.

Are you talking about Ryan Diveny? The 18 year old from Loudon County, VA who was severely beaten by a group of Philadelphia fans?

http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/news/article/men_convicted_of_violent_attack_on_ashburn_student368/

http://www.loudountimes.com/news/article/diviney_attacker_paroled898

Boss Hogg, there was a story on Outside the Lines a while back that did have a story about a Philly fan who got mauled pretty bad at FedEx.

The booing when defensive players are injured bugs the **** out of me.  They are so arrogant to think that teams HAVE to fake injuries to slow down that stupid offense.  It would be great if our fans would boo the Eagles defense in our stadium when one of their little ****es breaks a nail. 

Archived