Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 6 and iPhone big boy

Springfield

Excuse me.  I am trying to understand what world you live in.

So, in the real world, good for you that you like Apple.  Maybe one day I can open up my server rack and see Apple Server 2012, Apple Exchange 2013, and have all my computers running Apple Office 2015.  I can configure all my network adapters, not with IPv6, but some Apple Network protocol.  Yeah, that world would be cool.

Fred man, chill.  You do realize that the majority of us in this thread are looking at the product from a consumer level and not from a networking perspective in an office setting right?  I'm not in IT or anything, but I know how much the IT world prefers android/MS to apple, all my friends in the industry tell me all the time.

But for just us normal folk that are buying these products for personal use, there really isn't that big of a difference and more personal preference.  It boils down to what you want to do with a tablet or phone, nothing more nothing less.  

I'm a fan of both honestly.  I loved my Droid 2 and I love my iphone 4.  I was about to buy a Galaxy S5, now I think I'm going iphone 6 plus.  No biggie, but all the hate between android fans vs apple fans is ruining the thread.

So, in the real world, good for you that you like Apple.  Maybe one day I can open up my server rack and see Apple Server 2012, Apple Exchange 2013, and have all my computers running Apple Office 2015.  I can configure all my network adapters, not with IPv6, but some Apple Network protocol.  Yeah, that world would be cool.

Edit:  Yes, I feel better now.

Well where the real world is going is a totally different direction, so your use of sarcasm based off Microsoft products makes it even more amusing.

My advice would be to avoid Sprint at all costs. I've stuck with them for 8 years because it was cheap and I've always had unlimited everything. Now, cell phone plans are much more competitive and I'll be jumping ship for Verizon. I can't tell you how many times I've needed to look something up on my phone quickly and the web page never loads... incredibly frustrating. Don't fall for their marketing tactics.. they promise major upgrades to their service every month but nothing noticeable ever happens.

Just my 2 cents.

My advice would be to avoid Sprint at all costs. I've stuck with them for 8 years because it was cheap and I've always had unlimited everything. Now, cell phone plans are much more competitive and I'll be jumping ship for Verizon. I can't tell you how many times I've needed to look something up on my phone quickly and the web page never loads... incredibly frustrating. Don't fall for their marketing tactics.. they promise major upgrades to their service every month but nothing noticeable ever happens.

Just my 2 cents.

Not the first time I've heard that.

But why VZ over AT&T?

Not the first time I've heard that.

But why VZ over AT&T?

i had t mobile when they were 'voicestream' 15 years ago. then had sprint, which was fine for the most part. then went to verizon cuz my wife had a verizon plan. then went to virgin (on the sprint network) cuz, in part, my verizon phone didnt work in the one spot in germantown where verizon doesnt work well (you could actually see on the cell map where my house was). 

then i went to straight talk (phone was on at&t network) cuz paying your monthly bill on virgin was a chore. customer service was so bad, i could not begin to explain. 

but, both were about 40$ per month, as long as you paid full price for your phone. 

went back to verizon cuz they offered a competitive deal. got a iphone 4s. 

i would say that verizon has the best coverage. and, at least this time around, its been hassle free. and if i could upgrade now to the 6 by trading in my 4s, i'd do it. 

when i comes to cell phone companies, you basically get what you pay for. at least, from my experience. 

Logged onto ATT and am waiting in the queue to order. I hope this doesn't take forever. Want to get back to sleep.

I posted in the wrong thread.... ATT went live at 2:55 for me. I got the 128gig 6plus.  Completed my order at 2:58 am.  I still can't log into Apple.  I wasn't going to upgrade through ATT but decided at the last minute I might have an easier time because someone else posted that earlier.  They were correct...!

Not sure if I'll like the big ass phone, but what the hell....

I posted in the wrong thread.... ATT went live at 2:55 for me. I got the 128gig 6plus. Completed my order at 2:58 am. I still can't log into Apple. I wasn't going to upgrade through ATT but decided at the last minute I might have an easier time because someone else posted that earlier. They were correct...!

Not sure if I'll like the big ass phone, but what the hell....

I logged in at 2:58, still in line apparently.

I want to know why everybody keeps dogging Sprint? I've been with them for almost ten years, never had any problems.

Maybe it's because I'm in DC. But to each it's own I guess. It just amuses me when people say something about them...

IMO, phone service is different in each area.  Where I live (SE Va), Sprint is Ok, its better than TMobile, but not as good as ATT and Verizon.

I've had all 4.  I have been with ATT the longest and am extremely happy. I don't have any issues at all.

I logged in at 2:58, still in line apparently.

I got so lucky then.  When I google searched ATT, it said "Big Event" and there was a countdown timer, after about 1 minute, it brought up the main page and let me log in.  In all seriousness, I assumed that my order didn't really process or something (cause I'm negative like that), but, I got the confirmation email, its also showing on my ATT account now.... Finally, for once, I had an easy time..!!

Good luck, I hope it works for you with no issues.

IMO, phone service is different in each area.  Where I live (SE Va), Sprint is Ok, its better than TMobile, but not as good as ATT and Verizon.

I've had all 4.  I have been with ATT the longest and am extremely happy. I don't have any issues at all.

I got so lucky then.  When I google searched ATT, it said "Big Event" and there was a countdown timer, after about 1 minute, it brought up the main page and let me log in.  In all seriousness, I assumed that my order didn't really process or something (cause I'm negative like that), but, I got the confirmation email, its also showing on my ATT account now.... Finally, for once, I had an easy time..!!

Good luck, I hope it works for you with no issues.

Order is through and processed... Or so I hope.

Haven't received email confirmation yet and when I go to track my order it can't find it.

I'll chalk that up to server overload and I assume I'll get more info in the morning.

I'd did say my credit card wouldn't be charged until it ships.

I went iPhone 6 - 64 gb - galaxy gray

Order is through and processed... Or so I hope.

Haven't received email confirmation yet and when I go to track my order it can't find it.

I'll chalk that up to server overload and I assume I'll get more info in the morning.

I'd did say my credit card wouldn't be charged until it ships.

I went iPhone 6 - 64 gb - galaxy gray

It took about 3-5 min before I got the confirmation email and my account update.

I've never preordered through att, I wonder when we will get them?

It took about 3-5 min before I got the confirmation email and my account update.

I've never preordered through att, I wonder when we will get them?

I assume you'll get yours before I get mine.

I would assume they ship to be received on release day. I doubt I'll be in that first batch. If I remember correctly, they'll eventually give you an ETA.

I've never preordered a phone before though. Just going by other people's preorders in the past.

I assume you'll get yours before I get mine.

I would assume they ship to be received on release day. I doubt I'll be in that first batch. If I remember correctly, they'll eventually give you an ETA.

I've never preordered a phone before though. Just going by other people's preorders in the past.

Gotcha.

The only time I've ever preordered was for the 3s and 4. Waited in line at apple store. That sucked.

i havent decided on if I want the iPhone 6 or 6 plus...

you guys think there will be a shortage of iPhones for me to buy if I wait until the 19th to check out the phones in person?

I'd imagine there will be phones to buy. The apple store will have them but you'll have to do the line.

I know I got an email from SAMs club. If bet radioshack would be a good place to check too.

Did anyone else order the iPhone plus?? What expected delivery date did you get?
Mine said 14-21 days immediately after placing the order and this morning, got an update, said I should expect delivery around Oct 12-19.

That's crazy.  I wasn't really worried about getting it on the 19th, but I didn't really think it would be backed up that bad considering I ordered before 3am.  I even chose the 128 gig figuring it would be more readily available... I'm not pissed because the phone will take longer to get here, but more so because I have to wait longer to sell my iPhone 5 on ebay.  Oh well... at least I got an order in.

Did anyone else order the iPhone plus?? What expected delivery date did you get?

Mine said 14-21 days immediately after placing the order and this morning, got an update, said I should expect delivery around Oct 12-19.

That's crazy.  I wasn't really worried about getting it on the 19th, but I didn't really think it would be backed up that bad considering I ordered before 3am.  I even chose the 128 gig figuring it would be more readily available... I'm not pissed because the phone will take longer to get here, but more so because I have to wait longer to sell my iPhone 5 on ebay.  Oh well... at least I got an order in.

I think the 128 is gonna be a huge seller.  People like me who have had iphones since the start are tired of having to manage storage.  

I think I'm gonna have to wait until March when my contract is up.  AT&T has this NEXT thing and if I'm reading it correctly I can get the phone for the renewal price but it'll tack an additional 35 bucks a month onto my cell bill.  Or I can get the thing for 799 up front.  Ugh.

I think the 128 is gonna be a huge seller. People like me who have had iphones since the start are tired of having to manage storage.

I think I'm gonna have to wait until March when my contract is up. AT&T has this NEXT thing and if I'm reading it correctly I can get the phone for the renewal price but it'll tack an additional 35 bucks a month onto my cell bill. Or I can get the thing for 799 up front. Ugh.

I've always had the 32 gig and with the iphone 5, this is the first time space has been an issue. But, that being said, I always have to clear photos and movies to my laptop. I wanted the 128 for obvious reasons. I use GarageBand and iMovie a lot in addition to the camera.

I hope AT&T is just being cautious. It would be nice to get the phone a sooner than Mid October.

The only reason I didn't do the next plan was because I was afraid I'd lose my unlimited data plan. I saved money and put it aside just for this phone. But I'll get a good chunk back when I sell my 5.

I didn't get a confirmation email until 5 am.

When I login and try and track my order it says it can't find it. I assume that they are inundated with orders an will sort it out later.

If I recall correctly, your eta will decrease. I think you'll be good code.

Don't worry, my AT&T account did the same thing. It takes a while to show up. I was concerned last night. Lol.

Archived