Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Heading out to watch Lecque play this afternoon here in Charlotte. Gonna be with my daughter's friend who goes to school with, and is a friend of Jalen. Hopefully get a chance to chat with him after the game about the virtues of College Park!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

This happened today. My daughter's friend is the kid in the Randolph Macon sweat.

Jalen Lecque is everything he's cracked up to be. He is special. Kid drained 3 three pointers in the first half, all from well beyond the NBA line. Good handles, great first step, amazingly explosive, incredible hops. This kid is a game changer, and I hope the Terps get him. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

IMG_0494.mov

14 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Well, they needed that win to even hope to have a shot at the tournament. 

Glad they won, sad they looked so terrible  ( except for the last 5 minutes or so ) winning. 

I'm holding out no hope for an NCAA bid, and even if they did get in, I'm sure they'd be one and done. Probably need to run the table this season to have any chance, and at PSU, Nebraska, and Northwestern are gonna be tough. Not to mention Michigan in the finale.

Jackson injury gutted them. His versatility opens up things for everyone. Also, not having a backup for Cowan was a major recruiting gaffe.

With Jackson and a healthy Cekovsky, this is an NCAA team, but I think NIT is their only hope this year. That's okay though, if Cheka gets back healthy, they could make a run in the NIT.

Right now, I'm just crossing my fingers that Bruno and Jackson both come back next year. If so, they could be a very solid team. And, if Turge can convince Lecque to take his eligibility now and come to Maryland, rather than waiting to see if Kentucky offers (which is what my daughter's friend tells me he is doing) the Terps could have something special next season.

26 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Turg will get a pass because of the injuries. But he's not getting the best from the guys he has out there. That's on him.

Turg's a decent GM and a terrible game day coach. I don't know if any one does this in the NCAA, but he ought to make himself the recruiter/CEO HC and then hire the best Xs and Os assistant coach he can to design plays and call games for him.

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

Turg's a decent GM and a terrible game day coach. I don't know if any one does this in the NCAA, but he ought to make himself the recruiter/CEO HC and then hire the best Xs and Os assistant coach he can to design plays and call games for him.

Been saying for the past 3-4 years that he needs an offensive assistant to design and run their sets. Turge is a very good recruiter, and solid defensively, it's the offensive sets that tend to bog his teams down.

The injuries were huge in last night's game. Penn St just owned them inside. With Jackson and Cheka, I believe they take that one. 

I like when Huerter plays loose and doesn’t think. Sort of like street ball. He’s better when he’s not regimented or doesn’t think. 

Good to see Checko back. Looked rusty. 

Morsell is is gaining more confidence every game. He keeps working hard, he’ll be a good player.

I’m giving Turd-geon a pass because of injuries, but they have to be better next year or he needs to go. He’s done basically nothing of note and to me we’re barely above average with the talent he’s brought in.

Nice relaxing win today. Never in doubt.

• Like 1

Agreed pj, nice to sit back, relax, and enjoy a Terps b-ball game for once. 

I really think this group performs better offensively whe they play at pace. Huerter, Cowan, Morsell, and even Wiley look at ease in the open court. Hitting some 3's sure helped out too. Unfortunately, with how thin they are on the bench, an open game could lead to problems with fouls and fatigue. That's why I've already cashed in on this year, and am looking forward to next. Add Sticks, Wiggins and Ayala, and not lose anyone other than the pending graduates, and Turge will have a deep team with the athleticism to speed the game up to their advantage, I believe. Just like MSU did to Purdue yesterday second half.

• Like 1

HUGE game for the boys tonight. Cekovsky back, going against the big surprise team in the B1G this year. Nebraska has only one loss at home this season.

Still think the Terps are on the outside looking in, but this would be a major road win. Win out, make a nice run in the B1G tourney, and who knows?

Huerter, Cowan, and Wiley gotta keep up the hot shooting, and the guys will have to stay cool on road, and hope to get positive minutes from the bigs to get a win. Interested to see how Turge game plans tonight.