Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The end of the men's game last night was brutal. The whole game was ugly, but they completely blew it at the end with ridiculous mistakes, especially when Morsell (I think) inbounded the ball with a weak pass, then caught up to it like a foot from who he passed it to, and tried to tap it to him. There were no defenders anywhere near. I don't think I've ever seen that. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Hot three point shooting to start.

Must win today.

Must win against one of the best teams in the country is a tall order. I wouldn't go that far, but a win today will be huge for NCAA possibilities. Especially with an undermanned squad.

Still sore from not getting Moses. Bad loss on the recruiting front for Turge.

Big difference between these teams is depth. Maryland just doesn't have the horses, especially when their bigs get into foul trouble. Losing Jackson killed this team. Wiley and Nickens have such poor basketball IQs, and Obi and Tomaic are a big step down in talent when they have to play. 

That's why losing out on Moses is so big. If Bruno and Jackson both leave after this year, Terps will only have Tomaic, Bender, and the freshman Smith. Herard will be eligible second semester, but he has been a disappointment so far in his career, so I'm not expecting much.

Would be nice to ink one more top recruit, and have Jackson and Bruno back next year. Then, Turgeon would have some pieces to work with.

This year? NIT or bust! 

I'm convinced Jackson and Fernando are both coming back. Jackson might not get drafted if he leaves and Fernando doesn't have any offensive game other than posting his defender and hoping to make a hook shot. He is a second round draft pick at best.

Team stopped making shots in the second half.

Terps played tough last night, but if Cheka is out for any extended time, this season is pretty much over.

The more I watch, the more I can't believe how bad B1G basketball officiating is. I think Obi got called for standing too close to somebody, and Haas should've been called for 3 seconds a half dozen times.

The core of Cowan, Huerter, Bruno, and Morsell is terrific, but they get almost no help. Turgeon needs to find another big, and Morsell needs to shoot  2500 jumpers and 3-pointers every day this offseason. 

I really liked the way they battled, but, man, are they undermanned.