Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yep. Regardless of how you feel about all the different unis, they are a great recruiting tool. Us young folks love them.

Yeah, I'm in my mid 30's and think some of these uniforms are ridiculous. However, I understand how much the kids coming in love them. The more outrageous and hideous they are, the more the kids seem to love them. And for that reason, I say keep them coming.

Yeah, I'm in my mid 30's and think some of these uniforms are ridiculous. However, I understand how much the kids coming in love them. The more outrageous and hideous they are, the more the kids seem to love them. And for that reason, I say keep them coming.

I'm in my late 30's and I think these uniforms are great.  :)

Especially the "Maryland Pride" one.

Heck, I wish that was the main uniform.

While that is not the worst I've seen, I hate that we are the Oregon Ducks of the East. I like when teams have identity like Penn St, Bama, Notre Dame. You know their uniforms.

The Ducks? We should be so lucky. If we could consistently win half the games they do we'd be at least a mediocre program. As it stands, we're just an easy win wearing a funny uni.

That is one of the best looks I have ever seen Maryland football wear.  Really sharp.  If some variant of those unis was to become standard gear, I would be very happy.  

The all-red look, the "dark ages" 1990s era all-black look, and the old script "Terps" helmet style are pretty dull and uninspiring in my view.  While most of the one-shot unis are over the top for weekly use, an actual sharp looking black-and-gold-with-red-and-white look that pays tribute to something special about the state of Maryland really ought to be a standard look.

Great design.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-gary-williams-to-take-on-fundraising-role-for-university-of-maryland-20140910,0,4594349.story

Gary Williams to take on fundraising role for University of Maryland

Maryland announced Wednesday that former men's basketball coach and Hall of Famer Gary Williams will oversee fundraising projects geared toward improving and building athletic facilities at the university.

Williams, 69, has served as an assistant to Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson since he announced his retirement from coaching in May of 2011. In that role, Williams helped the athletic department with fundraising.

In his new role, as senior managing director for alumni relations and athletic development, Williams will be working with the entire university. Terms of his contract were not disclosed.

“There's nobody that I can think of at the University of Maryland that can do that [fundraising] better than Gary Williams,” Anderson said. “He's a great ambassador. He played here, he coached here, he's a Hall of Famer, he won a national championship.

Williams said that one of his first tasks will be helping raise funds for a new indoor football practice facility. Sources said that a number of plans are being considered, one being the possibility of renovating and enlarging Cole Field House to accommodate the kind of indoor football facility that exists or is being built at other Big Ten schools. A university source said that the facility would include space for academics and research.

“That can be something that can be done at Maryland,” Williams said. “We are considered a Northern school, and that can be X'd out as a factor in recruiting [if the football team has an indoor space to practice]. I think that's something that will be looked at pretty quickly.”

As for using Cole Field House as a potential site, Williams said: “If we go there, it keeps it in athletics as long as it's called Cole Field House. People know Cole Field House — people who've been a part of basketball, not just Maryland basketball. Right now, nobody has heard much of Cole since we moved out to Comcast Center [in 2002]. That would bring Cole back into the mix.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/deon-long-picks-up-lessons-in-long-journey-to-maryland-football-program/2014/09/11/3fe698be-3927-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html?tid=hpModule_a4df998e-86a7-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

Deon Long picks up lessons in long journey to Maryland football program

Deon Long was kicked out of a play after he committed a false start during a Maryland football preseason practice last month. It was a searingly hot day during a difficult month. The wide receiver was still calibrating his body after suffering a broken leg last year. He was trying to win the approval of his coaches, who had disciplined him in the past and weredemanding that he practice better. And he was coping with the temporary separation from his 9-month-old son, Deon Jr., who was living in the District with Long’s girlfriend while the senior was confined to training camp in College Park.

“He grew a lot when I was in camp,” Long said of his son. “He started standing up on his own, taking two steps on his own and saying some words . . . and you’re just sad because you can’t give him all the time that he deserves.”

Long walked off the field without argument.

He was able to push through the physical and mental crucible, simply because he has a talent for survival. No player on Maryland’s roster is as well-traveled as Long, who at the ripe age of 23 has already spent time at a military academy, junior college and three Football Bowl Subdivision schools — two of which will meet this Saturday when the Terrapins host West Virginia at Byrd Stadium.

How is this years Basketball class looking? I remember I heard a few months ago that they got 3 top 100 players in the class but idk if any of them pulled out.

One was kicked out before he enrolled.  trayvon reed.  He stole a candy bar, got caught by a copy, ran and maybe hit him or something.  So, they booted him right away.  He doesn't sound like a bad kid though.  He admitted it and he sort of freaked out (being away from home I guess), and it looks like he's going to sign with auburn.

the rest of them look good... just not sure its enough.

Hopefully they can put something together this season. They have been pretty poor since Gary left. I was looking at the recruiting page on ESPN and god damn a lot of schools take players right from under Maryland. Its crazy to think what Williams could have done with the program if he just played ball with the recruiting frenzy.  

I put a couple of Football teams above Maryland that I root for (Arkansas, Penn State, Marshall). But for Basketball the only team above Maryland that I root for is Arkansas.

Hopefully they can put something together this season. They have been pretty poor since Gary left. I was looking at the recruiting page on ESPN and god damn a lot of schools take players right from under Maryland. Its crazy to think what Williams could have done with the program if he just played ball with the recruiting frenzy.  

There was a good interview with him on ESPN 980, recruiting and why he didn't dip into the well...it's tied to this guy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/dc-assault-founder-curtis-malone-arrested-on-drug-trafficking-charges/2013/08/12/6cedeaf0-0382-11e3-a07f-49ddc7417125_story.html

• Like 1

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-09-11/sports/bal-five-star-de-byron-cowart-four-star-wr-ryan-davis-taking-official-visit-to-maryland-this-weekend-20140911_1_silvano-altamirano-evan-mulrooney-juwann-winfree

Five-star lineman, four-star wideout from Fla. taking official visit to Maryland this weekend

Two high-profile recruits will be in attendance when Maryland takes on West Virginia on Saturday in College Park.

Defensive endicon1.png Byron Cowart and wide receiver Ryan Davis are scheduled to take official visits to Maryland this weekend, a source confirmed.

Cowart, from Seffner, Fla., is ranked as the top player in the Class of 2015 by Rivals.com.

Davis, from St. Petersburg, Fla., is ranked a four-star prospect by Rivals.

Both were in town for Maryland's "Big Show" event earlier this summer and reportedly have spoken high of the Terps ever since.

Cowart and Davis have said Maryland is among the top five schools they are considering, although Cowart is reportedly more likely to end up somewhere like Oregon or Florida.

Either way, Cowart and Davis taking one of their five official visits to Maryland is a positive for the Terps, and Maryland will have a chance to improve its standing with both this weekend.

It wouldn't hurt either if the Terps put forth a good showing against West Virginia.