Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Good win at home vs. Indiana.  I think Indiana is kind of overrated, but anytime you get a win against a top 25 team that boosts the resume.

Scott has a nice post game.  I think our lack of 3 point shooting will eventually be our downfall.  Team always plays good defense though, Willard has brought a bulldog mentality.  

The men’s game last night was one I was looking forward to seeing how this team reacted. They come in on a strong run, against a team that is struggling, on the road, in a game they should win, no problem. Were they gonna be up to it? Had seen Turgeon teams turn in some clankers in similar situations, but the guys came out strong, and dusted off the Gophers early, and often. Nice to see how this team has battled back after Dec-early Jan swoon.

If they can go .500 over the last 8, they’ll win 20, and be a lock for the tournament. Quite an accomplishment with this roster, but Young has grown into a stellar leader, and the team plays hard every night. They get some shooters, and an athletic big, this team should be even more fun to watch next year. Just have to have that leader step up like Young has this season.

So, Kevin Willard has: become the first Maryland basketball coach to win their first 8 games. Led the team to their longest B1G home win streak (9). And, tied the team record for largest margin of victory by a Terrapins team in the B1G. Hopefully he’ll lead them to 20 wins in his first regular season, and a tournament bid also. A better start to his career at College Park than I could have hoped.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just want to give props to the lady Terps for coming back after getting thumped by Iowa, to smash Ohio St, and shut down transfer-girl Taylor Mikesell. Can only wonder at how good they could be if Mikesell and Reese had stayed. Both POY candidates for their respective teams…now.

Speaking of POY candidates, if you haven’t seen Caitlin Clark of Iowa play, you should, if you get the chance. Possibly the best pure shooter I’ve ever seen…man or woman. She drains 30 footers like layups. Tied EDD to fastest to 2000 points. Stone cold lock number #1 WNBA draft pick. She has a solid floor game too.

• Like 2

Still undefeated at home!  Really pulled away those final 7 minutes.  Hakim Hart has improved every year at College Park.  He brings a lot to this team.

If they can upset Purdue boy watch out, can perhaps play up to as high as a 5 seed.  Big 10 tournament is gonna be very interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Still undefeated at home!  Really pulled away those final 7 minutes.  Hakim Hart has improved every year at College Park.  He brings a lot to this team.

If they can upset Purdue boy watch out, can perhaps play up to as high as a 5 seed.  Big 10 tournament is gonna be very interesting.

Need to take at least 25% less 3 attempts. Williard is stuck there. Lack of debt means he can't sit guys when they are being dumb. 

If they can beat Purdue that would be amazing.