Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Looking ahead to the 2024 recruiting class, I already see several prospects that have a "warm" status.  According to 247, Derik Queen a 6'9 center from Baltimore, who plays at Montverde Academy in Florida, is likely to sign with Maryland.  Ranked #15 nationally.

Derik Queen, Montverde Academy, Center (BK) (247sports.com)

My #1 hopeful recruit is Daquan Davis, PG from St. John's in DC.  We need a high-powered PG who can run the offense and score when necessary, a la Anthony Cowan/Greivis Vasquez.  Terps seem high on his list.

Daquan Davis, St. John's, Point Guard (247sports.com)

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Looking ahead to the 2024 recruiting class, I already see several prospects that have a "warm" status.  According to 247, Derik Queen a 6'9 center from Baltimore, who plays at Montverde Academy in Florida, is likely to sign with Maryland.  Ranked #15 nationally.

Derik Queen, Montverde Academy, Center (BK) (247sports.com)

My #1 hopeful recruit is Daquan Davis, PG from St. John's in DC.  We need a high-powered PG who can run the offense and score when necessary, a la Anthony Cowan/Greivis Vasquez.  Terps seem high on his list.

Daquan Davis, St. John's, Point Guard (247sports.com)

Yeah, from what I’ve heard, Queen is a lock. Davis would be a great get. Ballhandlers/distributors are huge in the college game. Willard, though, seems to like to have size and length on the perimeter, and guys who can “do it all.” The three he is bringing in this class fit that description.

Hakim will be missed, but the guys coming in can bring what he brought, and more offense/better shooting. I liked Hart, he seems like a quality individual. Wish him well wherever he ends up.

• Thanks 1

Big win girls. Little shaky first half, but woke up at halftime, and flat bombed a good team.

Now get ready for the big one. South Carolina is the no doubt #1, and deservedly so. They have great size, and are a terrific team. Terps gave them a good run early in the year for almost 3 quarters, but Diamond did not play. Play like they did in the second half today, and they can beat anybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Even with all the craziness of the men’s tournament, if the Terp ladies can pull this off, it would be the shocker of all March Madness. Most people have given the Natty to S. Carolina already. I would just love to walk around here for the next month with my Maryland gear on, and my dick out!

Oh, have I said lately how much I despise Dawn Staley? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So girls came out firing, and took the game to SC. Staley gets butt hurt by a tough call early in the second quarter, and starts barking at the refs. Since, there have been 7 fouls called. Not one of those on SC. 

Easy to be the undefeated best team in the nation when you get all the calls.

Fouls first quarter:

Maryland 4

S Carolina 5

Fouls second quarter:

Maryland: 9

S Carolina 2

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, SC is huge but some of these calls are just flat out bull****

Second foul on Sellers was a joke, and second on Diamond less than a minute later was bad. Give Maryland’s two most important players 2 fouls each early in the 2nd quarter. SMFH.

Worst part being the exact same plays on the other end of the floor go uncalled.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Final tally on fouls:

Maryland 26

S Carolina 12

The 12 fouls called against SC are the most called against them this tournament.

I don’t want to take away from the SC players, because they are huge, talented, and deep. SC, though, has become the Bama of women’s basketball. Staley gets to pick and choose who she wants. Recruiting is easy for them. Also, I feel officials get caught up in thinking that SC is so good and dominant, that they allow them far more leeway than other teams. 

Maryland girls put up a good fight last night, and should be proud of what they accomplished. Funny to think that the star player on two other Elite 8 teams transferred from Maryland, and a 3rd is on the Va Tech team. Can’t imagine how good Maryland could have been this year with Owusu, Reese, and Mikesell.

Congrats to Brenda and the girls on a very good season!

Now, I hope Caitlin Clark drops a half century on SC Friday night.

Also, think SC, Iowa, and Maryland were the 3 best teams left in final 8. Shame only one gets to make it to the championship game.

Edited by Long n Left