Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope that the NCAA can figure out the coronavirus situation in regards to basketball.  I don't think I can handle another year without March Madness.

I don't have the Big 10 channel anymore cuz I'm trying to save money, but hopefully I can catch some Terps games on ESPN/CBS etc.

• Thanks 1

Terps open with Old Dominion at home tomorrow.  I don't think the team will fall off as hard as most think.  Obviously losing Smith and Cowan hurts, they were roughly 75% of our offense last year.  Marial is a big question mark.  Can he produce offensively?  Obviously with his length he should guard the rim and rebound pretty well.  Ayala needs to be the primary ball handler and distributor.  I'd love to see him shoot better from beyond the arc as well.  Wiggins needs to step up and be the guy.  He has the skills, I think sometimes he lacks the confidence and assertiveness.  He is a smooth player that is a better spot up shooter, but he has handles for sure.  The two transfers Galin Smith and Jairus Hamilton can hopefully contribute.  Smith will match up against the opposing team's PF most of the time.  Some good bulk down low.  Hamilton was a top 100 recruit before attending Boston College.  Morsell adds valuable senior leadership.  He will motivate and keep this team focused.  Scott should be improved, I like his game.  Not expecting much from the two freshmen Dockery and Smart, but they provide depth in the backcourt.  They will get some run along with Hart.

This team will either be one of the last teams in or one of the first four out.  I'm optimistic they will end up an 8 seed.  They have a really good class coming in next year, hopefully they can lay the groundwork this year.

• Thanks 1

Big question is if Dockery or Smart can make the step up to major college basketball. One thing that is evident after two years, is that Ayala is not a playmaker. He can give you some primary ball handling, but his vision and passing are below par for a point, and he makes too many mistakes there. He is a true combo, with good spot up 3 effectiveness. Terps gonna need a true ball handling playmaker to give them solid minutes in the backcourt this season, or I believe they will struggle.

That's cool about James Graham, I didn't even know incoming freshman could graduate high school early and enroll to play. First time I've ever heard of that. I'm assuming he will lose a year of eligibility- meaning this will be his freshman year. Interested to see what he brings to the team.

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

That's cool about James Graham, I didn't even know incoming freshman could graduate high school early and enroll to play. First time I've ever heard of that. I'm assuming he will lose a year of eligibility- meaning this will be his freshman year. Interested to see what he brings to the team.

From what I read, he won't lose a year of eligibility from doing this. Special covid rules they put in this year.....so basically, the Terps get their best recruit from next season half a season early to get even more experienced. This is a huge win/win

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's cool, thanks I didn't know that.

Not that it matters, but I am not sure where Ermann gets his player ratings.  Both Rivals and 247 have Reese ranked above Graham, and Rivals has Cornish ranked above him too. ESPN only has Reese in the top 100.  

They will all be amazing players though :)  

Big win for the girls last night, after stumbling the day before. Gonna be a mixed bag with them, considering their three best players are sophomores and a freshman, and their other three are transfers. Take some time to gel, but Reese looks like the real deal, and Miller has boatloads of talent. If the two transfers, Benzan and Bibby, keep knocking down threes like yesterday, then they’ll be a tough out. 

Guys look solid, but, man does Turg need to recruit a big, or put about 100 pounds on Chol.

Hakim Hart! 33 points today, 11/13 from the field, 6/7 from the line. Wow, didn't think he had that type of offensive game in him. He didn't show a whole lot last year. Maybe I overlooked him. Terps are 4-0, game against Clemson on 12/9 will be the first real test.