Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

12 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Missed free throws is why we lost. 10-21. 

Poor shooting period, outside of Donta, who was unstoppable the second half. Think they’ve found their “go to” guy. Props to Reese Mona for coming on and picking the team up in the second half. Infused the energy that was missing until then. 

Purdue lost focus second half, thinking they’d coast to a win, and a better team would have gotten them, but, at least, this Maryland team showed some heart and tenacity. They’ll eke out a couple wins against teams they shouldn’t beat, but I’ll be surprised if they end up over .500.

I am always curious if these highly ranked recruits that Locksley is so good at getting, talk to the players who transfer from his program. The way the mess of a shortened/cancelled/whatever'd season went. Seems like he runs a undisciplined one. 

Good on him getting these players.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

24 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I am always curious if these highly ranked recruits that Locksley is so good at getting, talk to the players who transfer from his program. The way the mess of a shortened/cancelled/whatever'd season went. Seems like he runs a undisciplined one. 

Good on him getting these players.

Many of the players  who have transferred this off-season are doing so because they would be in for a battle to retain their positions next year....and they know it.

I expect more transfers as the talent level increases.

29 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Many of the players  who have transferred this off-season are doing so because they would be in for a battle to retain their positions next year....and they know it.

I expect more transfers as the talent level increases.

Didn't they lose one of their better OL to Pitt recently? 

Yup, they’ve come out with the energy they lacked early in the Purdue game. Playing much more determined on the defensive end. Big lack is ball handler/passer. Glad to see Smart getting more time, maybe he can be that guy. Made a nice drive and dish bringing the D to him for a splash 3 by Hamilton. Terps need more of that.

• Like 2

This is a great game. Ayala is playing his best game of the year. Guys are moving the ball and playing with confidence. Limiting turnovers, cleaning up the glass. Praying they can win these final 6 minutes and pick up a huge road win.

Did I mention guys are shooting the lights out?!?! Hamilton also having his best game of the year.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

Fantastic effort from these guys. Don’t forget to mention Wiggins either. Hasn’t looked for the spot up 3, but been taking it to the rack, playing solid defense, and rebounding. Superb all around game. 

They play this hard game in, game out, they’ve got a chance if their shots fall. Massive win for these kids. Hopefully give them the shot of confidence they’ll need in this tough conference. Great job gents!

• Like 2

THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

That Donta Scott dunk though...and that little under the basket stop and pivot for the layup. Came up gigantic down the stretch. 

I believe this may be the game that inspires Ayala and Wiggins to start playing as well as I know they can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I think he can play but it's all about playing time and he was getting very little.

Gonna be some more transfers I suspect.

Yeah, that one doesn’t surprise me at all. With, possibly, two of the best high school LBs in the country coming in, playing time was gonna be hard for him to come by.

Guys held tight by shooting lights out from 3 for most of the game, but with Morsell going out, and lack of inside presence, don’t think this ends well. The difference between these two teams is more than the players. Michigan is a much better coached team. 

Also, did Turgeon even recruit Hunter Dickinson? You’ve got a glaring weakness inside, and one of the best freshman bigs in the country comes right out of your backyard, and goes to a rival 600 miles away?