Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Layman showing his all around game, inside and out.  Our size down low is quite imposing.  Trimble still has amazing handles, no surprise.

Obviously not a huge challenge with Mount St. Mary's but team looked sharp.  Would like to see us guard the 3 point shot better.

Horrible showing by UMD today vs State.

Punter can't kick beyond 20 yards, no running game, and both QB can't complete passes (to Terps, that is).

Finally, ridiculous decision near end of first half in throwing ball, again, when could just run out half.

This season can't end early enough.

Oh my science! I swear there was a kid in my fraternity that didn't even play for our D1-AA team who had a better arm and decision making than the garbage we are putting out there at QB. How is Plank not able to buy us a reasonable QB? I refuse to believe that there isn't a QB in this country who is both better than what we currently have, and willing to come play here. It really seems absolutely ****ing impossible. I question whether our QB has the IQ to attend general public schools without being in special classes. Ok, I'll say it, I straight up think the guy is retarded.

Click to read the rest

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25374048/texans-coach-bill-obrien-interested-in-university-of-maryland-opening

Texans coach Bill O'Brien interested in University of Maryland opening

Texans embattled coach Bill O'Brien, perhaps headed to a showdown with general manager Rick Smith this offseason as ownership mulls a change in its power structure, is very intrigued by the opening at the University of Maryland, according to several sources close to the school, and his interest in the job is not lost on the school's primary boosters.

O'Brien, who had a successful but brief college head-coaching stint with Penn State before taking the Texans job, coached previously at Maryland as an assistant and, according to sources close to the school, prominent Maryland alumnus Kevin Plank, founder and CEO of Under Armour, and other key figures in the hiring process are aware of O'Brien's interest.

The Maryland job is more attractive than many on the outside perceive, especially given Plank's financial and emotional commitment to the school and his desire to turn it into a Big Ten power, including a plan to build state-of-the-art training facilities.

O'Brien's perception as having a difficult demeanor, and of leaving jobs quickly, has not made the prospect of a return to College Park very popular among some alumni -- though his optics generally fit what Plank has told confidants he is looking for: a young (under-50), bright offensive mind who could run an attractive, pro-style offense.

Several rising collegiate coaches are very interested in the job as well.

Former Maryland star quarterback Frank Reich, the Chargers' offensive coordinator, is viewed by many as an elite candidate for the vacancy.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Greatly looking forward to the game tomorrow.  Being a fan of both teams, it will be fun to watch.  Would've been a little cooler if Georgetown had won against Radford - that was a really bad loss.  The Hoyas need this win more than Maryland to help their resume so I might be cheering for them a bit more.

• Like 1