Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Three doesn't divide evenly into 25 so that just made my brain hurt. 

I assume it's like the NBA 3 point contest. 5 racks of balls, 5 balls each rack. 4 regular balls and 1 red, white, and blue ball per rack. Regular balls are worth 1 point. RW&B balls are worth 2.

• Like 2

"The draw to return for one more season? According to his brother, it was playing alongside future pros and contending for a national championship. Maryland is projected as a top-five team with Layman back in the fold."

So just how close to declaring for the NBA Draft was #Terps junior Jake Layman? http://bit.ly/1FS1gJX 

Says kind of the opposite of what many people were speculating, including myself. The flux of talent on next year's squad was an incentive for him to come back, along with his late season struggles.

Click to read the rest

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-diamond-stone-decision-to-play-at-maryland-20150415-story.html

Diamond Stone's father details why his son decided to play at Maryland

Diamond Stone's decision to choose Maryland over Wisconsin, Connecticut and Oklahoma State was influenced by a "bevy" of factors, not the least of which was a before-and-after presentation showing the transformation of former Terps center Alex Len from a skinny Ukrainian teenager to a player taken No. 5 in the 2013 NBA draft.

While Robert Stone said Wednesday that he and his wife, Cynthia, were impressed with the diversity of the student body in College Park as well as the proximity of the campus to thriving African-American communities, the presentation played a big role for their son, ranked the No. 2 high school center in the country.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Big piece in The Movement

The next big commitment that could have a huge impact on a program's recruiting is Dwayne Haskins Jr., who I think is headed to Maryland. And if Haskins picks the Terps, it will be a huge get in terms of recruiting other athletes. He's one of the biggest name quarterbacks in the history of the state of Maryland (in fact he's the highest rated ever) and he is very popular among in-state recruits. Throw in that his cousin is four-star Jovani Haskins, who could help him recruit New Jersey if he follows suit, and "The Movement" as Maryland puts it, will be in full effect.

The Terps need Haskins as badly as any recruit since Stefon Diggs and if they get him, watch out for them as a surprise recruiting force in the Big Ten this year and in 2017.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH