Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Denver vs the DMV

G.A.C.O.L.B.

The house I bought (and eventually sold) was "home". I rented it at first from a lady I'd worked with for years. It was almost exactly the house I spent my HS years in, same carpet even. I walked in & said, "Love it". I miss it to this very day. It was MINE!

Out of everywhere I've been I think the best place to be rich would be LA. Yes, it's massive. Yes, the traffic is ludicrous. But I knew someone who was on a network tv show that went into syndication and she lived in one of those houses in the hills near, I think, Studio City. I mean, the place was about the size of my house in Texas but probably cost $4 million. But you go on that balcony and look at the view and just think "This is what Manifest Destiny was all about......" I've had a few "sunsets on balconies in LA" moments that are pretty extraordinary.

I have a few friends that live in Vegas. One of them became some kind of "fixer" in the entertainment industry and lives the most extraordinary life of an illiterate person I've ever met. Aside from that, they all look ten years older than they are and seem to be taking HGH to look even that young.

Vegas is bad but Reno is worse. I had some cousins move to Reno and they immediately aged 25 years. Nevada should have a fence bulit around it and be turned into a large nuclear waste dump.

Out of everywhere I've been I think the best place to be rich would be LA. Yes, it's massive. Yes, the traffic is ludicrous. But I knew someone who was on a network tv show that went into syndication and she lived in one of those houses in the hills near, I think, Studio City. I mean, the place was about the size of my house in Texas but probably cost $4 million. But you go on that balcony and look at the view and just think "This is what Manifest Destiny was all about......" I've had a few "sunsets on balconies in LA" moments that are pretty extraordinary.

I have a few friends that live in Vegas. One of them became some kind of "fixer" in the entertainment industry and lives the most extraordinary life of an illiterate person I've ever met. Aside from that, they all look ten years older than they are and seem to be taking HGH to look even that young.

Vegas is bad but Reno is worse. I had some cousins move to Reno and they immediately aged 25 years. Nevada should have a fence bulit around it and be turned into a large nuclear waste dump.

The climate in San Diego is just ridiculous. No bugs, no pollen, no rain, and it's always 72 degrees and sunny. MTV cribs was always awesome in San Diego.. All the mansions had incredible outdoor bedrooms etc.

So, you're a grass is always greener guy huh? Cause Denver has a lot going for it: beautiful scenery, no humidity, sunshine, no rain, places to park, mountains, cheaper to live in, and best craft beer in the country.

Of course, east coast has great things too, but you seem to be sort of a pessimist man.

To my silence, this post got me thinking. Ive always prided myself on being able to adapt and excel in any environment (honest to God, and as a very select few of you know, that includes some really ****ed up environments). So yeah, I really, really dont want to turn into a grumpy, bitter, ****y old man. This week, I'm just trying to live, not make comparisons and just make the best of my situation. I'll be back in here sometime over the weekend. Really appreciate all the replies though.

I don't know anyone who's lived in Vegas and actually liked it.  Even when you visit there, the appeal wears off after about 3 days.

To my silence, this post got me thinking. Ive always prided myself on being able to adapt and excel in any environment (honest to God, and as a very select few of you know, that includes some really ****ed up environments). So yeah, I really, really dont want to turn into a grumpy, bitter, ****y old man. This week, I'm just trying to live, not make comparisons and just make the best of my situation. I'll be back in here sometime over the weekend. Really appreciate all the replies though.

Once you meet "her", Denver will be a lot better.

I've got plenty of vacation hours saved up and need somewhere to go. We should plan a time for me to come out there. Of course with my luck I'd be a victim in one of the 10 mass shootings that happen there a year but hey I'm ready to take the bull by the horns and accept my fate.

Just to clarify, I live in SD and its really no more expensive than DC. Rent is actually more affordable from what I've seen. The COL is only astronomical if you are looking at buying a SFH within blocks of the beach or living on Coronado and some parts of La Jolla.

Coming from inside the beltway, there isn't really any sticker shock when moving to SD

Btw, our favorite restaurant here in ATL has a location in Denver. It's called Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, it can be pricey depending on what you order, but the absolute best food & service I can think of. (also where Monte Coleman's son works,(our local location)...so there's that, LOL)

The address is 7520 E. Progress Place, Greenwood Village. Phone # is 303-740-9449

The Salmon Alexander is my fave, hubby likes the Texas Redfish Pontchartrain. We buy their gumbo & etoufee by the gallon & freeze them with the FoodSaver.

Happy Munchin'!

Btw, our favorite restaurant here in ATL has a location in Denver. It's called Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, it can be pricey depending on what you order, but the absolute best food & service I can think of. (also where Monte Coleman's son works,(our local location)...so there's that, LOL)

The address is 7520 E. Progress Place, Greenwood Village. Phone # is 303-740-9449

The Salmon Alexander is my fave, hubby likes the Texas Redfish Pontchartrain. We buy their gumbo & etoufee by the gallon & freeze them with the FoodSaver.

Happy Munchin'!

How far would that be from Marietta?  My cousin lives there and we have been talking about hitting up I-85 and heading down to visit for a while.  We want to take my daughter to the aquarium there.

Archived