Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey Sally Jenkins, NFL linemen rarely pick up their quarterbacks

Boss_Hogg

Let us reiterate what Jenkins had to say in her latest hit piece:

"Any head coaching candidate has to be concerned about the locker room bad blood we all saw evidence of this season. Griffin sat on the ground after sacks and no one helped him up."

Per USA Today's Chris Chase:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/rg3-sacks-redskins-linemen-help-tom-brady-peyton-manning/

"The assertion that offensive linemen helping lift quarterbacks is a barometer of locker room feelings got us wondering about the relationships other NFL quarterbacks have with their o-lines. If the RG3 situation was “very telling,” perhaps we could get a window into the way other teams feel about their quarterbacks. First, we started with RG3’s gunslinging peers."

"In all, we looked at 20 random quarterback sacks of different quarterbacks and in 19 of them, the quarterbacks got up without the aid of their offensive line. (In a second replay of Eli Manning, he accepted the hand of a lineman.) On three occasions, an offensive lineman halfheartedly offered help, but was rebuffed. Our (admittedly) unscientific look showed that 5% of sacks end with a teammate helping up a quarterback. That’s less than the 12% of times RG3 has been helped after sacks this season."

Evidently, the San Francisco 49ers can’t stand Colin Kaepernick.

screen-shot-2013-11-26-at-9.37.05-pm-1.p

And the Seahawks have zero respect for Russell Wilson.

screen-shot-2013-11-26-at-5.14.29-pm.png

Christian Ponder can’t get any love either. The o-line clearly wants Josh Freeman more.

screen-shot-2013-11-26-at-5.15.53-pm-1.p

And what about Tom Brady? They just left him on the ground!

screen-shot-2013-11-26-at-4.59.23-pm.png

You get the point.

Where was all this anti-RG3 information last season?  Its amazing how all this comes up when the team has a losing season.

I often ask myself the same thing. 

Everyone wants a reason to explain how bad the season went instead of just taking their lumps and looking ahead to 2014. 

Of all the stuff I've heard, this is just something to pile on RGIII. Go around the league and ask every single QB do they always get helped off the ground by their teammates and I would guarantee that everyone of them would say, "sometimes they do and sometimes they don't."

i kind of hope Sally trolls these boards and reads how much we all hate her.  

I don't know her all that well, but from what I've heard, she's pretty credible. Now I don't agree with this business about RGIII and his linemen not helping him up. But some of the other things she's reported could very well be true.

And do you really think a reporter is in the business to be popular?

I don't know her all that well, but from what I've heard, she's pretty credible. Now I don't agree with this business about RGIII and his linemen not helping him up. But some of the other things she's reported could very well be true.

Her credibility should be called into question with the whole Lance Armstrong fiasco.

She lost a lot of her credibility by staking her reputation on Lance Armstrong being clean and even lobbied time and again for him, criticizing people who thought he was cheating. 

Where was all this anti-RG3 information last season?  Its amazing how all this comes up when the team has a losing season.

This is one of the more popular talking points that have surfaced lately.  The presumption is that all of a sudden people started making stuff up about Griffin.  There is another possibility....Robert didn't handle adversity as well as he handled success.  It does happen from time to time.

I consider myself to be an Griffin fan and last year I would often comment that there was not a single player in the league that I would trade straight up for Griffin.  Not one.  He clearly did not have as "flawless" of an 2013 both on and off the field in my opinion. 

That being said....I have never seen a group of fans so darn sensitive and protective of a player.  I certainly hope he has thicker skin than many of his fans. 

Her connection with actively spreading lies and propaganda on Lance Armstrong's behalf is legitimate. She was a central advocate on the side of lies in one of the biggest sports scandals in American history.

For her to use "unnamed or anonymous sources" in her articles legitimately calls into question her credibility and at a minimum she was complicit in spreading lies previously even if she did not know they were lies at the time.

At best she is a bad judge of character and information and at worst she is a paid propaganda tool actively spreading misinformation and lies.

I hope these justified criticisms get louder every time she writes a piece in the post. Jeff Bezos, the amazon CEO, purchased the Post for a quarter billion of his personal money. Someone with his business acumen and integrity probably does not want to be associated with this type of journalism. The coverage of the Redskins is probably amongst the most profitable and valuable portions of his investment in the Post and I hope he takes steps to protect it.

We need a new rule around here among ourselves. Enforced and adhered to by ourselves. 

Forthwith, under ANY circumstance, we shall no longer enable either Jenkins or Wise's hate by posting ANYTHING, link, full article, even the mere mention of either name in a post; in this place of ours again. 

Do I have a second ! ?

Hail. 

While this is a message board its main purpose is to talk, im sure if she saw how much we hated her, she would not mind.  that's just their business.  I think her not seeing her name would be what makes her upset.  if you ask me, id say she without a doubt reads this board after every article.

We need a new rule around here among ourselves. Enforced and adhered to by ourselves. 

Forthwith, under ANY circumstance, we shall no longer enable either Jenkins or Wise's hate by posting ANYTHING, link, full article, even the mere mention of either name in a post; in this place of ours again. 

Do I have a second ! ?

Hail. 

Smartest post that I have read on this board in a while.

Archived