Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Life Magazine Pictures of 1938 Redskins

RedskinsFan44

Thanks for sharing RF44.

I didn't know we had ever lost any of our alums in military conflict.

The league first cracked the million dollar mark in combined revenue in 1938; while player salaries were already 10 times the national average.

Turk Edwards looks like he was beast of an OT for his day.

Another cool pic of the NFL starting QBs from 1961.

Norm Snead (Redskins) and Sonny Jurgenson (Philly) are in the pic as are several HOF'ers.

http://life.time.com/culture/how-to-take-a-group-portrait-of-14-nfl-quarterbacks-on-their-day-off/?iid=lf%7Crelated

Wow that color is beautiful for 52 years. Looks like it could have been shot yesterday.

My grandpa gave me a TON of sporting news magazines from the late 30's and early 40s about a year ago.  I have to find a high quality scanner that is big enough to accept and scan them into pdfs and then I'll share them with every one.  They are very frail right now and I'll probably only get one shot to do it right, but there is a lot of cool stuff from both championship seasons with Sammy.

I'll probably go to a kinkos in a few months and knock that out.

My grandpa gave me a TON of sporting news magazines from the late 30's and early 40s about a year ago.  I have to find a high quality scanner that is big enough to accept and scan them into pdfs and then I'll share them with every one.  They are very frail right now and I'll probably only get one shot to do it right, but there is a lot of cool stuff from both championship seasons with Sammy.

I'll probably go to a kinkos in a few months and knock that out.

That would be VERY cool. 

Archived