Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there a bigger sore loser in the NFL than Tom Brady?

Switchgear

LMAO. If that horrible call had been made against us I doubt if the OP would have the same sentiment had our players complained about

it.

In his presser Tom took the high road and said he made a bad throw and said there were no excuses.

Tom Brady. One of the G.O.A.T. Why you mad?

The NFL ITSELF admitted it was the wrong call and apologized to the Patriots.  How is that the right call?

They admitted that the Jets should have been flagged for the same thing, not that the refs made the wrong call in that situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/27/nfl-admits-jets-should-have-been-flagged-for-field-goal-push/

His momentum was pulling him away from the underthrown ball. It doesn't matter that the PI started near where the ball ended up, what matter is Gronk ran passed that spot, PI or not. He wouldn't have gotten back.

If Gronk was trying for the ball and Kuechly interfered with him, they probably would have upheld it. But it looked like he was giving up. Kuechly was in his face and he just watched the INT happen. It has as much to do with what his body is doing as it does with where he's positioned. And he was just standing there. There was contact, the LB had his arms around him, but he wasn't getting bear hugged, he could have at least lunged for it.

He wasn't getting bear-hugged?

So it's only interference if it's a bear hug? Also, I view it as he was pretty much getting bear hugged. Actually, more of a bear-mauling.

The sad thing is Gronkowski should have taken a dive. Then the original call (thrown flag) would have stood. Which is pretty pathetic really.

He wasn't getting bear-hugged?

So it's only interference if it's a bear hug? Also, I view it as he was pretty much getting bear hugged. Actually, more of a bear-mauling.

The sad thing is Gronkowski should have taken a dive. Then the original call (thrown flag) would have stood. Which is pretty pathetic really.

Bear hug is when you squeeze someone. Kuechly was boxing him out. Still illegal, but it plays into the fact that Gronk didn't bother to fight for the ball.

They admitted that the Jets should have been flagged for the same thing, not that the refs made the wrong call in that situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/27/nfl-admits-jets-should-have-been-flagged-for-field-goal-push/

If they admitted that a flag should have been thrown when one wasn't, then by definition they admitted the wrong call was made on the field.  It's not rocket science.

If they admitted that a flag should have been thrown when one wasn't, then by definition they admitted the wrong call was made on the field.  It's not rocket science.

They admitted that the refs should have penalized the Jets earlier in the game, not that the call against the Pats at the end of the game was wrong. That's what he's talking about, he was claiming that the NFL admitted that the call against the Pats was the wrong call, which they never did.

If a ref misses a holding call early in the game that doesn't mean they can't call holding at any other point of the game because "Anything goes now"

It's not rocket science.

They admitted that the refs should have penalized the Jets earlier in the game, not that the call against the Pats at the end of the game was wrong. That's what he's talking about, he was claiming that the NFL admitted that the call against the Pats was the wrong call, which they never did.

If a ref misses a holding call early in the game that doesn't mean they can't call holding at any other point of the game because "Anything goes now"

It's not rocket science.

You know, as I read this I'm more convinced now than ever it was PI. That ball was PROBABLY uncatchable, but the defender still cannot impede the progress of the receiver to the ball ESPECIALLY when he is not even looking at the ball. If NO  defenders were in the way, you don't think the receiver would have made at least a play on that ball? I do admit ..he never would have caught it as he would have had to go through 38...but its still illiegal to impede that progress...would have been a crappy call for the Panthers but the right call.

822649524.gif?1384835839

Look where Gronk is when his posture shifts and he clearly intends to come back to the ball, compare that to where the ball actually lands, and note Gronks height and wingspan.  Could he have caught it with that defender there?  Probably not but that's not "uncatchable" as he certainly could have made an attempt at the ball.  What prevented him from doing so was the defenders contact not allowing him to come back towards the ball.  

That should have been a penalty and the Pats have every right to be upset that not only did they not call it but they picked up the flag after it was correctly thrown.

Brady had a right to be mad. I can see the no PI call but what about illegal contact or holding. That's a major call and could have implications with playoff seeding down the road for NE. We just had a no call in the endzone on Reed that cost us a game and I was blowing a gasket too for an hour or so after that game.

Archived