Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reeducation Training - Tell Me What Team We Will Beat This Year

Diehard Otis

This thread may get me into trouble.  I don't care.

Before The Season started, I read plenty of posts & posters expressing their genuine optimism during the week leading up to our Home Opener.  That was positive.  I liked seeing Skins fans expressing confidence.

Now after an upset loss, folks here have been licking their wounds & crying into their beers.  It's been a day, so it should be out of our systems.  

Now, if Washington is really the Contender so many of us believe The Redskins to be, then I want to see who you have us BEATING.  Not the team we might beat.  Not a squad we could beat.  Name em.  Specifically name the team(s) that you know we'll BEAT!

[Fellow Skins Fans, my belief is that this will do our individual & collective psyches some good.  See, I live in Ravens/Skins territory, but it's more of a Ravens stronghold.  And for all the crap they talk about their team, there isn't even any doubt that they're gonna dust visiting Cleveland this week.  That's an elementary expectation.  See, Skins Fans used to have this kind of confidence once upon a time.  Without getting stuck on that, let's turn the corner.  The time has come to start having a positive expectation.  I think our Organization has earned that level of belief]

So since I'm up, this is what I've got.

Washington will go to Green Bay this weekend & BEAT the Packers.  RGIII didn't work that hard for nothin'.  That Monday Night loss will be avenged.  I believe in him & I believe that.

Washington will BEAT The Hated Rival.  Times have changed.  They gotta get up for US.

Washington will BEAT New York.  We have the Matchup Advantage.

Washington will BEAT Philadelphia.  We WILL avenge Monday Night.

Washington will BEAT Detroit.  Our Program is Superior.

Washington will BEAT San Francisco.  We have BEATEN the last three Super Bowl Champions.  We will defeat these punks.

So tell me, who will we BEAT?

The only team that worries me is the Broncos.  They are stacked.

The 9ers can be beat.  If we can shut down the R/O from the eagles (both teams equally exhausted) we can handle theirs.  We need great secondary play to get them.  Rob will be in good form by then (fingers crossed)

I'm not saying we'll go 13-3, but I don't think teams will walk over us this year.

HTTR

No. Just no. What is this? May Honey Boo Boo's mother swan dive into your lap.

As much as I hope GHH is wrong, it's honestly not that far fetched. We absolutely should not overlook the Lions. Bush put up a huge first game, and Calvin Johnson is a handful for anyone. The Raiders game is one of those games we SHOULD win.

Go to google images. Type in Honey Boo Boo's mother. Try not to hate me forever.

'K. That WASn'T the image I had in my head .....

*In my best Homer J voice ..... 'WHY YOU LITTLE ......!' 

..... The Raiders game is one of those games we SHOULD win.

Oh dear Lord if we go into the bye at 0-4, or any record with a loss to Oakland, I'm selling my lappy to save me from this place. 

Hail. 

While I love the optimism and share the hope, I hate predicting anything. 

This season could be awesome or it could be awful. In the NFL and in life in general, little is guaranteed. So I'll just say we can beat anyone so long as we're playing at the level we can play at and we can lose to anyone so long as we come out playing we did against the Eagles.

I will say this. If the only thing that changed was we didn't turn the ball over on offense in the first quarter, the game would've been completely different and I think we would've taken over the game in the 2nd half.

But, that didn't happen. And the offense might play like that again, who knows. God willing we never see anything like that again. Ugh.     

I really, truly think we will go into the bye 2-2 and come out of it a much better team. We've had a rocky start, but two of the next three games are absolutely winnable. Really, all of them are, but I would put money on us winning 2 out of 3. 

After the bye, Robert will hopefully be healthier and more focused, and we'll be getting players back on defense. The Cowboys will be the perfect challenge for us at that point.

We absolutely should not overlook the Lions. Bush put up a huge first game, and Calvin Johnson is a handful for anyone. 

I REFUSE to entertain the notion that Washington will lose to Detroit at home!

This is where I draw the line.  Nothing personal bradboyd80 - there's no denying that you do have a point.  But in all seriousness, Detroit is not good enough to come into FedEx & beat us.  Not gonna happen.  No way.  If it did happen, I will eat all the crow on my plate & that's a promise.  But I won't have to, because Washington will beat Detroit.  That's a given.  They are inferior.

We've had a rocky start, but two of the next three games are absolutely winnable. Really, all of them are, but I would put money on us winning 2 out of 3. 

Bravo Bacon.  Now see, that's what I'm talkin' about: having confidence in this team's ability to Win football games!  I get fired up when I sense Washington is being regarded as a pushover.  Those days are gone.  I prefer to discuss whose ass we're gonna kick.  

Let's not forget that we cheer a defending Division Champion ourselves.  Sure it could be a flash in the pan, but until that is proven to me, I choose to hold our team to realistically high expectations.  

There are certain teams that a 1st Place Team shouldn't lose to under virtually any circumstances.  Detroit & Oakland come to mind.  There are other teams, that are good, that a 1st Place Team  should beat.  Green Bay & San Francisco come to mind.  

Sure, I'm drinking the kool aid.  I freely admit it.  But since when was a diehard fan of a team not supposed to expect his team to kick ass?

well you can book a loss in Green Bay cause that ain't happening. We never beat great QB's and that is a pattern. We could never beat Peyton Manning or Brett Farve and of course Eli gives us fits also. if Romo sits to pee stops self destructing with turnovers, we won't beat him either. And of course Vick will give the Skins another a$$ whipping in Philly. Vick is like Kryptonite to the Redskins.

But perhaps this has something to do with our Defensive Coordinator and the fact that we just don't have any double digit pass rushers or any Pro Bowl coverage guys in our secondary. Yea...that's a possibility!

We have average defensive guys so when we play average offenses we stand a chance of winning. So figure it out for yourself. Which teams are average or below?

As much as I hope GHH is wrong, it's honestly not that far fetched. We absolutely should not overlook the Lions. Bush put up a huge first game, and Calvin Johnson is a handful for anyone. The Raiders game is one of those games we SHOULD win.

Johnson will likely catch 10-12 passes for 160 yards against a secondary that simply cannot cover. Bush will out run the slow footed Fletcher and could also catch 10 passes. That is looking like a possible reality based on both teams first week. But we shall see.

Also...home field advantage is true for most teams but is meaningless and has been for the Washington Redskins. Its not even their stadium, it's FEDEX field. Just a field apparently.

Archived