Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Surveyed 6 GMs to see what #Redskins could get for Kirk Cousins if they traded him: Everyone believes a 2nd, not a 1st. Audition time.

That would be huge. Deal him to the team with the highest 2nd round pick. Having two picks at the top of the second round would do wonders.

Now THIS would be interesting.. if most of the top qb's return for another year, there's gonna be a shortage.. and someone may want KC for a high 2, or a mid 2 plus something lower..

2 picks between 33-50 would be pretty damn sweet

I for one would love the transition to a 4-3 under.. get Rak back to having his hand in the dirt and rushing the passer 100% of the time would improve his #'s tremendously. I always felt him and Kerrigan were out of position at OLB.. they do the job but would be better served in a 3 point stance imo.

Rak's run stopping has improved as well, so I would enjoy watching him battle a tackle all game long as opposed to running around out in the flat.. same with Kerrigan.

I felt that if you have guys at the DL who do the job correct in the 3-4 that Orakpo and Kerrigan would be successful, but outside of Cofield there really isn't a game changer at the DE position. That's what really has been killing this team. Moving to a 4-3 Under would allow for us to play to the strengths of this team again and I'd be really excited 

I don't see them hiring a defensive coach as HC. 

Don't think Dan has hired one defensive minded coach as a HC. Just needs a true GM that can put it all together. Enough of all these "/'s" in the job titles. Head coach is the head coach and that's it. Not "Head Coach/Exec. Vice President" and all that mess.. OC coordinates the offense, DC coordinates the defense, etc.

Now THIS would be interesting.. if most of the top qb's return for another year, there's gonna be a shortage.. and someone may want KC for a high 2, or a mid 2 plus something lower..

2 picks between 33-50 would be pretty damn sweet

Id rather them trade one of the seconds for a first the following year. 

I don't see them hiring a defensive coach as HC.

Did he mean DC or HC? I'd be ok with it either way as long as we get a good OC (and some better resources for him).

Regarding Joyner and slot players in general - they are pretty crucial at this stage, particularly since it seems a bit more difficult to find a good slot corner over a boundary guy. If Hall returns (and even Biggers - though I somewhat doubt it), we'd have a pretty good group of outside corners (starters and depth) but we'd be lacking a bit in the slot.

If we don't get a pick for Cousins though, I think we should go BPA with an emphasis on OT/OG/D-line/LB/WR and safety in the early rounds (depending on FA). Corner is in the next tier of needs for me, along with C and TE.

If we do get an additional pick, than I'd be good with a 'luxury' pick early whatever* position.

* except K and punter (though Lord knows we need one!)... oh, and QB. Please no earlier than a 5th for QB. Please?

Don't think Dan has hired one defensive minded coach as a HC. Just needs a true GM that can put it all together. Enough of all these "/'s" in the job titles. Head coach is the head coach and that's it. Not "Head Coach/Exec. Vice President" and all that mess.. OC coordinates the offense, DC coordinates the defense, etc.

I think you'll see them hire the right GM and then allow him to just get his guy from there. If they go with Morocco at GM I'll feel pretty good about where this team is heading 

They could go defensive minded HC but that makes the OC hire uber importante.

I almost feel like if you have a young QB to groom you almost need a offensive minded HC because (ostensibly) they should understand how important it is to develop the QB and as the HC you can facilitate that much better then you could as an OC.

They could go defensive minded HC but that makes the OC hire uber importante.

I almost feel like if you have a young QB to groom you almost need a offensive minded HC because (ostensibly) they should understand how important it is to develop the QB and as the HC you can facilitate that much better then you could as an OC.

I agree, if you go a defensive HC you better have one hell of an OC then 

There is always the dual HC approach. I think there are a couple options which intrigue me.

HC - Offense: D. Shaw  | HC - Defense: Lovie S.

That's kind-of dream team to me.

Somebody gets called the "Head Coach" and somebody else gets called the "Associate Head Coach."

I also think that you could possibly still land an OC like Phillip Montgomery, with total control on offense, while Lovie S. was your "Head Coach" solely focused on Defense.

I've covered Briles for awhile, he's set where he's at. I'd still try to find a way to get some of the Baylor assistants (if not both Montgomery and Clements).

The key is that the head boy has to have a presence, a clear respect when he speaks, has to be personable with the players and have a vision. That's basically Lovie as well as Shaw. Both command respect from their presence while Lovie is more player's coach, Shaw is more "I'm in awe of your intelligence and high character leadership."

Could be a deadly combo.

My worry

What I'm saying is that both of those guys fit that criteria, alone, in of themselves.

So singularly, you say YES

72h6~4~400.jpg

But, as we know, the head boy is going to have a predominate focus in mind, offense or defense. Both sides of the ball need major oversight. The D is obvious (obvious reasons). A coach like Lovie fits the bill. However as we all know, Lovie was criticized for never having an equally accompanying type O.

We also have established that we need a scheme in-line with Griff's skills, likewise we've established the need, the overriding need, to have a developer of the QB since, #1, that's how the league is built, but additionally, #2, because we've literally seen our star regress before our eyes under mismanagement.

So, IF, they were collectively together, then you'd say HELL YES!

hqdefault.jpg

IMO.

What are your guys thoughts on De'Anthony Thomas?

He's a bit undersized, but that's what they said about DJax, and they're around the same size.

Watching his highlights just made me dizzy, his moves in the open field are UNREAL. Looks like a 99'd out Madden player. His explosiveness and speed could really open up whatever offense we'll be running, and we can pick him up in the mid-rounds.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet1h

Surveyed 6 GMs to see what #Redskins could get for Kirk Cousins if they traded him: Everyone believes a 2nd, not a 1st. Audition time.

That would be huge. Deal him to the team with the highest 2nd round pick. Having two picks at the top of the second round would do wonders.

That would make me feel WAY better about not having the first round pick this year.

It's a little painful to think about what it would have been like with Sammy Watkins or Jake Matthews.

But with two 2nds, maybe you could snag a class of Will Sutton, Kelvin Benjamin, LaMarcus Joyner, and Gabe Jackson with your first four picks.

Id rather them trade one of the seconds for a first the following year.

I'd keep it if someone I really liked was there. No guarantee that someone you like will be there in the first next year.

Did he mean DC or HC? I'd be ok with it either way as long as we get a good OC (and some better resources for him).

Regarding Joyner and slot players in general - they are pretty crucial at this stage, particularly since it seems a bit more difficult to find a good slot corner over a boundary guy. If Hall returns (and even Biggers - though I somewhat doubt it), we'd have a pretty good group of outside corners (starters and depth) but we'd be lacking a bit in the slot.

I think it's harder to find outside guys at every position group: WR, OL, DL, and CB. The skill set is more demanding and thus more rare. And thus more valuable. It's a lot harder to play on an island. You can't screw up or it's a splash play or chunk play for the other guys.

Amerson helps, he's gifted and well suited to playing on the outside. Hall has also played well. He's been dialed in this year. We can live with those two in the near term. But I wouldn't count on Hall having a year like this next season. And he's 30, so you can expect a natural drop off from aging at some point anyway.

As others pointed out, Joyner is long limbed and phsyical so he compensates for the mismatch on the outside somewhat. But just to understand Joyner's strengths, he'll be best playing inside by far IMO. Drafting him means you need to get another outside corner down the line to best use your talent.

We do need corners. I'm for drafting Joyner in the right spot and then going out and finding another outside corner soon after.

BTW Monk and Duke and JMU, I really like Gabe Jackson too. That dude is clean. Really steady and smart and accurate with his blocks but he's also got dominant size.

CBS has him outside the top 100 right now, but when you take his size into account, I'd be surprised if he made it that long. He looks like one of the best interior linemen in the class.

Boy would he be nice to have next to Trent. Road graders.

I think I saw on CBS that they've got Gabe slated as a 2-3 rounder right now. If we can get a good talent evaluator in here I would be very happy if we just loaded up on picks. If we can flip Cousins for an early 2nd ... by all means take the guys you want at those two spots if they're there ... but if you can trade back with one of those and continue accumulating 4th/5ths that would be great. Lot's of depth issues, and a new regime will want to build primarily through the draft v. FA ...

I think I saw on CBS that they've got Gabe slated as a 2-3 rounder right now. If we can get a good talent evaluator in here I would be very happy if we just loaded up on picks. If we can flip Cousins for an early 2nd ... by all means take the guys you want at those two spots if they're there ... but if you can trade back with one of those and continue accumulating 4th/5ths that would be great. Lot's of depth issues, and a new regime will want to build primarily through the draft v. FA ...

As of today they've got him ranked 114 which puts him around the beginning of the fourth depending on how many supplementals they give out.

When you think about it, that's not a bad range for a guard. But he's so big that I can see him climbing a little bit

Archived