Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Golf Thread

skinfan2k

What a shock. Tiger Woods falling apart in the final Rd of a close Major.

Dude if you knew anything about golf instead of just being a Tiger hater you would see almost the entire field is falling apart, this thing is far from over and +1 could very easily win this thing if Westwood keeps getting in trouble.

Tiger's control is off big time today.  Unless Westwood hits a snag, he should win this.  ockquote>  Westwood is the King of hitting snags.

I actually have nothing against Tiger Woods. I could care less if he wins or not. But I tell it like it is. In Majors, unless he's running away from the field, in close final rds, he falls apart.
 Actually you have a bitter agenda against Woods. It's sad "WHAT A SURPRISE HE CHOKED AGAIN. HIS TEETH ARE UGLY."  It's become pure jealousy and hate at this point. Get over it 

Get over it. Not everybody's in love with Tiger Woods and we don't have to be. If you love him, fine. If me and others don't, we don't have to be.

Still waiting on that Major all you Tiger fans were saying was just a matter of time a few months ago.

Do you know how hard it is to win a major?

The problem is for you haters that it's "all or nothing". He must win a major or he is considered a failure. Who are you to put him on such a high pedestal? He did well overall. He struggled today, but so did everyone else not named Phil Mickelson.

I will say that Mickelson is among the elite now, he is always in contention now, and today he had his game. It's nice to see some consistency in golf. Everyone I have asked the big question to: "Why do players win majors and then disappear?" has not been able to produce a quality response. The simple answer: we are in an age of parity right now, and it is bad golf. Golf is better when Tiger is relevant. Golf is better when the big names are on top, and today Mickelson, the big name, didn't choke, and finished on top. Gratz.  

I'm not the one who said "it's all about the Majors." I'm not the one who coined the phrase "chasing Jack." Wasn't it Tiger Woods himself who said it was all about WINNING Majors? I could be wrong, but I thought he said that some years ago.

And PLEASE answer this. Why if you're not a huge fan of someone and you might even critisize that person, you're a hater or you're hatin?

I'm not the one who said "it's all about the Majors." I'm not the one who coined the phrase "chasing Jack." Wasn't it Tiger Woods himself who said it was all about WINNING Majors? I could be wrong, but I thought he said that some years ago.

Didn't you start a thread a few years back about Tiger shooting roids?

You were the same guy who said he was irrelevant post-accident. Your opinions are jaded by jealousy and should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Jealousy? Are you serious? Just because I don't toot dudes horn?

But you're not alone, lol Mayweather fans call me a hater too.

Didn't you start a thread a few years back about Tiger shooting roids?

Nope. I don't believe I ever started a Tiger thread. Since you opened that box, didn't Tiger have some dealing with a Dr who distributed roids?

You were the same guy who said he was irrelevant post-accident. Your opinions are jaded by jealousy and should be taken with a grain of salt. 

And for a good while post incident, he was irrelevant.

Once again Eldrick chokes on Sunday.

Grats to Lefty!

So did Miguel Angel Jiminez, Stetson, Westwood...

It was Phil's day today. Good for him. And I'm not complaining, I said before any kind of consistency that doesn't allow a first-time guy to win his major and then disappear is good for ratings. And I approve of golf when ratings are high. 

Phil is a largely household name, a great golfer of this generation. Golf is better when the legends are on their game. Golf is not good when a guy gets lucky, wins his first major, then disappears. That's bad for the sport, that's too much parity involved, and that's bad for ratings. 

Imagine golf as the NBA. Golf needs the Miami Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers to do well. 

Tiger was just talking about how unexpectedly slow the greens were, not that it matters, but maybe that explains his piss poor play around the green today?

Mickelson played on the very same greens.

Tiger was just talking about how unexpectedly slow the greens were, not that it matters, but maybe that explains his piss poor play around the green today?

Clearly, so did everyone else however in the past, there is no one better than Woods on fast greens which is why he prefers them, it would also explain 1. he wasn't expecting the ball speed to slow down which would explain some of his shots around the green that were REALLY bad, and 2. the slow greens completely caught him off guard since it didn't rain last night, he was expecting them to be faster today than they were yesterday, not slower.

2. the slow greens completely caught him off guard since it didn't rain last night, he was expecting them to be faster today than they were yesterday, not slower.

I call bull****.  Greens were only slow with the putter, with irons they were driveways.  And so what?  Everybody was missing putts short until Poulter and Mickelson started deep-strokin!  Hittin' out, son! 

The best players in the world bring their best on Sunday.

2. the slow greens completely caught him off guard since it didn't rain last night, he was expecting them to be faster today than they were yesterday, not slower.

I call bull****.  Greens were only slow with the putter, with irons they were driveways.  And so what?  Everybody was missing putts short until Poulter and Mickelson started deep-strokin!  Hittin' out, son! 

The best players in the world bring their best on Sunday.

But if you're expecting the greens to be faster than the day before, you will play extra cautious...right? 

I don't think he was making excuses, he just think didn't expect the greens to slow down, especially without any rain.

i played again yesterday and while i shot worse than 110 again, i made my first birdie ever on a par 4 475!!

Before anyone dumps on a 110 ... the last few rounds I feel like I've played the best golf of my life ... and still haven't managed to crack 100. I will get there some day. Golf is fun, regardless of score. Since I just picked it back up this year, I expect to get into the 90's at some point with the goal of a round in the 80's eventually ... right now I'm hovering around 103.

Played a round down in Myrtle at Crow Creek last weekend and shot a 55 front 9 and 46 back 9. Some day, I'll be able to put together two solid 9's haha

Archived