Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Well the cap just went up for this season.

The NBA's Salary Cap And Tax Level Just Went Up: Here's What It Means

The NBA announced that the salary cap and tax levels will take a huge jump for the 2015-16 season, increasing by 11% and 10.3% respectively. Here is the full memo:    

The National Basketball Association today announced that the Salary Cap has increased by 11% to an all-time high of $70 million for the 2015-16 season. The tax level for the 2015-16 season increased by 10.3% to $84.740 million.

The Salary Cap and tax level go into effect at 12:01 a.m. ET on Thursday, July 9, when the league’s “moratorium period” ends and teams can begin signing free agents and making trades.

The minimum team salary, which is set at 90% of the Salary Cap, is $63 million for the 2015-16 season.

The current Collective Bargaining Agreement provides for three different mid-level exceptions depending on a team’s salary level. The non-taxpayer mid-level for this season is $5.464 million, the taxpayer mid-level is $3.376 million and the mid-level for a team with room under the Salary Cap is $2.814 million.

http://deadspin.com/the-nbas-salary-cap-and-tax-level-just-went-up-heres-w-1716694473

Deadspin's writer actually explains it pretty good. Expect Lebron to opt out after next season, and the cap will go up even more. He will be the NBA's 1st $200 million dollar player when the new TV deal kicks in.

Edited by DCranon21
  • Like 1

I think DeAndre's debacle is considerably worse than what LeBron did

Me too. What LeBron did was embarrassing but there wasn't anything shady about it. Jordan flat out reneged on a type of agreement that the rest of the league operates upon as binding. It's worse than what Boozer did in 2004.

With lots of cap room post-LaMarcus, Blazers putting an offer sheet on Thunder RFA center Enes Kanter, per sources.

Offer sheet for Enes Kanter, per source, is a four-year max deal for approximately $70 million, with a player option for year four.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Max for Kanter?! Bad news for OKC.

That's a pain in the balls for them.  I wish someone would do the same to Cleveland with Tristan Thompson.

The Thunder have commitments to 13 players and they're only about 6 or 7 million over the cap.  They can afford to match Kanter, but they would pay luxury tax.

Whether they should match Kanter is a different proposition.  They don't need him to be one of the three best teams in the West.  I'd be inclined to let Portland take him.

Only thing though... if they do lose Durant, then they might need Kanter then.  Losing Durant would mean they'd immediately have to start moving Heaven and Earth to make sure they don't lose Westbrook and Ibaka too.

Well the cap just went up for this season.

http://deadspin.com/the-nbas-salary-cap-and-tax-level-just-went-up-heres-w-1716694473

Deadspin's writer actually explains it pretty good. Expect Lebron to opt out after next season, and the cap will go up even more. He will be the NBA's 1st $200 million dollar player when the new TV deal kicks in.

Where have you been dude? Lol

Marc SteinVerified account
‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say Deron Williams is expected to sign a two-year deal with Dallas in the $10 million range once he hits the open market

‏@ESPNSteinLine
As @daldridgetnt first reported, Nets and Deron Williams have come to terms on a buyout. D-Will becomes a free agent once he clears waivers

‏@ESPNSteinLine
As part of his buyout arrangement w/Nets, Deron Williams expected to get in the $25-to-$30 million range and then add Mavs deal on top of it

Stefan BondyVerified account
‏@SBondyNYDN
Around AS break, sources say Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from going after Hollins during a meeting to air out grievances.

Carlisle got sick of Rondo in like an hour and a half. Could be even shorter amount of time with D-Will.

Or maybe this time it's Carlisle that ends up leaving.  Look at the disaster that happened to the Pacers.  People said Rondo chased Ray Allen and Doc Rivers out of Boston.  I don't know why good franchises waste their times with these losers once their talent level drops.  Let them wow the crowds in China. 

• Like 1

Or maybe this time it's Carlisle that ends up leaving.  Look at the disaster that happened to the Pacers.  People said Rondo chased Ray Allen and Doc Rivers out of Boston.  I don't know why good franchises waste their times with these losers once their talent level drops.  Let them wow the crowds in China. 

Carlisle is a top 3-5 coach in the NBA and the guy who coached that franchise to their only ring. Cuban isn't letting him go anytime soon.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Embiid-likely-to-miss-season-after-2d-surgery.html

76ers center Joel Embiid will likely miss the 2015-16 season.

The 7-footer will have a second surgery after the latest setback in the healing of his right foot, according to several NBA sources. The team will decide whether to have it in North Carolina or at the New York Hospital of Special Surgery

“I would say there’s a great possibility that Embiid won’t play next year,” the source said. “Just think how long they sat him when they thought he was healthy.”

The Sixers are planning as if Embiid won’t play this season, sources say. Another source said the franchise is concerned that this setback could be career-threatening.

Now i just don't even remember which guy for the 76ers is injured. It seems like every top pick is injured for at least 2 years before they play

They've certainly had some bad luck with injuries.  Noel and Embiid both missed their first year, Embiid will now miss two.  They've gotten virtually nothing from their draft picks.  I think that changes this year, Okafor looks promising.  Though it will still take him some time (measured in years) before he adapts to the NBA game.