Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Doc ****ing but come on! Barnes clearly fouled Jackson on that drive and the refs flubbed it.  Clippers also got a number of non-calls in their favor.  Don't blow a lead this late in the game and you don't have to worry about it.  I know that technically it was the wrong call but the refs were not about to let that absolutely awful blown foul call determine a great comeback's failure.

Also, Scott Brooks is a moron.  Adams gives you a lot more than Perkins at this date. The game swung pretty much at that point.

Maybe the Thunder can close this out and I can't stop hearing them shove the Sterling story down our throats.

Well, the OKC player got fouled, no call.  They review and give OKC the ball, looked like it was off the OKC player though.  Then, after a miss, fouled on a 3 point shot by Paul, which was almost zero contact compared to the mugging for the other OKC player lol.  

Horrible make-up/no-calls.  Way to go refs.

Refs should be wearing masks cause they stole this one. Ball was off Jackson on that replay (looked like a foul though), I didn't see contact on that three point foul, and Paul got clearly hit in the forearm on the final play. Having said that, karma is a B and Flop City has earned a whole pile of bad calls.

Edited by Destino

NBA so rigged... I nearly turned it off. They need to fix the replay system.. this is all becase they couldn't legally overturn the call.

I agree that it was so obvious that Jackson got fouled and it was a no call.  But, if they let them review everything, these games will go on forever.  Clippers got ****ed, no doubt.  

Can you guys really say the Clippers got boned when the Crawford 4 pt play was a flop?

The story of this game, had they given the ball to the Clippers after the Jackson play was that the refs handed the game to the Clippers by refusing to call yet another foul on the Clippers on contact going to the rim.  Barnes didn't even attempt to make a real play, he knew he had to stop the bleeding with a foul if possible.  The refs missed it and decided to make up for it.

CLips got away with a foul and are now mad they didn't get the full benefit of the missed call.  How about not turning the ball over after your opponent draws within 4? lol

Westbrook is a killer, durant shys away in the big game. People want to bang on Westbrook all the time for taking too many shots, but durant is unwilling/unable to take over a game in the playoffs, his game is to finesse.

I would agree, but Durant did play a key role down the stretch.  But yes, Westy saved his bacon.  I also don't think Durant shies away in the big game, his game just doesn't always work when people are doubling him physically and making him expend extra effort to get free.

The NBA needs to allow officials to decide on fouls as well as who touched it last on replays. It's absurd that they have to award the ball to the team that committed a foul the way the rule is currently written. But... Doc is right, by the current rules that should have been Clippers ball.

• Like 2

I am glad Rivers is talking about flawed replay system.

Really?  look, this would be like the refs overturning the "Faux Mary" in the Seattle/GB game.  It was making right what was clearly a foul that they blew (and had a chance to get right after blowing the whistle) in the pandemonium.  I do agree they miss calls even after review but this was not about a failed system it was about seeing just how bad they blew the call that would have put Jackson on the line and giving the ball to OKC.

And really, seeing Crawford kick his legs out for yet another Flop point play, it sort of irks me to see people acting as if the Clippers got ripped off by the refs making it right.  I'd point out the refs missed another three point foul call earlier in the quarter when the ball's progress was clearly altered after a snakebite on the arm.  

I've seen rig-jobs before (the end of the game Blazers vs. Lakers 2000 WCF, for example) but this wasn't it.  This was them getting it partially right (truly getting it right would have put Jackson on the line for two shots)

Wow.  I wasn't watching.  I just saw what Chris Paul did which led to the turnover and disputed out of bounds.  That was so dumb.  What was he thinking?  It's like he was trying to jump out of bounds and shoot or something?

And it looks like he knows it.  He's manning up as I would expect him to.

And the more that I look at it, I think the refs got that play right.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1