Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

OKC hit so many big shots at the end. Butler hit two huge three point shots. Then Westbrook runs the play clock down at the top of the arc and nails a three. Durant follows with an absurd turn around fadeaway from the elbow. Hard to beat a team that just doesn't miss in the final two minutes unless they are fouled.

Edited by Destino

Once again, the Spurs are blowing the Blazers out at half time. Portland isn't going to stand a chance against the better teams in the playoffs if they don't play defense from start to finish. The Spurs have scored 60 or more in the first half of every game in this series.

Edited by Destino

It's amazing that Kevin Durant can't post up Chris Paul and score every single possession. LeBron took a lot of heat for having no post game and Durant should take the same heat. 

Edit: Scott Brooks is a terrible coach if he can't draw up something better than Westbrook one on one or Durant getting the ball with his back to the basket at the three point line.

Edited by Hersh

It's amazing that Kevin Durant can't post up Chris Paul and score every single possession. LeBron took a lot of heat for having no post game and Durant should take the same heat. 

Edit: Scott Brooks is a terrible coach if he can't draw up something better than Westbrook one on one or Durant getting the ball with his back to the basket at the three point line.

You haven't heard? You can criticize LeBron but Durant has become "Mr Untouchable."

At one time, I would have laughed at anyone that would have picked Westbrook over Durant. I'm not so sure anymore.

I like Durant. Wonderful person, but I'm starting to think he doesn't have that extra gear to win a championship.

Edited by DM72

You haven't heard? You can criticize LeBron but Durant has become "Mr Untouchable."

At one time, I would have laughed at anyone that would have picked Westbrook over Durant. I'm not so sure anymore.

I like Durant. Wonderful person, but I'm starting to think he doesn't have that extra gear to win a championship.

It's ridiculous take Westbrook over Durant.  Today was all about coaching and schemes or a lack thereof by OKC/Scott Brooks. They talked about it during the post game and comparing them to the Spurs and how the Spurs have and trust a system. This is probably more of a Jordan situation where a coaching change would do Durant a lot of good.

It's ridiculous take Westbrook over Durant.  Today was all about coaching and schemes or a lack thereof by OKC/Scott Brooks. They talked about it during the post game and comparing them to the Spurs and how the Spurs have and trust a system. This is probably more of a Jordan situation where a coaching change would do Durant a lot of good.

Durant's the better player. No doubt. But there's a reason some are now saying Westbrook is Batman and Durant is Robin. Durant's inability to pass out of a double team, shoot over the much smaller Paul and missing a huge FT can't be overlooked.

And I agree. OKC needs a better coach. George Karl might be the answer.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 1

Durant's the better player. No doubt. But there's a reason some are now saying Westbrook is Batman and Durant is Robin. Durant's inability to pass out of a double team, shoot over the much smaller Paul and missing a huge FT can't be overlooked.

Scott Brooks offense is very dependent on one person handling the ball a great deal. That sort of offense favors a scoring point guard as it depends on one player to create off the dribble. Durant is a good passing SF but he's not a point forward like Lebron. If they ran a system where players knew where to move without the ball, on every possession, and the ball movement was built in it would allow Durant to shine a great deal more. Kobe and Jordan looked amazing in the triangle because it allowed them to take over but also had built in passing options available if the defense tried to focus too much on them. People tend to forget that basketball is not about simply being the best player. The media likes to pretend the opposite is true, but defenses can turn over any player trying to do too much if they can catch him in a situation where he has no where to go with the ball quickly.

The Heat Spurs and Clippers are constantly moving without the ball. The Thunder, Wizards, and Pacers often get caught ball watching. Brooks is succeeding because he's got a ton of talent, but on a bad team he'd just be another bad coach.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 2

Scott Brooks offense is very dependent on one person handling the ball a great deal. That sort of offense favors a scoring point guard as it depends on one player to create on the dribble. Durant is a good passing SF but he's not a point forward like Lebron. If they ran a system where players knew where to move without the ball, on every possession, and the ball movement was built in it would allow Durant to shine a great deal more. Kobe and Jordan looked amazing in the triangle because it allowed them to take over but also had built in passing options available if the defense tried to focus too much on them. People tend to forget that basketball is not about simply being the best player. The media likes to pretend the opposite is true, but defenses can turn over any player trying to do too much if they can catch him in a situation where he has no where to go with the ball quickly.

The Heat Spurs and Clippers are constantly moving without the ball. The Thunder, Wizards, and Pacers often get caught ball watching. Brooks is succeeding because he's got a ton of talent on a bad team he'd just be another bad coach.

Good analysis. I'm not a basketball expert, but even I could see that nobody seemed to cut to the basket when Durant would catch the ball and LA would double. Not to mention as soon as Griffin came in for Jordan it took at least a couple minutes before OKC started attacking the rim. That should have been automatic instead of settling for jump shots.

DM, you are absolutley correct. Getting shut down by Paul made me sick to my stomach, I have learn to have a hatred for Chris Paul do to his flopping but he was clearly the best player on the court he dominated.

#dcsports smh

Serious question (and feel free to flame if you disagree lo)l: Am I weird for thinking that the Wizards' offense plays way smoother when Wall is sitting and Beal is the focus? 

Basically like Bill Simmons' Ewing Theory?

No. Wall is just struggling mentally. Statistically the Wizards offense is exponentially better when Wall is on the floor.