Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The 7 seed and swept in the first round.

Yep. And I picked them to get swept. It wasn't a surprise, nor am I even upset about it.

Even with a healthy Jefferson, I'm not convinced the series would have played out much differently. I'm pretty excited about the future of my team though. They need another scorer, though, to make teams pay for doubling Al. I also think people are underestimating how much going back to the old nickname is going to help that franchise. And I know people will laugh at that statement, but just wait. The future of that team is bright.

Edited by Bubble Screen

KH: this is my last response to you on this. Again, start following the threads closer. You can't come down on me when I'm simply defending my teams from people that trash talk them first. If I'm not starting anything, how am I the problem? You don't make any sense.

You've done nothing wrong defending the bobcats. At least you're repping a team and you aren't one of these fans "of great players", which is about as nauseating as it gets, or one of the many "fans" that just so happen to love one of the recent championship teams.

Durant is certainly struggling. But a lot of his struggles are Memphis' doing. What they're doing on him defensively is incredible. Durant can't even get off screens sometimes. They can't get him the ball in the half court with any space or in any sort of scoring position.

good gawd, you are making excuses for him.

All they are doing is putting Tony Allen on him. THats it. Allen is shutting dude down. Allen is 6 inches shorter than Durant. Its not special at all.

You'd think it would free up someone else on OKC to go off, but who has done it except Reggie Jackson that one game?

I agree. Brooks is awful, but these same rules didnt apply to Bron and Kobe and even Melo. Why give Durant a pass?

I disagree OKC has a better team. And if Westbrook is the second best player in the series. Westbrook doesn't look right. And OKC's bench is not better. Reggie Jackson had that one great game but he's been invisible otherwise. Who else do they have? A bunch of guys who are too young or too old that have made almost no impact in the series. OKC has been playing 1 or 2 on 5 the whole series. Memphis's rotation is better than OKC's--it's why they are winning. They actually go 8 or 9 deep.

OKC's rotation is lame because Brooks wants to give a bum like Derrick Fisher 20 minutes a game. Brooks has not and has never given young players time. Even during hte season.

You're not answering the question. What's Durant supposed to do? Make all of the crap shots he's left with? Pass up quick open looks when he knows the offense has no chance of running anything that will get a better look than that? What's the solution for their offense to solve this defense given the players they've got and the guy that's coaching them?

here is the thing, no other superstar gets this pass that you want to give him. No other one. Bron had worse teams and he got grilled. Same with Kobe, and Melo gets it now. He gonna get fried and he is supposed to get fried.

Durant is the most gifted scorer in the league.

nah, its Melo (at least in their primes, Kobe and Dirk are better scorers than both).

Melo would put his butt in the post and put the beats on Tony Allen. Durant does not have that in his game. Its why Tony Allen is getting in his isht and pushing him around.

LeBron was the NBA's golden child until Miami. People were on his side until he formed a super team with Wade and Bosh and went from David to Goliath. And The Decision certainly didn't help. The only people mad at LeBron early in his career were Wizards fans and Kobe fans who felt like LeBron was stealing his throne.

Nope, Bron got it when they lost to Orlando and he was averaging 40 ppg. Thats revisionism at its best.

Melo catches a lot of undeserved crap, and Dirk definitely did too. The talk of Dirk being soft was ridiculous, I'm glad he put that behind him. He caught a lot of hell, but it doesn't change the fact Dirk was the best player in the NBA from about 2005-2007, well before he won his ring.

Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan were in the NBA at that point, so nah. But Dirk caught hate for dragging sorry teams to 50 win seasons.

I know how you feel about Wilt, especially in regards to Russell. This is surprising to me.

What the hell does this have to do with anything????

I didnt say Durant, CP3, whomever are bad players or are not great or anything. All I said is that those guys should get fried like other superstars who underwhelm in the post season have. Thats all.

Edited by JoeWolf990

I also think people are underestimating how much going back to the old nickname is going to help that franchise. And I know people will laugh at that statement, but just wait. The future of that team is bright.

Yeah I'm sure that will work out great. Players will be dying to play with career playoff winner Al Jefferson because the team has a great logo and solid colors  :lol:

• Like 1

Nice try.

Seriously, when are you guys going to learn? lol

Can someone help this "fan" out, he clearly doesnt know, how many championships do the charlotte hornets/bobcats have?

It's happening....

BmjNBtUCQAAN3vY.jpg

From Darren Rovell's twitter. 

Stop man, we all know that people in Oklahoma have an "agenda".  :rolleyes:

But on a real note, thats pretty jacked up. The series isnt over yet and there is a game tonight. If they lose, I hope KD goes off tho, and then goes home to see this news paper and be like, im off to DC =D

KD is a quasi-realistic FA pick-up for the Wizards.  I like the kid, but honestly, I'm all for anything (slander/unrational hate/etc.) that pushes him further away from signing w/ OKC.  LOL.  I'm HOPING that Memphis can close out the series.  As Wizards fans, we NEED this.  Seriously. 

• Like 2

It's happening....

That's pretty brutal, but lets forget Westbrook's crappy shot selection in the last game. Or how about him going 0/7 last Thursday night in OT.

Edited by DCranon21

Yeah I'm sure that will work out great. Players will be dying to play with career playoff winner Al Jefferson because the team has a great logo and solid colors :lol:

If that doesn't get them, I'm sure their winning tradition will. Lol, I can't think of a sports team more irrelevant than the Charlotte Bobcats.

It's happening....

*image of OKC news paper headline "Mr. unreliable" *

That paper just apologized to the Thunder and the fans for running that headline. Being a Washington sports fan, hearing that reported on ESPN sounded as insane to me as if they had reported the team was abducted by aliens. I had no idea that could actually happen. Edited by Destino

Frank "Van Wilder"Kaminsky randomly decided to slam Bubble Screen's Bobcats.

Frank Kaminsky explained his decision to return to Wisconsin in a blog post Wednesday, writing that although it's always been his dream to play in the NBA, the pros can't match the excitement he expects to experience with the Badgers during his senior season.

"I am at the pinnacle of my basketball playing career, at least in my eyes. I know the NBA has their crazy fans and all, but if you look at all of their games, there are games when teams like the Bobcats get hardly any fans, and it looks flat out boring," he wrote.

The Badgers' Frank Kaminsky says that he is returning to Wisconsin because the NBA can't match the excitement he's experiencing in college.

"At the Kohl Center, we play in front of nearly 17,000 fans every single time we step onto the court. When we travel, we play in front of sell out crowds who absolutely hate us. Not because of who is on the team, but because of where we go to school. Who could leave that?"

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10866360/frank-kaminsky-wisconsin-badgers-says-nba-looks-boring Edited by Destino

Once again...have there been any KD to WSH rumors? You guys are setting yourselves up for pain

And the hometown angle is overplayed. KD wasn't even a wizards fan growing up

Yes. DC was mentioned on NBA radio as a possible destination and KD himself said that if he wasn't in OKC he'd like to play for the Wiz.

Granted, he's also said that he's happy in OKC...and I'm sure he is. Right now.

KD also has gone out of his way to praise the Wiz and specifically John Wall on many occasions

Nobody is saying it's a slam dunk but I believe it is a possibility.

Also doesn't hurt that Wall's recruiting him..

We shall see.

(If you check the Wiz thread there's more about this topic)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm curious about what actual OKC residents and fans of the team will think about Durant if they lose this series.

Let's harken back to Orlando in 1996. A young, spoiled expansion team fan base in a tiny backwater of a market got frustrated with Shaq after a Finals loss and had no clue what they actually had in him. The local newspaper angers and humiliates Shaq. There is frustration among the players with the inadequacy of the head coach. And there were fissures and ego/compatibility issues growing in the locker room as Penny Hardaway took over a more dominant role. Then what happened?

Shaq left in free agency that summer, signed a huge contract with the Lakers, and then won three straight championships.

Let me help you out..

"The Nationals are one of two MLB franchises, and the only one in the National League, that has never played in a World Series."

Lets not deflect the fact that your team has been a winless, fanless joke since they were created by attacking my baseball team.

Lets not deflect the fact that your team has been a winless, fanless joke since they were created by attacking my baseball team.

What have the Wizards done up until this year?  Outside of beating the Bulls in 2005, then losing in the first round the next three years.  The last time they made the NBA finals I was 4 years old (1979) and they were the Bullets.  Most likely you weren't even born yet :)

We all know the Bobcats have sucked.  With the franchise logo change back to the Hornets and MJ bringing in a good GM and willing to pay players now, I anticipate that there will be a lot more fan support starting next season.  They have a long way to go, but a decent foundation to build on.  

What have the Wizards done up until this year?  Outside of beating the Bulls in 2005, then losing in the first round the next three years.  The last time they made the NBA finals I was 4 years old (1979) and they were the Bullets.  Most likely you weren't even born yet :)

We all know the Bobcats have sucked.  With the franchise logo change back to the Hornets and MJ bringing in a good GM and willing to pay players now, I anticipate that there will be a lot more fan support starting next season.  They have a long way to go, but a decent foundation to build on.  

How many championships do you guys have? LOL

How many finals appearances do you guys have? LMAO

Try not taking Bubble Screen's route and bring up baseball in an NBA thread (wtf?)

• Like 2