Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

How many teams in the East are going to finish 41-41 this year?

A lot, since they get to play one another.

If East and West teams played each other 4 times a year rather than 2, there would be only 2 teams in the entire East at .500 or better at the end of the season.  The disparity really is that big right now.  

I'd much rather the Wizards play the West's playoff teams than the East's bottom feeders  :D.

The West is super competitive and loaded with offensive talent, but admittedly, there is some emperor's new clothes feel to a lot of the conference powers. Most of them lack the defensive gravitas and balance to actually win a finals against Miami or Indy. Defense in the West is systemically lousier than in the East, especially perimeter defense. Everyone in that conference is scared to play Memphis because they are East style bruisers that actually defend. And I would much, much rather play any team in the West instead of Indy.

I'd much rather the Wizards play the West's playoff teams than the East's bottom feeders  :D.

The West is super competitive and loaded with offensive talent, but admittedly, there is some emperor's new clothes feel to a lot of the conference powers. Most of them lack the defensive gravitas and balance to actually win a finals against Miami or Indy. Defense in the West is systemically lousier than in the East, especially perimeter defense. Everyone in that conference is scared to play Memphis because they are East style bruisers that actually defend. And I would much, much rather play any team in the West instead of Indy.

I would never question the chops of Indy (or Miami).  Both great teams.  But you only have to play them a few times.   In the West, you have to play OKC, and then San Antonio, and then the Clippers, and then the Warriors, and then the Rockets and then the Blazers, and then the Suns, and then the Mavericks, and then the Grizzlies.  And then you start again... it never ends.      

Otherwise, you are wrong when you say that "defense in the West is systemically lousier than in the East."  The defensive efficiency stats say that Indy is the best defense by far, but after that, the top teams are evenly split between East and West.  Meanwhile the offensive efficiency of the West is overwhelmingly superior - only Miami from the East cracks the top 8, and only three teams from the East crack the top 14.   

And I would not "much much" rather play Indy than OKC.  OKC is terrifying, top 5 in both offense and defense, and they will only be better when Westbrook returns.  

hardenfoul.gif

Sixth foul called on Ariza with 4 seconds remaining in a game that Houston was losing by two.  Not a 5 second violation.  Not a push off on Harden.  Not moving screen on Howard.  Not hooking Ariza's arm by Harden.  FT and the ball for Houston.

Next play.  Notice Dwight Howard's "screen"

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/4027526DF51045593597409710080_10af0be7594.4.7.6930032394100335610.mp4?versionId=XKiKIjzctzQBa9qd0loRtc43_0EhIlV2

I've got two new least favorite players and a new least favorite team.  Houston is a disgrace.

Anyone watching the Lakers game? Both these idiot announcers were gushing over a pass Marshall made that they thought led to a dunk. Thing is, the guy didn't score LOL

They even showed the play in slo motion and neither one of them STILL didn't notice he didn't score. Unreal.

They never corrected themselves or anything. I can't be the only one that noticed that haha

Edited by Bubble Screen

I wish they played for the wizards :( kill me

Now!!! Great roster with a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE coach!!

I wish they announced for the wizards :( kill me

I wish they played for the wizards :( kill me

Sorry this responded so much, can't find a way to delete it

Sorry this responded so much, can't find a way to delete it

Why did the Rockets get "a freethrow" AND the ball?  Sorry, I didn't see the game or highlights. I mean, isn't it just 2 freethrows, last 2 , minutes?  Sounds like we were over the limit the who game also.

The foul occurred before the ball was in bounded. Automatic freethrow and the ball back.

Yo Lebron, I agree that you'd probably win the dunk contest.  But if you're not going to enter, then shut the **** up.  What, are you worried about getting hurt?  Every contestant in the dunk contest is taking the same risk, yet they're still in.  Don't be like "I'd win" if you're not going to throw down.  Punk ass bamma.