Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

23 minutes ago, DM72 said:

You're telling me a team with 2 legitimate stars might not make the playoffs in the East? I disagree.

what we are telling you is the Cavs are 4-19 when Lebron doesnt play since he came back in 2014.

Granted, they would do better since they would be able to gel and find their correct on court relationships. But I really do not believe this is a high seed team in the east with those two.

Every single good team in the league is built around one or two star players.  The rest of their rosters are a collection of role players of varying caliber and journeyman filler.  Harden and Leonard play on one star construction teams too.  If they got hurt, their teams would fall apart.  Same for the Celtics with Thomas.  The biggest reason why Harden's and Leonard's teams have been more successful and consistent is largely because Harden and Leonard have been better than Westbrook this year.  Westbrook's artificially inflated rebounding numbers don't change that because they make no positive impact on the outcome of games for his team.  And in fact it usually makes a negative impact because he stopped playing defense in order to get them.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Not to muddle the waters further, but if we are gonna operate under the idea that Kevin Love is a 'star" then LaMarcus Aldridge is most definitely a 'star".  A big bright, shining star.

There's stars and then there's superstars and then there's megastars. Love is definitely a star.

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Cleveland is okay with the #2 seed.

Everyone is resting tonight with maybe Kevin Love playing.

If you assume that the other East playoff teams will win their remaining games against lotto teams, this is the right move for Cleveland.  Lose this game and they probably knock Indy out of the playoffs and stick Boston with the much more difficult Heat/Wizards path in the first two rounds.  Cleveland would get the much softer path of Chicago or Milwaukee in the first and Toronto in the second.

I think both Cleveland and Washington rest their starters for the final two games.  Boston and Toronto will probably keep playing hard because Boston will want the one seed and Toronto will try and pass Cleveland to get the two seed so they'll at least have home court in the second round.  Plus Boston could lose, giving Toronto a slight chance at the one seed.  But I think both of them win out and Milwaukee gets locked in at the six seed.  That makes the other impactful game the Atlanta vs Indy game.  Atlanta could rest their players and lose to Indy and that would basically knock Miami out and Indy would get the 7th seed and Chicago would get the 8th.

I think both Cleveland and Boston would rather play Indy or Chicago than Miami.

Love, Aldridge, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Paul Millsap, and DeAndre Jordan are all super role players.  They can make All Star games and command max deals and be key cogs on championship caliber teams but none of them could carry a great team as the guy.  They need to play with a blue chipper to win.  Aldridge was a blue chipper a couple of seasons ago but not any more.  He's at a similar point and situation in his career as Pau Gasol was around 2011.

2 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Racking my brain over who should be coach of the year....

Snyder, Spo, and Brooks should be the top-3. 

D'antoni should be in there too.  I'd say Popovich and Kerr too, but everyone expected them to be as brilliant as they've been.

2 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Racking my brain over who should be coach of the year....

Snyder, Spo, and Brooks should be the top-3. 

I think Brad Stevens and D'Antoni have 2 of the 3 locked up.  The 3rd probably goes to one of the leaders, like Kerr, Pop, or Lue.

I have a hard time giving too much consideration to a coach of a team that might not even win 50.  Brooks probably gets the closest for being a coach in his first year with the team.

I don't think it can go to Brooks at this point. At one point the Wiz were the #2 seed, with a shot at the #1. If we'd sustained that play until now, we'd likely be finishing with the #1 seed now that Cleveland is tanking. But now we're only the #4 in the weaker of the 2 conferences. We could end up finishing with only the 9th best record in the league. Brooks did a good job to get this team to improve from last year. But with our relative funk post-ASB, I don't think he can win. I'm not even confident that we'll make it past the first round.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Thunder won on the road without Russ and, get this...outrebounded the T-Wolves 54-35.

How is that even possible with the greatest rebounding guard of all time on the bench?!?

No need to avoid rebounds so Russ can get them.  lol  

• Like 1

Bracket is set.

East:

Boston over Chicago in 6

Cleveland over Indy in 5

Toronto over Milwaukee in 5

Washington over Atlanta in 5

Washington over Boston in 5

Cleveland over Toronto in 5

Cleveland over Washington in 7

West:

Golden State over Portland in 5

San Antonio over Memphis in 6

Houston over Oklahoma City in 6

Los Angeles over Utah in 6

Golden State over Los Angeles in 6

San Antonio over Houston in 6

Golden State over San Antonio in 7

Final:

Golden State over Cleveland in 6

Finals MVP: Kevin Durant

24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bracket is set.

East:

Boston over Chicago in 6

Cleveland over Indy in 5

Toronto over Milwaukee in 5

Washington over Atlanta in 5

Washington over Boston in 5

Cleveland over Toronto in 5

Cleveland over Washington in 7

I think Boston takes it from y'all in 6 or 7 games in the second round.  Y'all split the season series, both teams winning their two home games.  And historically (yes I know history changes) in the semi-finals #1 seeds are 56-5, winning that series 92% of the time.  

Should be a great series if both match up though, especially with all the friction that was building up between the two teams throughout the season.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I think Boston takes it from y'all in 6 or 7 games in the second round.  Y'all split the season series, both teams winning their two home games.  And historically (yes I know history changes) in the semi-finals #1 seeds are 56-5, winning that series 92% of the time.  Should be a great series if both match up though, especially with all the friction that was building up between the two teams throughout the season.

Will be a great series for sure but Wiz have the best two players on the floor in Beal and Wall. Boston really cant keep up with both of them if they are on.