Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't care if he is the biggest stat padder in the history of stat padding. What he accomplished this year should be impossible in this era. There are just not enough missed shots in a game for a guard to grab rebounds.

And the fact that he's averaging a triple double while averaging over 30 points per game is just insane.

If nothing else, this is the greatest endurance feat in NBA history. Because he couldn't miss a game and couldn't really even coast at any point.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I don't see how you can't be moved by something that is as rare as averaging a triple double for a year. That's like saying a triple crown in baseball OR horse racing isn't impressive. 

Personally, after seeing how hard they were trying to give him the triple double as a team it made it less impressive for me. The rebound video someone posted on here made me think about how many Double Doubles Wall has and how many triples he would have if we as a team made it our mission to get them for him. And then add into the fact that the fans have the nerve to call KD a cupcake and then turn around and cheer for obvious stat padding.....

Its wack to me. 

And I totally get that if most athletes where in the same position they wouldn't have been able to do the same thing. Just, for me, its wack. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

LOL...The hate is strong with you guys.

Funny how triple doubles were not belittled until Russ started getting them.

This kind of remind me of the criticism that AI used to get. Many called him a ball hog and said he took too many shots. As a Sixer fan myself, I can say, if he didn't take all those shots, no way they were going to win. The same goes for Russ IMO.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DM72 said:

LOL...The hate is strong with you guys.

Funny how triple doubles were not belittled until Russ started getting them.

This kind of remind me of the criticism that AI used to get. Many called him a ball hog and said he took too many shots. As a Sixer fan myself, I can say, if he didn't take all those shots, no way they were going to win. The same goes for Russ IMO.

You are probably right that even though he shoots a God awful percentage some nights, that without those shots they probably wouldn't win. But, two things....ok three

- Lets not act like he has a **** team around him. 

- They dont need to literally GIVE him rebounds to win.

- He stopped shooting those shots in order to get the assists needed, when they were behind, a few games ago. Wack. Thats the **** i do in 2k. 

Again if the wizards gave John Wall rebounds like that im sure he could be top 5 in the game in triples. 

Also I feel I should add that im not a hater of the guy at all. I actually root for him cause i think KD did my man dirty. I know, disagreeing with the way someone does something is like asking to be called a hater in 2017. But understand im just sharring an opposing position. 

I hate LeBron though lol. Hatehatehatehatehate

Edited by Llevron

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

I don't see how you can't be moved by something that is as rare as averaging a triple double for a year. That's like saying a triple crown in baseball OR horse racing isn't impressive. 

The triple crown in baseball isn't quite an apt comparison because a part of winning the triple crown means you were extremely efficient.  But it's an interesting point of comparison because Baseball's MVP voters got it wrong when they gave Cabrera the MVP despite the fact Trout had been a lot better and more valuable.  But a big part of the reason Trout didn't win MVP that year was because the Angels missed the playoffs and baseball awards voters hate giving MVP to a player from a non playoff team.

The comparison to the triple crown in horseracing isn't apt.  Winning the triple crown isn't arbitrary to the outcome of races, it means you won the races.

You say OKC isn't a **** team. Take Russ off that team and they're in the lottery. Take all the other players that are in the running for the MVP off their teams, Harden, Leonard and LeBron, and those teams are still in the playoffs. 

As for Russ getting all those rebounds. He's a great fast break starter. Why not let your best player start the possession? 

And what is OKC's record when Russ gets a triple double? I remember it being pretty damn good. No way is he simply a stat padder.

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The triple crown in baseball isn't quite an apt comparison because a part of winning the triple crown means you were extremely efficient.  But it's an interesting point of comparison because Baseball's MVP voters got it wrong when they gave Cabrera the MVP despite the fact Trout had been a lot better and more valuable.  But a big part of the reason Trout didn't win MVP that year was because the Angels missed the playoffs and baseball awards voters hate giving MVP to a player from a non playoff team.

The comparison to the triple crown in horseracing isn't apt.  Winning the triple crown isn't arbitrary to the outcome of races, it means you won the races.

Don't want to turn this into a baseball, but what you said about the 2012 MVP is utterly ridiculous. Cabrera got the triple crown and his team actually went to the playoffs, but Trout, who's team missed the playoffs, should have won the MVP?

If Trout would have won it that year, they'd been very loud cries of racism. 

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Zero chance the Rockets sniff the playoffs without Harden.  That's silly.

Theyd have a better shot than OKC.

Edited by DM72

Someone didn't think Oladipo/Kanter/Adams were scrubs to give them the money they're earning.  The "OKC roster is full of scrubs" narrative has to stop.

You can literally make the same argument for the Rockets outside of Harden. 

*Cavs wouldn't be a playoff team w/o Lebron....they are something like 4-17 when he doesn't suit up.  And this is with the luxury of having two olympians/all-stars on that same roster. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

Someone didn't think Oladipo/Kanter/Adams were scrubs to give them the money they're earning.  The "OKC roster is full of scrubs" narrative has to stop. 

and I think Kawhi has the best case.

That Spurs roster really isnt that good outside of Kawhi and a kool-aid pumping Aldridge. Popovich deserves credit for it, no doubt, but so does the best two-way player in the NBA.

• Like 1

Ok sure they are a lotto pick I guess without Westbrook. Thats hard for me to agree to, as we dont know what the talent around him would bring if, ya know, they actually had a chance to have the ball in their hands, but whatever. Im not arguing that. You can have that one. 

But dude pads his stats. Its proven. Im not saying is "simply" a stat padder. Im saying he dulled the impressiveness of it (for me) by getting them in such a obvious and easy way. Video evidence. Same video I was talking about before if you saw it already. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtnB3VhU9I0

If you dont see that as stat padding I dont know what to tell you. He is literally taking the ball from his teammates when he could be putting pressure on the D by getting a head start down the floor. He doesnt HAVE to get the rebound to run the break. As a matter of fact I argue he could run it better if he got that head start. He stopped shooting against the Sun the other night. That sealed it for me. Dude stopped looking for his shot and just kept passing the ball. Suns win, of course cause the best shooter on the floor stopped shooting to get assists. That wack.  

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

The Rockets are not a playoff team, in the West, without Harden. Nope, just won't believe that. And the Cavs would barely be a playoff team without Lebron. 

You got to be kidding. The Cavs would be a relatively high seed in the East without LeBron. Houston without Harden, they'd battle for a low seed in the West. OKC without Russ, they're in the lottery.

11 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

*Cavs wouldn't be a playoff team w/o Lebron....they are something like 4-17 when he doesn't suit up.  And this is with the luxury of having two olympians/all-stars on that same roster. 

If both Kyrie and Love are healthy, the Cavs are easily a playoff team without LeBron.

3 hours ago, DM72 said:

You got to be kidding. The Cavs would be a relatively high seed in the East without LeBron. Houston without Harden, they'd battle for a low seed in the West. OKC without Russ, they're in the lottery.

If both Kyrie and Love are healthy, the Cavs are easily a playoff team without LeBron.

Prior to Lebron, Kyrie and Love couldn't sniff a playoff game. The rest of that roster is full of flawed players and cast-offs from the Knicks. No way they'd be better than the 2-3 teams currently vying for the #8 seed. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 2

Just now, Gamebreaker said:

Prior to Lebron, Kyrie and Love couldn't sniff a playoff game. The rest of that roster is full of flawed players and cast-offs from the Knicks. No way they'd better than the 2-3 teams currently vying for the #8 seed. 

On the same team they'd easily make the playoffs in the East.

19 minutes ago, DM72 said:

From Feb 25th...

Cleveland coach Tyronn Lue said he wasn't sure how long the Cavaliers would be without the four-time MVP. Cleveland struggled as it often does without James — they are 4-19 without him since he returned to Cleveland in 2014, including 0-4 this season.

Link

No Lebron, this Cavs team is the Knicks, dawg. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

From Feb 25th...

Link

No Lebron, this Cavs team is the Knicks, dawg. 

Was Love playing. Asking because he missed quite a few games. Plus, their game plan is geared around LeBron, so they would struggle without him, but If he wasn't on the team, they would have a totally different game plan and it would go through Kyrie and Love. 

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I don't care if he is the biggest stat padder in the history of stat padding. What he accomplished this year should be impossible in this era. There are just not enough missed shots in a game for a guard to grab rebounds.

And the fact that he's averaging a triple double while averaging over 30 points per game is just insane.

If nothing else, this is the greatest endurance feat in NBA history. Because he couldn't miss a game and couldn't really even coast at any point.

But zzzzzzzzzzzzzommmmfgz!!!!!111    10-10-10 are just random numbers!!!  What's the difference between 10-10-10 and 9-9-9???  Huh???  People just like round numbers, this is no big deal!!!   His teammates aided him by not getting rebounds!  Blasphemy!  OMG this is soooooooooooooo overblown!!!! 

33 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Was Love playing. Asking because he missed quite a few games. Plus, their game plan is geared around LeBron, so they would struggle without him, but If he wasn't on the team, they would have a totally different game plan and it would go through Kyrie and Love. 

Not sure of Love's status....but you can check the receipts of how Kyrie was trying to carry that team pre-Lebron.  They are literally a fringe lottery team without him.  And that's with two all-stars.  As Lebron goes, so do the Cavs. 

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

nah dude lol.

Absolutely not.

They probably just make the playoffs, but thats it.