Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

After getting cut by Sacramento and spending short stints in the DLeague, Hassan Whiteside played in China for the Sichuan Blue Whales and Jiangsu Tongxi Monkey King.

Interestingly enough, Josh Smith currently plays for the Blue Whales.  Metta World Peace played for the Blue Whales in 2014, and apparently he is known in China as "The Panda's Friend."

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That doesn't sound incredibly gay at all...

I like it better than Metta World Peace actually.

Back to those interesting mascots, the Monkey King is one of the characters from Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en, which is one of the four great novels from Chinese classical literature.  He is depicted as the main antagonist in the magnificent 2014 film adaptation of the novel directed by Stephen Chow.  Chow is the guy who directed Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle, he is the master of the martial arts action comedy genre.  If you haven't seen Journey to the West, do yourself a favor and watch it right now.  It's incredible.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 9:36 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like it better than Metta World Peace actually.

Back to those interesting mascots, the Monkey King is one of the characters from Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en, which is one of the four great novels from Chinese classical literature.  He is depicted as the main antagonist in the magnificent 2014 film adaptation of the novel directed by Stephen Chow.  Chow is the guy who directed Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle, he is the master of the martial arts action comedy genre.  If you haven't seen Journey to the West, do yourself a favor and watch it right now.  It's incredible.

Isnt the Monkey King pretty much what Goku was made after? I always thought that. Nimbus, the power pole. The tail. 

Christ almighty fudgebuckets. Nothing caps the sad state of the Knicks like Oakley being involved in a fight in the stands.

3 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

WOW..."we hope he gets some help soon."  That was QUICK. 

Wonder who the person was he was standing over. He clearly wrecked somebody, before he started shoving the guys in suits

Joe Lacob: Michael Jordan not impressed with Warriors' record 73-win season

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18644571/golden-state-warriors-owner-says-michael-jordan-not-impressed-record-73-win-season

Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob says Michael Jordan isn't impressed with the team's record win total from last season.

Lacob said Jordan, the owner of the Charlotte Hornets and a member of the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls team that won the NBA title after a then-record 72 regular-season wins, relayed his thoughts when the two had dinner in New York with other owners during the collective bargaining agreement negotiations.

"People were drinking, having a good time and all that. But there was a moment where [Jordan] said, 'You know, 73 don't mean ...'" Lacob said before trailing off during an interview with San Francisco radio station 95.7 FM The Game on Tuesday. "He did it. Michael Jordan did that. And I looked at him, and I just decided not to, you know, make a big deal of it. I said, 'You know, you're right? We didn't win it. We had to get better.'

"He's fantastic, and I'm not going to cross him. But that kind of hurt, you know?"

During the interview, Lacob also insisted the Warriors' season was a success despite the team losing in the NBA Finals to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"I think that was one of the greatest years you could ever have in any sport," Lacob said.

• Like 2