Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

23 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Derrick Rose is a moron.  Might be a nice guy and he might have legit family issues, but dude's lack of self-awareness and common sense is mind boggling.

I think he's legit dense.  Prodigy at basketball, but he's had SO much hand-holding for the majority of his life. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That injury stuff seriously damaged that dudes brain.

I don't think he was ever particularly bright, but the past few years would be a difficult psychological blow for anyone to handle.  He was born into poverty and raised in one of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago (aka Murder-town) without a father.  He's a quiet guy that's only ever been good at one thing and up until recently that was enough to open all doors.  Now suddenly he's a mediocre player that can't trust his own body and he's been accused of rape.  He hasn't fallen all the way down the mountain and he's certainly not hurting (he's still very rich) but he's definitely taken a tumble. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I don't think he was ever particularly bright, but the past few years would be a difficult psychological blow for anyone to handle.  He was born into poverty and raised in one of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago (aka Murder-town) without a father.  He's a quiet guy that's only ever been good at one thing and up until recently that was enough to open all doors.  Now suddenly he's a mediocre player that can't trust his own body and he's been accused of rape.  He hasn't fallen all the way down the mountain and he's certainly not hurting (he's still very rich) but he's definitely taken a tumble. 

Yeah that's what I meant but was just being sarcastic. Seems like he is def going full on meltdown

51 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Derrick Rose 30 for 30 is going to be depressing.

I think a lot of this could've been avoided had he played when all the reports started coming out that he was lighting up the Bulls starting unit in practice, and gotten some confidence back early. 

The basketball gods deemed him ready to resume his career, then he rebuked them, and was set on a dangerous path that has now led to this

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I've said it before.

Cousins is a fantastic player with incredible skills. No one disputes that.

He's also an immature malcontent and coach killer.  I feel bad for the Kings because they will never get full value by trading him and they either have to sign him long term for max salary and hope he grows up...or let him walk and get nothing out of it. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

I think if you put Boogie in the right environment...good organizational structure, good coaching, and a solid roster, you'll get the best out of him.  Seriously.  He's not without his warts, but I don't put most of the blame on him for the **** show that's currently going on in Sacramento. 

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He makes me cringe.  After a certain point, you're just too old to be doing silly, obnoxious crap like that.  Grow the **** up dude.

Didn't you say multiple times in the Wiz thread that you want to trade for Boogie?  Or get Boogie in DC with Wall?  Now you crap on the guy?

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

22 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

I think if you put Boogie in the right environment...good organizational structure, good coaching, and a solid roster, you'll get the best out of him.  Seriously.  He's not without his warts, but I don't put most of the blame on him for the **** show that's currently going on in Sacramento. 

I disagree with the excuse (for him and the Kings bad records) that he doesn't have good players around him. If he is a star, he elevates everyone around him. He carries the team to more wins than losses. 

That said..I've heard the Kings have offered him a 5 year extension north of $200 million.

That. Is. Insane.

Edited by The Evil Genius